Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

How old are you guys ?

Honestly, some of the posts on here are ridiculous at the best of times, but when it gets to transfer window time this message board goes crazy every time!

We have a certain transfer budget, and we have an excellent scouting network that are working throughout the year, to identify who we should be looking to sign, within our budget, but still we get people believing that we are going to sign so and so from wherever, according to the media, or we should sign so and so because he scores shedloads on Football Manager.

Get real, guys and girls, i love football manager games and fantasy football leagues as much, if not more, than the next guy, but please, let the professionals at the club do what they''re paid to do, they haven''t failed us yet. Back their judgement, and i''m sure we''ll be fine.

We are improving leaps and bounds each season, and long may it continue.

OTBC!!!

I did attempt a subject change with the ''time stops at carrow road'' thread. I suppose most enjoy a bit of gossip. I have confidence in the club to do the best thing. Its often last minute deals at month end anyway

What''s the point of supporting a club if you can''t get excited about who might join your team?

Sure, there''s some tripe (like Welbeck on loan), but on the whole people have been fairly realistic and discussed targets that have been brought up in the media, which is completely fair to do. This happens at every club at every transfer window. Who''s going to leave, who''s going to join the yellow and green..

I''ve got plenty of faith in the board and personally enjoy the quiet and understated style we have in transfer windows, but I''m still just as excited as a fat kid in a sweet shop when it comes to thinking of the next player to join this epic journey we''ve been on in recent years..

So what you are saying is we shouldn''t discuss NcFc related issues on here? A forum for discussing NcFc?

Because your reasoning for not discussing transfers (although one about three posters have ever refered to RL players in relation to games seriously, the hundreds of other mentions are from posters like you moaning anyone dare suggest a transfer target).

We can''t talk about anything a player does, as we aren''t professionals.

Can''t talk about finances as we don''t work for the club and/or aren''t accountants.

We can''t talk about anything unless we are a professional is pretty much what your post says. Well done, you''ve killed a forum.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Honestly, some of the posts on here are ridiculous at the best of times, but when it gets to transfer window time this message board goes crazy every time!

We have a certain transfer budget, and we have an excellent scouting network that are working throughout the year, to identify who we should be looking to sign, within our budget, but still we get people believing that we are going to sign so and so from wherever, according to the media, or we should sign so and so because he scores shedloads on Football Manager.

Get real, guys and girls, i love football manager games and fantasy football leagues as much, if not more, than the next guy, but please, let the professionals at the club do what they''re paid to do, they haven''t failed us yet. Back their judgement, and i''m sure we''ll be fine.

We are improving leaps and bounds each season, and long may it continue.

OTBC!!![/quote]

lighten up. its all in good fun, i wonder how many people are being cheered up through the doom and gloom of post xmas/january/rain/no money/back to work by alot of far fetched rumours, crazy sounding foreign players linked to us and the continued asda sightings? well, its certainly making my january more bearable. but maybe its just me. MORE CRAZY RUMOURS PLEASE.

What''s age got to do with it?

As an older supporter who distinctly remembers the Club''s very first game ever (ten at the time,) I enjoy it all immensly.

So many players brought up that I have never heard of both improves my Googleing skills (even Google Earth on occasions)  and leads me to constantly admire the greater knowledge of the game of many of my fellow posters. So much in-depth knowledge of all these foreign players indictes such a great love of the game that it extends far beyond our shores.

Once the Window is over there will be a big gap in my life. Harmless fun surely?

Half serious really.

It''s a good question! I''d like to know the age of some posters on here as it might - or might not - explain a lot!

Me i''m 36. Don''t know if that explains anything!

21 in march, sounds better than saying 20 now. I''ll also answer for mongrel bumpkin - five.

I don''t think he actually wanted to know anyone''s age, just wanted to make a rather odd point that we can''t talk about transfers as we don''t work for the club...

And I''m 21 in June ;)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="way out west"]Mental or actual?
[/quote]

Reading age in some cases.

[/quote]

I''ve been to Reading on a few occaisions, I don''t remember anyone giving me a new age.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]21 in march, sounds better than saying 20 now. I''ll also answer for mongrel bumpkin - five.[/quote]

Lol, that''s the one i want to know - I reckon you''re not far off!

Actual                                - 46

In my head I think I am       - 32

Physically feel                     - 75

Mental age                         - you decide

I''m actually 56. But I only look about 20 and easily get away with my U21 ticket[H]

I bet some people won''t answer though....

See if you can get a reply from Lapp and Tilly. Their combined age reminds me of Alistair Cook''s best innings[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m actually 56. But I only look about 20 and easily get away with my U21 ticket[H]

See if you can get a reply from Lapp and Tilly. Their combined age reminds me of Alistair Cook''s best innings[;)]

[/quote]

Your obsession with Cooks is unbelievable and for your information you are as young as you feel......i feel like a 24 year old but these days find them hard to come by.[;)]

I am currently 32, mentally I still feel about 22 but since having my first child I feel physically 52.I love the different links and it is great to see who throws the most names about and then claims to be correct at the end, personally I think we will make a surprise move for me, I can''t tell you how I know but I saw myself in ASDA and my brother in-law''s window cleaner also cleans the windows at Colney.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]21 in march, sounds better than saying 20 now. I''ll also answer for mongrel bumpkin - five.[/quote]...no,no,no, that''s his I.Q.

I really do hope he is a teenager at least. 

It would just be too depressing otherwise that an adult city fan could be like that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Your obsession with Cooks is unbelievable and for your information you are as young as you feel......i feel like a 24 year old but these days find them hard to come by.[;)]

[/quote]

Tilly is actually SO old that young women with toddlers stand up and offer him their seat on the tube.

17 in a few days, and Ive never mentioned who I want Norwich to sign on this forum [:P] But since we are talking about it.... I think we need another striker.  We don''t look the same without Holt. Danny Graham  he appears to be unsettled at Swansea and is better than what we''ve got next to Holt, he has also proven himself in the premier league.  I''d rather that than someone in the championship who might not make the mark, nor am I going to rave about some african player whom I''ve never seen play (which some on this forum appears to be doing)I also think we might need another defender.  Elliot Ward I can''t see being here next season.  Bennett looks a liability sometimes and despite Barnett getting a few games, he''s never going to cement a place.  Turner has got better but again I still think we need strengthening in that area.  In that position I''d go forCurtis DavisIt''s pretty obvious he''s always been top of the list for Hughton anyway, but it all depends if Birmingham are finally prepared to sell him.  I think he''s good enough to establish a sturdy Davis/Bassong partnershipI''d be happy with those two! I don''t think the midfield needs to be tampered with, not this season anywayThey are just my opinions.I''ll be happy whoever comes in, as long as they are here to strengthen and better than what we''ve currently got

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Just turned 33 on 31 december ...[/quote]Exactly how did you turn 33 people on? [8-)]