Sign in to follow this  
writeronthestorm

Hughton spotted at Celtic

he was at the match and it was speculation from the bbc scotland manager who he was there watching - it could have been a motherwell player but without a doubt he was there casting an eye over a potential purchase - we just dinnae nae hoo...

Could easily have been Izaguirre as we were linked before and he wants a move to Prem as well. Plus Garrido being dropped recently and Tierney not figuring. Maybe we''d have Garrido AND Izaguirre? I can''t let myself believe he was watching Hooper as I doubt we could afford him. He always went to that Blackpool game and people mentioned Ince, but I couldn''t see us affording him either..I''m massively intrigued about who he might be watching in these games..

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Kris Commons is what I have been told. Another winger![/quote]

By whom exactly?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Maybe it''s Fraser and Hooper - that would represent improvement to the squad and give us a fighting chance...[/quote]

....because we''ve obviously got the £10m+ that would cost to spend, on a goalkeeper who''s not as good as Ruddy or Bunn and a striker who''s playing in Europe for a bigger club than us?

I didn''t say we couldn''t spend £10m etc.

I''m saying we won''t. Not in January. Hughton''s no mug and blowing a sizeable proportion of our budget at a time when prices are inflated and most clubs have no desire to sell would just be a bad move.

He''s better than that, and we can be frugal and unearth a Michu esque player of our own, because I trust in Ewan Chester''s scouting network

Sorry, wasn''t specifically aiming that at you, in fact you even mentioning a figure that high pretty much excludes you from my statement. I get the impression from some that they think e have next to nothing to spend. But we haven''t spent that much of our money out of the amount we have earnt, we don''t have huge costs yet, because our wage bill is tiny compared to 3/4 or so of the PL.