Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Zlatan and applauding the opposition

Following on from a discussion on this topic we had last season if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. No right or wrong answers I''m just curious. I definitely would have.

Never. Supporting your team is all about blinkered single mindedness. God forbid that any of our fans should stoop to showing appreciation of brilliance. Happy Clappies are weak, lily livered Binners who eat prawn sandwiches for breakfast and had probably never heard of Norwich before August 2011.

You won''t see plenty you mug.

Come on the pinkun and you''ll see plenty of tools having a go at large sections of Norwich fans.

And back on topic, yes of course, that was a fantastic goal. Sometimes you just have to show some appreciation for something the other team have done if its that special.

It looked like a copy of the goal Holt scored last season away at Chelsea. Obviously Zlatan has been studying Grants performances last season, I expect a deft turn & toe poke into the net similar to Everton away will be next on Zlatans wish list.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Following on from a discussion on this topic we had last season if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. No right or wrong answers I''m just curious. I definitely would have.
[/quote]

In a friendly interntional? Probably.

In a game aginst Norwich? NO. Well possibly if it was a consolation goal in a game we''d won easily or a pre-season friendly I may give a grudging ripple.

Say we needed a win to stay up and he scored that goal in the 95th minute to equalise against us would you still applaud Shack?

There a nice grey cushioned seat prime position in the neutral area with your name on it buddy[;)]

Seen him play at Carrow Road.... for Ajax in a pre season friendly about 10 years ago....he wandered around all game wishing he was somewhere else, then in the last 5 minutes pulled off some magic to score....

I think that great sporting behaviour and skill should be appauded. If you see the Jerry Goss goal he scored against Leeds, you''ll see most of the Leeds fans appauding it. I beleive if you''re a true football fan, you''ll inadvertantly applaud good football, regardless of team.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You won''t see plenty you mug. Come on the pinkun and you''ll see plenty of tools having a go at large sections of Norwich fans. And back on topic, yes of course, that was a fantastic goal. Sometimes you just have to show some appreciation for something the other team have done if its that special.[/quote]

Your to young to remember, when all the plastic fans got in the home areas, but like Mungo said about applauding Stevie G, Should never happen!!

Oh and by the way, i knew your a secret Wannabeee Laaaaannndddooooonn Gangstar you..............Mug!! Ha Ha Is that what they teach you at School!!

[quote user="K Lo"]I think that great sporting behaviour and skill should be appauded. If you see the Jerry Goss goal he scored against Leeds, you''ll see most of the Leeds fans appauding it. I beleive if you''re a true football fan, you''ll inadvertantly applaud good football, regardless of team.
[/quote]

True fan card played again[|-)]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You won''t see plenty you mug. Come on the pinkun and you''ll see plenty of tools having a go at large sections of Norwich fans. And back on topic, yes of course, that was a fantastic goal. Sometimes you just have to show some appreciation for something the other team have done if its that special.[/quote]

Your to young to remember, when all the plastic fans got in the home areas, but like Mungo said about applauding Stevie G, Should never happen!!

Oh and by the way, i knew your a secret Wannabeee Laaaaannndddooooonn Gangstar you..............Mug!! Ha Ha Is that what they teach you at School!!

[/quote]

Overhead kicks from any distance are a shot in the dark, and luck would have it, the ball fell in the net, Had Hart been awake he could have got hold of it, but  in all a goal is a goal   

[quote user="Shack Attack"]if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. [/quote]I would NEVER applaud a goal scored against Norwich City, let alone STAND UP and applaud it. Imagine how the players would feel if the whole ground stood up and applauded the other team after they''d just gone a goal down! Whatever next....goal music? [8o|]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shack Attack"]if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. [/quote]I would NEVER applaud a goal scored against Norwich City, let alone STAND UP and applaud it. Imagine how the players would feel if the whole ground stood up and applauded the other team after they''d just gone a goal down! Whatever next....goal music? [8o|][/quote]I''m not sure whether you''re being serious or not here but I think the idea that our players are likely to suffer an existential crisis should their supporters applaud a one off moment of genius is a little wide of the mark. I think you might be surprised just how little the players care what we think and suspect that they might realise that something special had occurred should their own fans be applauding an act from the opposition. Maybe they might even be inspired by such brilliance?[quote user="pete_norw"]

Overhead kicks from any distance are a shot in the dark, and luck would have it, the ball fell in the net.

[/quote]If Ibrahimovic had just scored that goal last night in isolation I might agree but he has a history of scoring goals from seemingly impossible positions which you just don''t see from other players. That is the mark of something special rather than ''luck'' as far as I am concerned. Go down to the park on a Sunday afternoon and you will occasionally see some hairy arsed chance wallop one in from thirty yards just like a pro but you won''t ever see a goal like the one he scored last night.

When Parkin scored against us in the 1-1 home draw against Cardiff in early 2011, I did a couple of small claps, said great goal and was immediately reprimanded by my daughter, then twelve years old for being nice about the opposition. She wasn’t impressed at all with me.

Firstly, I would look back at the previous half an hours play, to try and recall wether we could have prevented  anything in ,the lead up play to the goal,  then I would keep  my stonewall face on, and , with my thoughts to myself, mentally applaud it. 

If Zlatan had scored it against us yes.... he''s by far my favourite footballer that''s not associated with Norwich.

Get''s written off by fans over here as being over-rated but he''s one of the most naturally gifted footballer''s i''ve seen. When he wants it (and thats the key point) he''s absolutely unplayable.

Last season was the first time in about 9 seasons he''s not won his domestic league but not that aside from his year at Barca he''s been the reason his side has won the league, I remember at Inter he''d been injured and it was a final day decider between Inter away at Parma & Roma. At half time Inter were losing and Roma Champs. Ibracadabra comes on, scores twice, Inter win the title.

His Champions League record goes against him, especially as the following season after his departure Inter & Barca won it. However at Milan & Inter in particular their tactic was "give it to Ibra" you can''t win the CL like that.

Have a look at his goals on youtube, one for Ajax against NEC is arguably better than last nights effort.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Following on from a discussion on this topic we had last season if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. No right or wrong answers I''m just curious. I definitely would have.[/quote]He wouldn''t have scored that goal at Carrow Road, Ruddy wouldn''t have been caught out of his area like Hart was.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Following on from a discussion on this topic we had last season if Zlatan Ibrahimovic had have scored his fourth goal last night at Carrow Road would you have stood and applauded him. No right or wrong answers I''m just curious. I definitely would have.
[/quote]

He wouldn''t have scored that goal at Carrow Road, Ruddy wouldn''t have been caught out of his area like Hart was.

[/quote]

What Harry said. [Y]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I would NEVER applaud an opposition goal (let alone a Stevie G substitution) and certainly not by a gnob like Ibrahimovic.[/quote]

What''s a gnob? Is it what you are ?

I would applaud that, whatever the circumstances. Incredible goal.

The appreciation of the angle, the weight on the ball and the overall execution of it was just a thing of beauty.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[/quote]

I''m too young to remember last season?

Norwich don''t have plastic fans, are you mentally ill?

I started going to Norwich games in 2000, attendance''s were a lot lower than they are now, but they picked up before and after we were in the Prem 04/05.

And no i''m not a wanabe London gangster, that would be silly. And I don''t go to school you d!ck.