Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

People who stood in Norwich seats at Peterborough

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A start may be to have targetted cctv cameras in the stands operated by an agreed third party [/quote]

Would this be in addition to the CCTV systems that football clubs already have which are operated by club staff and or Police officers ? The third party operatives that you suggest would be agreed by who exactly ?

If your ''targetted cctv cameras'' are to be an entirely seperate system who foots the bill for it''s installation Bly ?

Blimey that is 3 questions in one post so as you ignored the previous one earlier on this thread about who sues who i shall not hold my breath in my quest for answers.

Quite the contrary. Tanked-up embarrassing wurzells were to blame. The choice bunch behind me spent most of the game with their backs to the pitch looking at their phones. Hardly a crime but when it transpired they didn''t have a clue who most of our players were I felt rather sorry for the genuine supporters who missed out on tickets.

I just dont know what all the fuss is about, every away match everyone stands. This includes young and old, this is the same with all premiership sides with a half decent travelling fan base. As for all the young lads enjoying themselves and being a little over the top---these are NCFC future adult season ticket holders.

I suspect most of the whingers are not used to being in the away end.

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Serious question but have the people who are complaining ever been to an away game in their lives? I have yet to go to a single one where we have not stood for the entire 90 minutes.[/quote]
So I take it you didn''t sit in the first 10-15 rows or so at Fulham on the opening day. That was a constant sit down, stand up situation. The stewards worked from the bottom upwards and I remember constantly being able to sit down once the rows in front of me did. I also remember three pr!cks who refused to sit down hurling abuse at the fans behind them and refusing to sit down. I am sure it would of come to blows, as the three turned on our own fans, if it hadn''t of been for the Fulham stewards.
I personally prefer to stand but as I am polite and courteous I will happily sit if those in front of me do.
Davo
[/quote]No I didn''t. I''ve been twice - once (funnily enough) on the terraces and secondly last season in the neutral end when even Japanese tourists were standing up.Still very surprised at the comments on here; I still maintain that I wanted terrace tickets but ended up having to buy seating tickets. Got into the ground to find that about 95% of everyone was standing so just found my seat and stood up too. People banging around words like ''c*nts'' (how do you know we have a disproportionate number of disrespectful fans?! On what quantifiable scale are you even judging this?), ''tw*ts'' and ''r*tards'' whilst simultaneously bleating on about disrespect and being rude need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror

those who want to sit at away matches are clearly in the minority so stop being so entitled and whinging and go suck on some werthers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A start may be to have targetted cctv cameras in the stands operated by an agreed third party [/quote]

Would this be in addition to the CCTV systems that football clubs already have which are operated by club staff and or Police officers ? The third party operatives that you suggest would be agreed by who exactly ?

If your ''targetted cctv cameras'' are to be an entirely seperate system who foots the bill for it''s installation Bly ?

Blimey that is 3 questions in one post so as you ignored the previous one earlier on this thread about who sues who i shall not hold my breath in my quest for answers.

[/quote]

It seems as if you''re happily heading in the direction of  the ''why it can''t be done camp'' rather than the ''how it can be done camp''.

You may also find it instructive to read all my posts on the thread rather than some. That''s how defence counsel win all the time. Investigators not covering all the bases. [;)]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well your experience is different to mine Webbo. But at the end of the day if you are standing in a seated area you are in the wrong. Regardless of what you may or may not have asked for. So it''s in the interests of those who want to stand to try and look after those who don''t.

[/quote]

So are you saying then that with everyone else standing, I should sit?

[/quote]

LOL!

Who am I to say what you should do Webbo. I''m just saying that if you want to stand in a seated area you are the one in the wrong so it would be in your interests to try and look after those who want to sit. Disregarding the needs of others by doing something that''s against stadium regulations can ultimately only go one way.

Webbo getting a football ASBO???? Never say never[:O]

I think you have totally misunderstood what I am saying. I bought a seat by choice because I wanted to sit. But more than that, I wanted to see the match so I was forced to stand. I had no desire to stand. IT WAS NOT MY WISH. Now if I was in the wrong by standing because I wanted to see the game and that was the only way to do so because everyone else was standing, I am guilty as charged. I imagine that your worthiness, finding yourself in the same situation, would have sat for 90 minutes and not seen a thing except the backside of the person in front of you. Your choice but it would never be mine.

[/quote]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well your experience is different to mine Webbo. But at the end of the day if you are standing in a seated area you are in the wrong. Regardless of what you may or may not have asked for. So it''s in the interests of those who want to stand to try and look after those who don''t.

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

Who am I to say what you should do Webbo. I''m just saying that if you want to stand in a seated area you are the one in the wrong so it would be in your interests to try and look after those who want to sit. Disregarding the needs of others by doing something that''s against stadium regulations can ultimately only go one way.

I think you have totally misunderstood what I am saying. I bought a seat by choice because I wanted to sit. But more than that, I wanted to see the match so I was forced to stand. I had no desire to stand. IT WAS NOT MY WISH. Now if I was in the wrong by standing because I wanted to see the game and that was the only way to do so because everyone else was standing, I am guilty as charged. I imagine that your worthiness, finding yourself in the same situation, would have sat for 90 minutes and not seen a thing except the backside of the person in front of you. Your choice but it would never be mine.

[/quote][/quote]

I rather suspected this was the case Webbo. So basically we''re singing off the same hymn sheet and it''s unlikely, but not impossible, that you''d get an ASBO. Here''s your get out clause : -

If there was a young child or an old werthers sucker behind you would you stand there happy in the knowledge that it wasn''t your fault all they could see was the back of your crombie? Or would you attempt to do something about such a ridiculous state of affairs?

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Something really needs to be done about fans standing in seated areas. When I pay for a seat I expect to be able to see the game in comfort and yes be able to stand at moments of excitement. It has already been said that those who went to Peterborough had the option to stand so those standing in the seated area should have been given one warning and then ejected if they continued to stand. The stewards were told several times but only acted belatedly and to little effect.

A recent survey of standing at clubs showed that we were one of the worst culprits so perhaps we need to enforce seating at Carrow Rd as a starting point. Sunderland now tape up seats and cancel season tickets. Nothing will be done until the stewards start ejecting persistent offenders.

[/quote]

I believe you may well have been the gent sitting (sorry standing) next to me. If you weren''t, I apologise. We were standing for all the game so do you think we should have been ejected? We were standing because that was the only way to see anything. As I said before, the stewards should have got people sitting down from the front first and then worked backwards. Is anyone likely to sit down if the 20 rows in front are all standing up?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

I rather suspected this was the case Webbo. So basically we''re singing off the same hymn sheet and it''s unlikely, but not impossible, that you''d get an ASBO. Here''s your get out clause : -

If there was a young child or an old werthers sucker behind you would you stand there happy in the knowledge that it wasn''t your fault all they could see was the back of your crombie? Or would you attempt to do something about such a ridiculous state of affairs?

[/quote]

You mean like toddle off to trading standards on Monday morning with ticket stub in hand and camera phone in pocket to lay an evidence based complaint against the home club under the Fair Trade Act or whatever it''s correct name is?

OTBC

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Quite the contrary. Tanked-up embarrassing wurzells were to blame. The choice bunch behind me spent most of the game with their backs to the pitch looking at their phones. Hardly a crime but when it transpired they didn''t have a clue who most of our players were I felt rather sorry for the genuine supporters who missed out on tickets.[/quote]

If they spent "most of the game with their backs to the pitch looking at their phones", you must have spent most of the game with your back to the pitch looking at them looking at their phones otherwise you wouldn''t have known this.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t need a get out clause. 1) I am an old werthers sucker. 2) There was a young child behind me who happily stood on his seat and got a better view than me. Now here''s your chance to really shine because I know you are dying to. What would you attempt to do yourself about such a ridiculous state of affairs?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

It seems as if you''re happily heading in the direction of  the ''why it can''t be done camp'' rather than the ''how it can be done camp''.

You may also find it instructive to read all my posts on the thread rather than some. That''s how defence counsel win all the time. Investigators not covering all the bases. [;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Surely my questions were from the "how it can be done" direction by raising points with regard to finance and operatives but hey ho past experiences should tell me you do not answer direct questions put to you Bly.Your last sentence displays your motives so as they say leopards and spots and all that.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Quite the contrary. Tanked-up embarrassing wurzells were to blame. The choice bunch behind me spent most of the game with their backs to the pitch looking at their phones. Hardly a crime but when it transpired they didn''t have a clue who most of our players were I felt rather sorry for the genuine supporters who missed out on tickets.[/quote]

If they spent "most of the game with their backs to the pitch looking at their phones", you must have spent most of the game with your back to the pitch looking at them looking at their phones otherwise you wouldn''t have known this.

[/quote]

Don''t you know that he carries a mirror?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

You mean like toddle off to trading standards on Monday morning with ticket stub in hand and camera phone in pocket to lay an evidence based complaint against the home club under the Fair Trade Act or whatever it''s correct name is?

OTBC

[/quote]

Well I suppose that''s one way but that would hardly help the situation at the game and the poor old werthers sucker probably wouldn''t last till the next time we went to London Road if they offered him a free ticket. But what about explaining the situation to a steward and put the ball firmly in his court?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Don''t you know that he carries a mirror?

OTBC

[/quote]

So if he spends most of his time looking in the mirror (for whatever reason) he isn''t watching the match (always assuming that he was actually there which we all know, of course, he wasn''t)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Well I suppose that''s one way but that would hardly help the situation at the game and the poor old werthers sucker probably wouldn''t last till the next time we went to London Road if they offered him a free ticket. But what about explaining the situation to a steward and put the ball firmly in his court?

[/quote]

I do hope that this was a rather poor attempt at a whimsical comment and not meant to be serious, otherwise there really is not much more to say.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t need a get out clause. 1) I am an old werthers sucker. 2) There was a young child behind me who happily stood on his seat and got a better view than me. Now here''s your chance to really shine because I know you are dying to. What would you attempt to do yourself about such a ridiculous state of affairs?

[/quote]

Well from one old werthers sucker to another I have no wish to shine. But I don''t think whingeing on here will solve anything. From a selfish point of view none of this will ever bother me personally but other selfish acts at Carrow Road do. But I''ll lay odds you will see this situation change sooner rather than later. Despite the claims of being 90% of our away support the selfish people on this thread are probably in the minority of our away support. In fact as someone who has been going away on and off for 40 years I know they''re the minority. You''re in the majority Webbo. But even if they were in a majority of 90% they would still be breaking stadium regulations. And wherever you break the rules you end up having to change or face the consequences. It''s happening elsewhere and it''s going to happen with us.

I was deadly serious Webbo. And at Southampton two fans came down to sit with me at the front because they couldn''t stand so the stewards sorted it. If you don''t put the ball in the stewards court how can they help you? I doubt they read this board the next day...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well from one old werthers sucker to another I have no wish to shine. But I don''t think whingeing on here will solve anything. From a selfish point of view none of this will ever bother me personally but other selfish acts at Carrow Road do. But I''ll lay odds you will see this situation change sooner rather than later. Despite the claims of being 90% of our away support the selfish people on this thread are probably in the minority of our away support. In fact as someone who has been going away on and off for 40 years I know they''re the minority. You''re in the majority Webbo. But even if they were in a majority of 90% they would still be breaking stadium regulations. And wherever you break the rules you end up having to change or face the consequences. It''s happening elsewhere and it''s going to happen with us.

[/quote]

Who''s whingeing? I''m certainly not as it doesn''t really bother me too much. What does niggle is being called selfish because I stood. I have been going away on and off for 50 years and in the good old days always stood. More recently and quite naturally, I have been happy to sit. The one overriding requirement for me, however, is to see the game. I don''t see much point in spending your hard-earned if that can''t be achieved. May as well stay at home and listen to the radio like Mungo Bumpkin.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was deadly serious Webbo. And at Southampton two fans came down to sit with me at the front because they couldn''t stand so the stewards sorted it. If you don''t put the ball in the stewards court how can they help you? I doubt they read this board the next day...

[/quote]

The stewards were attempting to get people to sit down but doing so in the most illogical way, i.e. by asking those in the middle and at the back first. I suggested to one of them that they should start at the front. Result? Blank look. I may well have been speaking a foreign language!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Forgot to say, I don''t need help. If I am forced to stand by circumstances, so be it. This may be my selfish side coming out but I really don''t care.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The stewards were attempting to get people to sit down but doing so in the most illogical way, i.e. by asking those in the middle and at the back first. I suggested to one of them that they should start at the front. Result? Blank look. I may well have been speaking a foreign language!

[/quote]

But if they can''t get people to sit down then those that can''t stand should insist on being moved. I get that it was maybe just an inconvenience in your case Webbo, and the youngster behind you could stand on his seat, but in other cases werthers suckers can''t see the game. There are different calibre of stewards at different grounds but I''ve always found them helpful if you explain the situation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But if they can''t get people to sit down then those that can''t stand should insist on being moved. I get that it was maybe just an inconvenience in your case Webbo, and the youngster behind you could stand on his seat, but in other cases werthers suckers can''t see the game. There are different calibre of stewards at different grounds but I''ve always found them helpful if you explain the situation.

[/quote]

I''ve always believed in looking after yourself. As I said before, I wasn''t bothered at all. If a steward, however, asks me to sit down whilst everyone in the 20 rows in front of me is standing up, what do you think my answer will be?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Chunky buddy or any of you other stand outs... Do you stand at home games?

[/quote]

In the Barclay: yes
Anywhere else: no
[/quote]

Thanks Chunky. People will accuse me of monopolising this thread soon but this stuff does genuinely interest me. For many years my seat was Lower Barclay E Block Row W, my family still sit/stand there but I no longer can. People in those seats know they will never sit and they also know they are not inconveniencing anyone else. People in other areas, the vast majority of people, stay seated so not to obstruct anyone''s view. Just as you have said. So why don''t people have the same concern for others away from home?

All you sitters are right, standing in sitting areas is not allowed and should be stopped on matchdays...But lets face it, it wont. Everyone stands at away matches because it creates a greater atmosphere. I was in the terraces on Saturday, but at WH Lane last year I had a bloke and his kid sitting behind me asking me and my mates to sit down. I offered to swap seats with him and he refused. He insisted on me sitting but I refused because everyone else was standing. Similar thing happened at Fulham but the bloke was more coherant. Although I prefer standing (I have a ST in the L Barclay so I stand at home games too), I agree it shouldn''t be allowed, but nothing''s ever gonna get done about it.