Sign in to follow this  
Martin Bryant

Good Norwich Pubs

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I think it''s great to see fans who don''t make it to games very often really making a special effort to get to games like Man Utd. Have a great day Martin and I hope you find plenty of great pubs around Carrow Road stadium! Yellow Army![/quote]

My thoughts too, its no different to a wet cold November night playing Oxford Utd!!

zemas tendon, you are even thicker than Mungo. The OP is going to the WIGAN GAME not the Man,U game, for goodness sake. If you''re going to be pathetic and have a go at fans who can''t afford to go to every game then at least get your facts straight.

haha thanks for all the pub ideas! cant wait now! and yep- sadly being down in Tunbridge Wells and working 3 out of every 5 weekends that doesnt leave much opportunity to travel up to Norwich... hence usually once or twice a season :-) ... always have a great time though!

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]hahah thanks - i should have said we are coming up for Norwich Wigan 15th December- is becoming a yearly thing- up from Tunbridge Wells for a winter game where I can easily get 7 or 8 tickets.. saw Bolton back in Feb :)

Im gonna google earth all them pubs! thanks for the tips... can picture a nice pub crawl ending up in the whisky place and regretting it in the morning!![/quote]Never knew about the Wigan plastics.............[:D]

I''m not sure the guy on the bridge will have any Norwich-Wigan halfy-half scarves - I hope that doesn''t spoil the big occasion. He might have some Norwich-Arsenal ones left if you feel like impersonating a cockernee plastic. It would also keep you nice and warm on a cold winter''s day and you could also use it in an mergency if you wet yourself when caught up in the excitement of the moment after all that beer.

Mungo

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]hahah thanks - i should have said we are coming up for Norwich Wigan 15th December- is becoming a yearly thing- up from Tunbridge Wells for a winter game where I can easily get 7 or 8 tickets.. saw Bolton back in Feb :) Im gonna google earth all them pubs! thanks for the tips... can picture a nice pub crawl ending up in the whisky place and regretting it in the morning!![/quote]

"What you can''t remember, you can''t regret!" (Quote - one of mine)

[/quote]

Just make sure you visit the riverside at some point before the match, Witherspoons Atmosphere is electric, thats coming from a 25yr old trapped in this 60yr old body.,unfortunatly i''m the one who has to do the driving to and from

ill just add ive been a norwich fan since i was 15 (now 32) just to extinguish/add fire to the plastic fan stuff... but i am tempted to wear a norwich shirt made out of plastic now...

anyone know if huckerby will be starting against wigan?

Definitely, he''s just been given a new 15 year contract by the club which will hopefully keep him here until he''s 60. It''s likely he''ll partner Iwan Roberts and Dion Dublin up front

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]ill just add ive been a norwich fan since i was 15 (now 32) just to extinguish/add fire to the plastic fan stuff... but i am tempted to wear a norwich shirt made out of plastic now...

anyone know if huckerby will be starting against wigan?[/quote]SDP..........This needs to be moved to the S & M Section  [;)]

[quote user="Howson is now"]

About halfway down St. Benedicts is another great little pub called The Plough. It''s pretty small though but has a great beer garden so is more of a summer pub but worth popping in

[/quote]

Not forgetting the best thing about The Plough?

Grain brewery beers!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Other decent pubs you might like to try are the Doghouse (just down the road from Delaney''s), and I also recommend the Woolpack on Golden Ball Street (close to the Castle Mall) too, it''s one of my favourite pubs and does decent food if you so desire.[/quote]Ah, the Doghouse. Does the best breakfast in Norwich so I was told by a member of TFM.Walked halfway across the City to find out it didn''t open til 12! (was a lunchtime kick-off, against Coventry - glamorous enough for you Mongo?)

[quote user="aLeedscanary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Other decent pubs you might like to try are the Doghouse (just down the road from Delaney''s), and I also recommend the Woolpack on Golden Ball Street (close to the Castle Mall) too, it''s one of my favourite pubs and does decent food if you so desire.
[/quote]

Ah, the Doghouse. Does the best breakfast in Norwich so I was told by a member of TFM.

Walked halfway across the City to find out it didn''t open til 12! (was a lunchtime kick-off, against Coventry - glamorous enough for you Mongo?)
[/quote]

They do food Kev but unfortunately not that dirty northern habit of yours of gravy on chips.[;)]