Sign in to follow this  
Flatcap Canary

McNally and his Hooter (also Steve Morison)

(where of course, by Hooter i refer not to Chrissy boy but David''s nose)

I apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere, I don''t have the time to look through every thread and if it has I''m sure you''ll swiftly tell me.

As much as I respect everything Mr McNally has done for us, tweeting about player performances and confirming/denying transfer rumours is in my eyes completely unprofessional. Last I checked he was our CEO, not Director of Football.

We''re all aware that towards the end (and possibly previously) of the Judas tenure that the relationship between McNally and Lambert had frayed to say the least. Hughton''s a nice guy, famed for it...but if McNally sticks his Hooter in Hoot''s business, expect fireworks. I doubt he''s the yes man some posters like to profess.

As an aside, I''m not in the business of starting multiple threads, but we''re nothing without Holty. No disrespect to our squad, we have some very talented players- but Grant is the glue- and in spite of our valiant performance against Man City our ball retention is that good with GH in the side that we probably wouldn''t have been carved open as often as we were- we''re just tighter with Holty, and may have snatched a point or more.

Also, Steve Morison.

Bids can''t be made without reference to him and knowledge on his part, so I suggest that McNally was quite right to play down feverish expectations with the comment that no bids had yet been made, he didn''t mention enquiries of which a number have probably been made. The result, of course, is thast other cluibs were not alerted to our activities.

I have no way of knowing how Machiavellian he is, but he does have a refreshing tendency to answer questions put to him, rather than ignoring them or giving obscure answers. He seems to have a clear idea on what he can say  and what he ought not to say, and he fits in with with the NCFC policy of respecting what other clubs say or do, and what negotiations are in progress

I have to say, in case this is seen as a eulogy, that he may have threatened too much when Lambert asked for permission to speak to Leicester, as was apparently is contract permitted, but this is now water under the bridge.

I''m no user of Twitter but, from what I glean from the constant references to McNally''s comments on it, it seems that he intentionally signed up to it in order to create a closer liaison with the fans.

His whole time here has been characterised by tight-lippedness from the Club and this medium is a little glimmer of light.

He only seems to post with discretion though and keeps a straight bat to most questions put to him. Nothing much is revealed whilst a proportion of the fans are happy with the link. 

As i understand it, all bids in and out will go through him and the whole nature of the transfer window is cat and mouse trying to slightly get a better deal on any moves.

He is probably trying to act like we aren''t desperate to sign anyone, because if he admitted we were desperate any fees would increase.

Are bids a thing of the past? I mean most players have agents who will deal for the player, most clubs will contact each other to dicuss if players are available and the price.

So Macnally has not bid on any players but probably have discussed potential targets with other clubs and players agents too.