Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Did Butterfield make a good impression on loan??

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Seen him for the third time today. No change of opinion. Weak, ineffective. There''s a good reason Bolton didn''t extend the loan. Hopefully he''ll be shipped out before the end of the month and replaced by someone who can do the job.[/quote]

If we wrote off every player after 3 games Holty wouldn''t be here now...

Can I just point out that Lambert did not sign either Butterfield or Holt.

Butterfield strikes me as being one of those players whil will come good in his second season (or Iwan syndrome as it should be called).

Shuck''s excellent post covers off all the reasons why we should give the kid a chance.

Decent showing by Butterfield when he came on yesterday. Good movement and looked keen to get on the ball. It''s always hard to come back at a new club after such a long injury (Buttterfield was out for much longer than Howson)  and we may not see the best until next season, but he''s definitely got the ability to become a key player.

[quote user="Olly"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Seen him for the third time today. No change of opinion. Weak, ineffective. There''s a good reason Bolton didn''t extend the loan. Hopefully he''ll be shipped out before the end of the month and replaced by someone who can do the job.[/quote] If we wrote off every player after 3 games Holty wouldn''t be here now...[/quote]

I agree about the ridiculous writing off of players Olly. But Holty scored a hat-trick at Yeovil on his second competitive start. I was lucky enough to be there and away hat-tricks are few and far between. We knew we had top player but he went on to surpass ALL expectations.

Palace rumour has gone away. I personally would like to see him play for us. We also have Howson and now Elliott Bennett who could play in that role behind the striker though so it''s more than likely he''ll go out again unless he impressed CH enough to get a game.