Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 21

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 21 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have a PUP legend and celebrity with First Wazzock in charge and making the final selections. Wazzy secured one of our biggest ever wins a couple of seasons ago when his final six returned £80. He also keeps many of us amused with his light hearted banter on here and of course his never ending supply of jokes. As Aunt Marge he has helped with many posters face their problem, even those related to St Andrews Hall. Wazzy who’s also be known by some of you as Dr Vinyl is great company at our PUP gatherings and is a great supporter to me and all us PUPs on these threads.

After the difficult holiday fixtures of the last couple of weeks we are faced with the uncertainty of the FA Cup this time. Some of the European leagues are back but some are still on a break so be careful PUPs.

I’ve provisionally sorted out the rota for February. Please let me know if these dates are ok. As always I can facilitate a change if necessary.

Feb   2nd  Fonejacker

Feb   9th   Trent Canary

Feb  16th   NewYorkCanary

Feb  23rd  Leeds Canary

So now Ill hand the thread over to Wazzy. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Steve ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]..

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1859 for the Academy,so far.

OK, I''ll get this party started with Man City Reserves to beat Watford.

Best of luck Wazzy and a Happy New Year to all you lovely Pups! [Y]

Avoiding the FA Cup, I''m going for a home win for Olympiakos v. Veria.

Olympiakos are W7 D0 L0 F19 A2 at home and Veria are W1 D3 L3 F3 A8 away.

Good Luck, First Wazzock!

Giving the minefield that is the 3rd round of the FA Cup a miss and heading for Portugal...

FC Porto (2nd, 6-0-0 18-1 at home) v Nacional (11th/16 2-0-4 7-12 away)

Best of luck Wazzy, and all you PUPs.

Good evening Nutty and very good luck to you Dr Vinyl EP.LP.and to all you other PUPs out there.

Now then First Wazzy i had a very narrow squeek last weekend in Scotland with Rangers only creeping past Queens Park with a last minute winner so i am off to sunnier climes and to a favourite hunting ground in Spain so...............

HOME WIN please for BARCELONA v Espanyol.   1/12 on v 20/1.

A Sunday offering from the Italian Serie A:

JUVENTUS 7-1-1 (19-5)   -v-   Sampdoria 2-2-5 (12-17)  HOME WIN

Good Luck Wazzy, aka Dr Vinyl and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

I fancy Spurs to have a little too much at home for Coventry in the FA cup, so Tottenham v Coventry HOME win please.

Good luck all.

Hi All,

I will head to Greece for an Atromitos HOME WIN over Kerkya.

As far as Feb 16th, that date actually isn''t great as I will be in Puerto Rico (family vacation) from the 15th to the 22nd. Travel day on the 15th so I won''t be near a computer. Any week in March would be great if that works for you.

Thanks!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Hi All, I will head to Greece for an Atromitos HOME WIN over Kerkya. As far as Feb 16th, that date actually isn''t great as I will be in Puerto Rico (family vacation) from the 15th to the 22nd. Travel day on the 15th so I won''t be near a computer. Any week in March would be great if that works for you. Thanks![/quote]

No worries Justin. I''ll move you to March[Y]

Three games in Italy caught my eye. Fiorentina (1/4) look too strong for Pescara and Juventus (1/5) look good to beat Sampdoria. However my nap is Lazio (4/7) to beat Cagliara. Lazio at home are W7 D1 L1 F18 A8 while Cagliari away are W2 D2 L5 F8 A19.

Lazio             v             Cagliari              Home Win

Good luck Wazzy and all you PUPs[Y]

Thank you for that wonderful introduction Nutty, all I can say is please keep sending them in every pick will be considered.

I am working tomorrow night (and wont be back until after 1) so what I am proposing to do is make the final selection about 5 tomorrow afternoon (sorry all you PUPs who don''t leave you pick until Friday evening).

FW

Dr V

AM [:D] 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now then First Wazzy i had a very narrow squeek last weekend in Scotland

[/quote]

Is this the sort of thing to reveal on a message board? [:P]

League One, where third placed Doncaster can go top with a decisive win Saturday. They entertain relegation haunted Colchester who''ve lost nine of their last ten games. The only question in my mind is, can Donny score the five goals they need to go top?Doncaster v Colchester.......Home win.Good luck Wazzy. [Y]

A happy new year to you all, you mothers.

Juventus will beat Sampdoria this weekend in Italy.  There are lots of stats to back this up, but old Bor doesn''t have any truck with them.  Just trust me, I slipped a certain Signori an envelope previously intended for Redknapp Snr.

Wouldn''t normall pick a derby game, even odds on faves at home, but Barcelona against Espanyol is hardly a derby anyway, from the outside, not sure how much the locals and players rank it. Barcelona to start after the short break with a win.

Barcelona vs Espanyol- home win.

Good luck :)

To Cyprus.

APOEL to  win at home against Alki.

APOEL with a 5-0-2 and 14/5 home record. Alki with a 2-1-4 and 5/10 away record.

Good luck to all!

AC Milan aren''t having the best of seasons but must surely win at home against Siena, the bottom team.

Good luck this week FW.