Sign in to follow this  
writeronthestorm

Hughton spotted at Celtic

Would be a cracking signing, but can''t see why he would want to leave Celtic in the middle of their European run. Not like he won''t have offers next summer as well.

Also I can only imagine how many millions Celtic will want for him - surely around the £7m - £8m mark taking into account January prices and the fact they really don''t need to sell.

I would suspect Hughton is watching someone else.

Perhaps Wilson - Celtic CB?

I was going to also say Murphy at Motherwell, but he may be on his way to Sheff Utd who, with all due respect, we shouldn''t be competing with for signings

My thoughts exactly, Bethnal. Would be a coup, but why would he leave now? Unless its for a team also still in Europe.

Either another Celtic player or a Motherwell player for me. Makes more sense.

[quote user="writeronthestorm"]

Perhaps Wilson - Celtic CB?

I was going to also say Murphy at Motherwell, but he may be on his way to Sheff Utd who, with all due respect, we shouldn''t be competing with for signings

[/quote]

Just conceded a pen..he''ll fit right in! joking

Zaine Francis-Angol: Left-back for Motherwell, 19. Former youth player at Spurs, which is where Hughton might know him from.

Beram Kayal: Israel International. Combative central defensive midfielder.

Emilio Izaguirre: Left-back for Celtic, but wants move to England.

Shaun Hutchinson: 22 year old centre-back for Motherwell. Big, strong, fast and pretty assured with the ball. Pretty good pass.

Would love us to sign Wanyama! Quality player, not sure they''re going to part with anyone on the cheap with the extra Champions League money though? Interesting to see what develops from this...

Given the time of year, this suggests he may be up there to complete a signing or give a final seal of approval on a player before an offer is made...makes it a bit more exciting than a scouting mission!!

Not sure why any Celtic player would go whilst they have a crack at Champions League footy (even if that potentially only means 2 more games)...although the Premier League is a massive attraction for players (so nice to say that and be referring to us)

What about the lad that came on and scored Celtics second v barca? Only 18 and if he was in the squad could of possibly been him?

Or perhaps Hooper buy and loan back for a while? That way he can finish off the cl games and then come to us and finish off the season here?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Kris Commons is what I have been told. Another winger![/quote]

Strange the report I heard seemed to say that Hughton said he was there watching Hooper. There did not seem much of a secret about it and to travel all that way you would think a deal was close.

If my memory is correct, there were suggestions that Celtics finances were not amazing.

If Celtic was ever going to be ''sell'' and find replacements, then now would be the ideal time, reached Champions League... Rangers wont be seen for a couple of years in the league.

[quote user="ncfc2013"]there is nothing on bbc website about hughton looking at gary hooper[/quote]

As I am sure the op will also say this was said by the reporter at the game. He did not say Hughton maybe here looking at a certain player he clearly made a point of saying Norwich Manager Chris Hughton is here today casting a final eye over Hooper ( he was that Scottish commentator that seems to know a lot ). There were a number of managers there but no other manager or player was singled out.

[quote user="Jules"]Picture of Hughton at Celtic today at the Daily Mail website. It says that he was there running his eyes over potential transfer targets but no names are mentioned.

[/quote]Watching brief: Norwich boss Chris Hughton was running the rule over potential targets at Parkhead

He reported has, with quite a few Prem clubs interested in him. I''ve always been a fan of him and would love him here - but with teams above us, and arguably bigger than us in terms of stature, I''m not sure we would be first in line for him

Sorry, that should read "teams above us needing strikers"