Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

James Nursey Striker Update

In response to my reply about strikers we would like us to sign, he tweeted me.

"Hughton got bid in for a French African striker about 6ft 2in, tall & quick & circa age 28 but sadly not got his name!"

Fits the Jacob Mulenga bill with that information.

If this turns good, then it must be the first time I''ve called a transfer prediction correctly.

I think I might owe my Dutch contact a drink the next time I see him. (Its not even common gossip in Holland, by the way)

By the by, he also told me something about Maxime Lestienne from Club Brugge.

A 21-year-old Belgian two-footed winger- but, generally plays on the left-wing. Plenty of pace, creative, good cross and an eye for goal. He''s been on excellent form this season, but Brugge aren''t doing that well really.

However, I don''t think this one is very likely. Interesting, though.

MC - would love competition for Pilks. I rate Pilks, but he isn''t as consistent as Snoddy appears to be right now and I don''t notice him busting up and down as much in every game. Would be good for him to have some competition and also gives another option with Surs being injured and not being a proper winger. Did your contact link Lestienne to us or just mention him in conversation?

MC - would love competition for Pilks. I rate Pilks, but he isn''t as consistent as Snoddy appears to be right now and I don''t notice him busting up and down as much in every game. Would be good for him to have some competition and also gives another option with Surs being injured and not being a proper winger. Did your contact link Lestienne to us or just mention him in conversation? BTW

[quote user="York Canary"]MC - would love competition for Pilks. I rate Pilks, but he isn''t as consistent as Snoddy appears to be right now and I don''t notice him busting up and down as much in every game. Would be good for him to have some competition and also gives another option with Surs being injured and not being a proper winger. Did your contact link Lestienne to us or just mention him in conversation? BTW[/quote]

dunno what happened there, but meant to say he''s only 20 - not 21 until June!

YK: Agreed about Pilks. Competition would only be a good thing for him. I do highly rate Surman, but- as you say- he isn''t a proper winger and could (conceivably) be considered more direct competition for Hoolahan. Just a thought, as he certainly has the technical ability and vision, if not quite the Hoolahan magic... who has?.

Lestienne was mentioned in connection with us, but my friend wasn''t very confident about it and nor am I. Don''t get me wrong, I''m sure he''d be tempted by a move to Norwich, but I just think he''d prefer to stay at Brugge.

YK/YC all the same matey.

As for Lestienne..I''d love it to happen, but doubt it as well. Was linked with Everton and PSV not long ago apparently, but if they''re not doing very well then you never know..the financial gain that can be had here is much bigger and many other Belgian players are coming over now too so he may be tempted. I wouldn''t rule it out, especially with Chester and his staff apparently scouring Europe for talent.

I agree about Surs too..he''s a bit of a weird one. I used to think of him as an attacking mid when he was at Southampton and could see him in Wesley''s role too..however, I don''t know if he''s tenacious enough (right word?) for that role or as gifted at keeping the ball and making things happen. He''s never really played there though so I don''t know..he may actually be half-decent in that position tbh and he constantly ran the longest distances last season of most of our team when he played. We also have Howson and Butterfield for that role though..either way we could do with another proper winger imo. Or even put Benno on that side sometimes for his pace and energy - bring him on earlier perhaps and replace Pilks

Seeing as I don''t think I''ll be sleeping tonight, I''d like to add Thomas Drage''s name to the conversation.

No links in press, internet/twitter rumour or ''contacts'', just a player I like and who I think can add a lot of quality to our team. He can play either wing, as well as as a central-midfielder or behind the striker/s in the Hoolahan role. He is VERY quick! As a 20-year-old Norway international for Tromso, he knows Tettey and really wouldn''t cost much.

A good character and level headed by all accounts as well.

I''m all about the pace and Norwegian link..maybe Tettey can have a word with CH? Need Tettey on Twitter so we can give him little nudges lol

Could even be Bafetimbi Gomis who also matches up to those characteristics in that he''s French-Senagalese, tall, quick and around the 28 mark.

Now that would be some coup!

and is Mulenga really French African and not just solely Zambian?

...which is infact an English speaking country

Not sure about Mulenga, but seen that he was linked to us on footballrumours so this is actually most likely a big steaming pile of BS. Same place we''ve been linked to Hosiner, Nakhi Wells,Benjamin Sulimani, Lestienne and god knows who else.

Don''t know about French African either.

As for Gomis...I wish!! lol. If only for his first name!

Looking at it again another possibility could also be Dieumerci Mbokani a slightly more realistic signing than Gomis TBH and thinking about it he does have a confusing enough name that it could have slipped

Mr.Nursey''s mind

it could be any of them,  just for comedy factor the delightfully named Ricky Van Wolfswinkel could be an option - and a mine of new songs for our lyrcists

Chamakh is an odd one,   needs to revitalise his career and has not overly impressed but has a decent enough strike rate (8 goals from 19 starts in prem for arsenal, 14 in 36 in all competitions overall)   The low number of starts shows he has struggled in comparison to their other strikers but could be one to come alive at another club?   not sure he adds pace though.

Other than that its a question of wait and see!

If you dig a bit deeper into who sent the tweets to who, it seems that they guy who started the rumour (@Lutherrightfoot) says its ''hearsay'' and he got it ''off Jacobs cousin''.

Isnt that similar to most rumours started on here?

Yes, the fact that Zambia isn''t French Africa occurred to me late last night as well.

So... maybe, maybe not. Nursey could be assuming that he''s French African? Or, my dutch friend was wrong?

well with these rumours coming together with teh vill and now hull ones for Moro it looks like we may have a new striking face.

if we lose moro I would hope to be bringing 2 strikers so we have better options.     Will there be any interest in Jackson?

Not really bothered what their name is but hopefully the team that brought us Tetty, Bassong and Garrido are going to bring us a new diamond from the continent.

Thinking about it, Zambia has a big diamond mining industry.

Jacob Mulenga will most likely go to the Africa Cup of Nations next year as Zambia have qualified, and as they won it last time will probably be there to the later stages. On the other hand, Zambia wear yellow shirts and socks and green shorts. Perhaps somethings are meant to be!