Sign in to follow this  
The saint

Ridiculous train situation

As a point of interst according to the National Rail website trains departing Norwich station at 0957 on a Saturday are operated by East Midland Trains not Greater Anglia.

Yet another in a long line of disappointments in this ever changing world....Miss Marple is depending upon a National Rail website rather than input from the village gossip over a cup of hot tea.

This is a worry Yankee. Especially when such information is available to all. How does she get an edge? Is the typewriter now a word processor? Yet Doctor Who still has his trusty Police Box as a Tardis. I can''t keep up.. or not... as ther case may be.

The one thing that never fails to amaze me is the fact there is not a legal limit as to how many people can SAFELY travel on trains. Every other form of transport I know has a legal limit as to how many people they can carry, but not the railways. This to me shows scant regard for the comfort of their paying customers, and with previous experiences in the past I would describe as being downright dangerous.

There are no general refunds being offered...

Contrary to the Evening News report, East Midlands Trains are only offering a refund to people who reserved a particular seat and could not sit in it!

For the rest of us who were crammed just inside the doors and couldn''t even turn around let alone sit down, tough!!

In fairness, if you booked an open ticket and got to your destination, I don''t think it''s overly bad of them not to offer a refund generally. In certain circumstances there may be a case (having seen your other thread), but again only if this was brought to the attention of the company upon buying the tickets.

If you reserved a seat especially and couldn''t get on it, however, then you do deserve a refund.