Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Graham & Hooper

On my way to work and the Sky Sports News app reckons us and Reading have "made approaches" for Danny Graham.

A seperate article states that Hughton was watching Hooper at Celtic with one of their coaches stating it would be "madness" to let him leave.

I think they''re is definitely some rumblings of activity.

Daily Mail today says we are launching a £5M bid for Celtic''s Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal, 24 years old. It also states that Hughton has been linked with Hooper but he is looking for a bigger move.

Celtic are claimed to want £7M for Kayal but may accept less as he has 18 months left on his contract.

Excuse the horrific grammar at the end of my first post!

I don''t know a great deal about Kayal, is he a combative type like Johnson?

I don''t really see Hooper getting a "big" move. I think he may have to adjust his sights a little, comfortably mid-table Premier League would still be a decent move for him, although I suppose he is playing Champions League football..

Well, after the West ham game, leaving the Boleyn Ground, I felt convinced the manager and the CEO must have felt obliged to do something about our attacking impotence! I hope we get someone like Graham in or a striker with some pedigree! I don''t think Hooper will come to Norfolk though and there must be a lot of rubbish going around in "Tabloid-land" and the rest of the media for that matter... We''ve all heard the rumours about the strikers coming...after the Cup of Nations in Africa, now that was complete tosh. These rumours might be too, but at least were going after a striker that can join immediately, ''cause we really need him!

Kayal is a bit of a tenacious beast, but can get forward well. Very highly rated and been key to their European performances. He would certainly be vying for the DM position if he came here, but I''m not sure who CH was looking at. None of us know really! Looking forward to some activity soon. Not sure what''s happening with Moro right now but Hull fans seem to think they''re after him

Do you really think that a striker who is playing for a side that are in the QF of the champions league against one of the most famous clubs in the world is going to leave, have some brains fellas

[quote user="TheEarlyMilkman"]Do you really think that a striker who is playing for a side that are in the QF of the champions league against one of the most famous clubs in the world is going to leave, have some brains fellas[/quote]

And playing in a league week in, week out, where the standard is on a par with League 1 and League 2.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

immaterial what the standard in the League is when you qualify for the Champions League!

[/quote]

Disagree completely. I''d much rather play week in week out against some of the worlds best teams rather than once or twice every 3 or 4 years.

I don''t disagree with the Scottish level, but why leave this season when your on a great European run, when you could leave at the end of te season to a premiership side having done your best in champions league???

[quote user="baldyboy"]immaterial what the standard in the League is when you qualify for the Champions League!
[/quote]

Especially when you have only two more games to look forward to !

[quote user="Scrimmage "]Juventus are interested in Hooper. We''re deluded if we think he''s going to come here.[/quote]

Really? Are they really interested? Or is that just another stupid transfer story made up by the tabloids. The same way that Real Madrid were going to buy Victor Moses from Palace and he ended up moving to Wigan.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Scrimmage "]Juventus are interested in Hooper. We''re deluded if we think he''s going to come here.[/quote]

Really? Are they really interested? Or is that just another stupid transfer story made up by the tabloids. The same way that Real Madrid were going to buy Victor Moses from Palace and he ended up moving to Wigan.

[/quote]

It was Barcelona who wanted Moses.

Here''s the Hooper to Juve link :

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8341516/Italian-giants-Juventus-have-joined-the-clubs-looking-at-Celtic-s-Gary-Hooper

I agree Hooper is unrealistic but Juve have entered talks with Llorente supposedly... which makes them unlikely to go for hooper in my book

Oh and Sky are one of the worst for rumours like that. They are good at confirming bids etc, but interest rumours are abysmal on there

Either way, Juve or not, bigger clubs are after Hooper. He''s not coming to Carrow Road. If he did come here (and it would be for a hefty fee) it would be with a bigger move in mind, not so long down the line.

I am struggling to think of  a player under 30 recently who has not joined us seeing us as a possible stepping stone?     All young progressive players want the chance to make it at a arsenal/spurs/newcastle level paying club or above.

If he comes here and moves to a bigger club he will have scored and we benefitted from those and a transfer fee  - all good stuff

I don''t think Hooper is a hugely unrealistic transfer for Norwich - but it would be a very impressive signing considering Celtic''s European run and the fact they have no need to sell anyone.

I don''t think Hooper will end up at a ''big, big'' club but probably someone along the lines of Everton, Newcastle, West Brom etc. Seeing as only Norwich, Newcastle and QPR are in much need of a striker at the moment there would certainly be a fighting chance of getting him.

Considering Hooper has turned down a new contract at Celtic (or had the last time I looked) then is seems a move in the next 6 months is likely.

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose

Re Gary Hooper @tSFanReporter I understand Norwich have agreed a fee with Celtic, my man thinks he''ll join

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Re Gary Hooper @tSFanReporter I understand Norwich have agreed a fee with Celtic, my man thinks he''ll join[/quote]

Oh dear - means it''s almost certainly not happening then if that idiot is saying it will [;)]

So people know, moose is generally wrong on most things, he must''ve linked West Ham (being a fan) with 20 players in the summer and most of them didn''t come off at all. However he does get the odd thing right, so another take it as it comes rumour.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Re Gary Hooper @tSFanReporter I understand Norwich have agreed a fee with Celtic, my man thinks he''ll join[/quote]

Oh dear - means it''s almost certainly not happening then if that idiot is saying it will [;)]

[/quote]

Are you confusing Moose with is Posh supporting colleague Adrian Durham?