Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Keith Fahey

"Ipswich Town, Nottingham Forest and Norwich City are chasing Birmingham City midfielder Keith Fahey, according to reports in Ireland. 

Irish international Fahey, 29, was with Arsenal’s academy and moved on to Aston Villa while still a youth player, but failed to make a first team appearance and returned to Ireland.

The Dubliner, who has been capped 16 times by his country, scoring three goals, played for Bluebell United, St Patrick’s Athletic and Drogheda before joining Birmingham in January 2009.

Since then he has made 107 starts and 35 sub appearances for the Midlanders, scoring nine times.

Fahey, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has been back in Ireland on compassionate leave for the last seven weeks.

Forest are now managed by Alex McLeish and Norwich by Chris Hughton, both of whom were previously in charge at Birmingham."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/22179/fahey-amongst-midfielders-linked-with-blues

I dont like this buying 29 year olds. I much prefered buying sub 26 year olds from the lower leagues, not 29 year olds. Also I can''t see him coming in and replacing P/S/B on the wing!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I dont like this buying 29 year olds. I much prefered buying sub 26 year olds from the lower leagues, not 29 year olds. Also I can''t see him coming in and replacing P/S/B on the wing![/quote]Thing is Banana, Hughton knows him. I think if he joined us it would be back-up ie Bunn and would be similar to when Lambert signed Wilbraham.