Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Jed Steer

Is anyone else concerned that jed has joined Cambridge? Now don''t get me wrong I''m all for him going out on loan and playing as many games as possible but surely he''s at a higher level than the blue square league? If he''s as good as we all hope he is surely someone in the football league would have took him?

We should have me made him available sooner and possibly he could have found a club higher in the league structure most clubs will have completed their keeper requirements.  But Jed has only very limited experience and there are more with greater experience that could be available making Jed at a disadvantage to others.  Provided he plays for Camb Utd consistently the experience will only help his development more likely to be tested at that level than sitting on bench in Div 1 or 2. 

Disappointed it was as far down the league as that.  He was in goal on saturday and kept a clean sheet, but it sounds like he wan''t over-worked, so if the aim was to put him in a side where he would see plenty of action, that hasn''t worked out yet either. 

On another note, what has happened to Tom Adeyemi - he wasn''t in Brentford''s starting 18 on Saturday?

It''s only a month and it has the advantage of being fairly local. He will he therefore retain the value of being coached at Colney as a result.

Not ideal, but no bones broken.