Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Sky Sports News

Good age good experience in prem. Suppose people would rather sign an untried african who they''ve never even seen play.

Far better Graham then the championship pair we have been linked with! I''d be happy with a player who scored 13 goals in the premiership ( I believe it was 13).

I agree with the points about him being a goalscorer and somewhat proven. It just seems a bit of a like for like move,,,too similar to Holt. We need someone physically different to what we have now. Plus, im still annoyed by Grahams celebration against us least season..ridicoulous.

I''d be very happy with Graham, he scores goals and that''s what we need!

I wouldn''t say he is too similar to Holt, I think he''s got a bit more pace and less strength about him. He''d be an upgrade on Morison and provide good competition for Holt up front whilst chipping in with goals. He has an eye for the net!

[quote user="super canary"]Understands that us and Reading have made an approach for Danny Graham. I do hope not.[/quote]

What!!? 14 premiership goals last season and scored goals for fun in the championship the season before and you hope we don''t sign him! The guy was being tipped for an England call up last year too. I''d be over the moon with Graham, he would fit in very well. Much better then players like CMS, Gary Hooper, Glen Murray and some foreigner with a fancy name amongst other rubbish we''ve been linked to.

Make it happen Hughton and fast!

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]He would be a good signing but I have 2 questions

1. Why would be want to leave for us?

2. Why do Swansea want to sell him?

Otbc[/quote]

He''s hardly played for Swansea this year. There have been rumors of a falling out with Laudrup and obviously the signing and form of Michu has been keeping him out.

He seems to be behind that Scheter (spelling) in the pecking order down there as well.

He''ll be in the first team here,..no doubt...but I don''t think Swansea would want to sell him either.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]He would be a good signing but I have 2 questions 1. Why would be want to leave for us? 2. Why do Swansea want to sell him? Otbc[/quote]

He''s fallen out with Laudrup and has lost his place to Michu.

Laudrup is well known for causing rifts at clubs he manages, he tends to fall out with players and board members on fairly regular occasions and I doubt this is the last player who will leave Swansea becuase of him.

[quote user="super canary"]I agree with the points about him being a goalscorer and somewhat proven. It just seems a bit of a like for like move,,,too similar to Holt. We need someone physically different to what we have now. [/quote]

Really ? Now i thought someone else in the Holt mould was just what we were looking for. [*-)] Big,strong and scores goals which what we have not got at the moment.

i guess what im saying is, due to our formation, we have 1 striker space. if we get graham then who do we start? surely holt wont be stuck on the bench? if we have space for just 1 striker then lets at least try and go for someone thats a step up from holt and graham.

[quote user="super canary"]i guess what im saying is, due to our formation, we have 1 striker space. if we get graham then who do we start? surely holt wont be stuck on the bench? if we have space for just 1 striker then lets at least try and go for someone thats a step up from holt and graham.[/quote]

More oftern than not play both why not, and if we get this guy from celtic we could be set

The question was surely holt wont be left on the bench.

My question is when we make a signing, the existing starting player should expect to be pushed for their starting place and feel threatened.    I dont want any player coming here and expecting to sit behind an existing player - I want a bit more hunger than that.

I would not expect the new striker to start immediately - however I would hope he is used to rest and sub holt where appropriate and to push for a starting place within a dozen games or so - assuming we stick to a 4231 formation. 

[quote user="super canary"]i guess what im saying is, due to our formation, we have 1 striker space. if we get graham then who do we start? surely holt wont be stuck on the bench? if we have space for just 1 striker then lets at least try and go for someone thats a step up from holt and graham.[/quote]many have been asking for CH to mix things up and try some new tactics, I

think Graham would be a very handy inclusion to our squad...

Graham    Holt

Hoolahan

Johnson    Snodgrass

Tetty

Garrido  Bassong  Turner  Whittiker

Bunn/Ruddy

It will be competition for Holty because lets face it in Morison, Jackson and Kane, we haven''t really got anyone who threatens Holty''s starting spot. Graham would do just this and maybe if he performed well enough could take the starting space forcing Holty to up his game.

Hughton is all about competition for places and obviously apart from Holt, the rest of the strikers aren''t offering any sort of competition

[quote user="super canary"]i guess what im saying is, due to our formation, we have 1 striker space. if we get graham then who do we start? surely holt wont be stuck on the bench? if we have space for just 1 striker then lets at least try and go for someone thats a step up from holt and graham.[/quote]Maybe we can go and hijack Chelsea''s Demba Ba transfer? The very best forwards in this league are out of our price range, most of the time in term of transfer fees and definitely in wages. There are good value players available aboard like Michu, but they are rare. There is also the risk that they will not adapt to English football. World Class Players like Crespo, Shevchenko & Veron have come to the Premiership and flopped. I''m not saying that Norwich shouldn''t buy players from aboard, but we shouldn''t expect that they will be the next RVP and dismiss a proven Premiership player like Graham.

At 27, Graham still has good playing years ahead of him and would provide another option up front presumably in place of Chris Martin. Apparently he doesn''t fit into Laudrup''s playing style. He''s said to be valued at around 5m, as is Kayal, so there wouldn''t be much left over for others!

Would be a great signing.

A younger version of Holt would be perfect, particularly that they are friends. Surely both will accept playing from the bench for a few games and not cause rifts.

The occasional home game against weakened sides with both, or the opportunity to have both on the pitch for the last 15-20mins in games we are chasing.

Most importantly for me though, is Holt is 31 and 32 in April. Players around this age, start to get more affected by knocks, recovery time is a little longer. This would suggest if they playing with knocks, that slight injuries are more common.

Signing a younger version of Holt, whose entering his prime, and with the opportunity of learning off Holt. Would be beneficial to all three parties, could certainly prolong Holt''s career and make him more effective by reducing the number of games he plays.

A good all round striker, although for me does need too many chances to score, but then that''s no different to any other player we have been linked with (Doyle, CMS etc.). Despite his age, I think he''d be a good acquisition for this season, and definitely a better prospect than Morison is proving to be at the moment

was meant to read "a good acquisition beyond this season"