Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Saturday - day of rest/game time

RuddFrancomb  Barnett  R Bennett  Tierney E. Bennett   Smith   Fox     Lappin           Jackson     Morison

Should see off Peterborough?  

I will be disgusted if we put that sort of side out in an FA Cup tie where we have 5000 fans in attendance. What has happened to so many of our fans that we suddenly don''t care about the FA Cup?

Don''t risk any players with fitness worries or really crucial players for the next fee weeks but other than that it should be as string as possible.

Rudd

Martin Turner Bennett Garido

Bennett Fox Johnson Snodgrass

Wes

Jackson

Should be good enough with the right application;    I think CH said Morison will not be fit due to his thigh strain so assume you would swap Kane in instead?   Even if Morison fit I would stick with Kane starting I think. 

Personally I would stick with 4-2-3-1 (its the clubs preferred tactic) and play howson in the hoolahan role - everyone says thats his role - lets see if he can really fill it?   A goal could give Kane a confidence boost

Smith       Fox

Bennett               Lappin

Howson

Kane 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Should be good enough with the right application;    I think CH said Morison will not be fit due to his thigh strain so assume you would swap Kane in instead?   Even if Morison fit I would stick with Kane starting I think. 

Personally I would stick with 4-2-3-1 (its the clubs preferred tactic) and play howson in the hoolahan role - everyone says thats his role - lets see if he can really fill it?   A goal could give Kane a confidence boost

Smith       Fox

Bennett               Lappin

Howson

Kane 

[/quote]

Like that team actually. Kane does seem a confidence player. Especially that miss v the Hammers in September, that was a nervous finish. Confident player would have banged that in.

i think several of the players should be rested, though i am not sure that CH thinks the same. in the hammers game you could see that several were off the pace due to playing in every game of the festive season.

I have to agree with the OP, may as well throw out every fringe player and see what happens.

I feel for the fans having been there myself to watch utter trash at cup games and have since vowed never to bother with cup games as managers will always favour the league, even if we are only a game away from Wembley...

I have lost interest in all the cups, chosen to stop attending after last season''s dreadful effort.

I actually think the FA cup is losing its shine for a lot of fans, not sure why, i wonder if it could be because we have an almost identical cup with the league cup, which no one takes seriously and now that is resonating down to the FA cup too.

IMO the league cup needs to be scrapped before the FA cup can get some of its glamour back

Rudd

Martin Bennett Barnett Garrido

Fox Howson

E.Bennett Surman

Jackson Kane

Should be a good enough squad to beat Peterborough without playing any risks or those who have missed games recently

[quote user="AJ"]Rudd

Martin Bennett Barnett Garrido

Fox Howson

E.Bennett Surman

Jackson Kane

Should be a good enough squad to beat Peterborough without playing any risks or those who have missed games recently[/quote]surman is out injured and doesn''t even really play wide left anyway

I was under the impression Surman was back in training but possibly not match fit. He played in a four across the middle several times in our promotion season, so can''t see why he can''t again! I know he''s not an out and out winger though

I wouldn''t be overly surprised to see pretty much the full strength defence out - we''ve been a bit wobbly at the back recently, and often playing more games together can help with cohesion and organisation.

Midfield and attack, I would expect virtually an entirely second string side. Any of those above look like they should be able to do us a job.

[quote user="Aggy"]I wouldn''t be overly surprised to see pretty much the full strength defence out - we''ve been a bit wobbly at the back recently, and often playing more games together can help with cohesion and organisation. Midfield and attack, I would expect virtually an entirely second string side. Any of those above look like they should be able to do us a job.[/quote]

I''ve got a guy who works for me who''s a mate of Leon Barnett''s and he''s just texted me to say that Leon''s definitely starting. Don''t know anything else about tomorrow''s team though.

Simple team selection:

Anyone but Bunn

Anyone but R Martin
Anyone but Barnett
Anyone but Ryan Bennett
Anyone but Tierney

Anyone but Elliott Bennett
Anyone but Howson
Anyone but Fox
Anyone but Pilkington

Anyone but Jackson
Anyone but Morison

[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Simple team selection:

Anyone but BunnAnyone but R MartinAnyone but BarnettAnyone but Ryan BennettAnyone but TierneyAnyone but Elliott BennettAnyone but HowsonAnyone but FoxAnyone but PilkingtonAnyone but JacksonAnyone but Morison
[;)][/quote]looks like i am in the team then. i''ll get my boots dusted off, they''ve been in the shed for 27 years.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Simple team selection:

Anyone but Bunn

Anyone but R Martin
Anyone but Barnett
Anyone but Ryan Bennett
Anyone but Tierney

Anyone but Howson
Anyone but Fox
Anyone but Pilkington

Anyone but Jackson
Anyone but Morison

[;)][/quote]looks like i am in the team then. i''ll get my boots dusted off, they''ve been in the shed for 27 years.
[/quote]

I think Beau may get a game as well...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Anyone but Bunn

Anyone but R Martin
Anyone but Barnett
Anyone but Ryan Bennett
Anyone but Tierney

Anyone but Howson
Anyone but Fox
Anyone but Pilkington

Anyone but Jackson
Anyone but Morison

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not going in goal. You''ll only underrate me....[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Anyone but Bunn

Anyone but R Martin
Anyone but Barnett
Anyone but Ryan Bennett
Anyone but Tierney

Anyone but Howson
Anyone but Fox
Anyone but Pilkington

Anyone but Jackson
Anyone but Morison

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not going in goal. You''ll only underrate me....[;)]

[/quote]

Au contraire, no matter how badly you played there you couldn''t help but be a great improvement...[:D]