Sign in to follow this  
forbseyITK

Leroy Lita?

I have heard from a reliable source that Swansea have been approached for Leroy Lita by the club he had a loan spell at Birmingham that had been terminated due to injury but he has now fully recovered and finds the lack of first team football frustrating due to Graham and Michu. Seeing as he is a bit of a club legend ( top scorer in the relegation season) what would people think to this move. The Graham rumors are not true and it is in fact Lita we are chasing.

Well at least our fans are really ambitious.Do not think he is any better than Jackson now imo.

We gave him a go before ?

He was awesome for us !! if we want to play one upfront with pace and strength we could do alot worse. yes he isnt a kid anymore but still only 28. We would have loved to keep him but we had no money 7 goal in 16 appearances !

Dont think he is the answer to anybodys prayers but dont dismiss so easily.

So someone with their first post starts a bulls**t rumour, and people actually take it seriously?

We are not interested in Leroy Lita- I have no problem with him as he is an honest enough player, but we are a lot more ambitious than that.

I''d be willing to bet good money on it.

As a cheap stopgap, I wouldn''t rule him out.

Seem to remember him giving it a real go when he was here. Small, but strong as an ox & able to make goals out of very little.

I actually rate him more than Hooper.

Cant say I am that interested but I am surprised that he is only 28.  Definitely not a swansea type player and I suspect wages are large too.

Overall I would probably just about have him as our 3/4th striker ahead of jackson or kane as I think he offers a little bit more than those so if CH did make a bid I would not be too disappointed. However I think we are looking at options better than morison and holt,  not better than Jackson and Kane.  

We have put a blanket bid in for all of Swansea''s fringe players in the hope that some of their magic will rub off on us. Just as Swansea have become known as the Welsh Barcelona, we will become known as the East Anglian Swansea, whereupon we will have reached the pinnacle of our ambition and will sit back an enjoy the adulation being poured on us by Match of the Day pundits.

I dont think its likely but certainly more likely than Hooper/Graham/Austin. I think it will be a surprise from Europe (hopefully a good one)

Hilarious, some random guy makes an ''IN THE KNOW'' account and people lap it up.We are not going to buy Leroy Lita this window, or any other window in the near or distant future.

Step in the wrong direction. I know January isn''t ideal but we don''t need a stop gap, we need a good Striker for the future. I''d sooner take a punt on a younger player from the lower leagues.

I''m not sure LL is the answer. I would have thought given our limited striker options at the moment that we should be looking for someone to take us to the next level.

thenorthstand, I realise we would ideally like a promising - potentially better than Holt - affordable young striker, but that may not be possible.

But we definitely do need another striker; do we really want to play Harry Kane as our main threat again?

So a decent stopgap striker would not come amiss. And I think LL could be just that. Don''t forget, he has scored in the Prem.

Yeah I get what you''re saying, I would accept him as a target if we can''t get something sorted out before the end of the window, we''ll take him for 6 months and pay his wages and see how he does, but we have 3 weeks to get a prospect in so no need for panic.

Holty first choice and Simeon will feel better about life so I reckon a backup until we get someone in over the next couple of weeks. Sorted.

[quote user="dpit"]We have put a blanket bid in for all of Swansea''s fringe players in the hope that some of their magic will rub off on us. Just as Swansea have become known as the Welsh Barcelona, we will become known as the East Anglian Swansea, whereupon we will have reached the pinnacle of our ambition and will sit back an enjoy the adulation being poured on us by Match of the Day pundits.[/quote]

Would be happy with him as an additional striker, but not if he''s the only one we buy. We''re VERY light up front at the moment (as shown the last few games - one or two strikers out and we''re really struggling). We really need a ''big star'' striker in to be our no.1 choice even ahead of Holt - but we also need a backup/squad player who can hopefully be an upgrade on with Morison and Jackson on the bench. We could do a lot worse than Lita for that role I think.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]So someone with their first post starts a bulls**t rumour, and people actually take it seriously?

We are not interested in Leroy Lita- I have no problem with him as he is an honest enough player, but we are a lot more ambitious than that.

I''d be willing to bet good money on it.[/quote]

You sound more sure than what I am. Are you certain that you aren''t the one making up ''BS'' rumours?...

[quote user="ron obvious"]thenorthstand, I realise we would ideally like a promising - potentially better than Holt - affordable young striker, but that may not be possible.

But we definitely do need another striker; do we really want to play Harry Kane as our main threat again?

So a decent stopgap striker would not come amiss. And I think LL could be just that. Don''t forget, he has scored in the Prem.[/quote]

Ron I agree - remember being impressed with how well he did for us with minimal service or support.  But I''m sure we''d all be disappointed with that sort of signing as it would mean we have failed to sign someone younger with potential.

Your photo doesn''t look like my idea of a "Ron", if you don''t mind me saying.

''Your photo doesn''t look like my idea of a "Ron", if you don''t mind me saying''

Just ''coz I''m in touch with my feminine side (sniff)...

I''d be surprised if we bought him. Also disappointed. He''s no better than what we have, and I don''t think he''s good enough for the prem anymore. Given that Swansea seem to have come to the same conclusion it would be a right lack of ambition from us if we mopped him up

[quote user="forbseyITK"]Now travelling here for a medical as clubs have reached provisional terms. You heard it here first.[/quote]Oh dear, I hope not.