Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Can we

actually win the game on sat evening against Man Utd!! Would love to see a Holt 98th minute winner, when the time added on board says 3 minutes injury time left!

If I''m being honest, I am not very optimist about our chances. But we do normally play well against Man United so who knows. I generally have a bad feeling about every game though lol.

Of course we can win, unless there''s some new rule added i''m not familiar with that says teams must lose to Man Utd.

Isn''t there a rule that they have to have a penalty and the opposition isn''t allowed one?????

We could win but I''d be very happy with a draw...

We can win

We might draw

Will we probably lose.

What we must do is compete and perform.

COYY!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

We can win

We might draw

Will we probably lose.

COYY!

[/quote]That sums it up well imo

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

We can win

We might draw

Will we probably lose.

COYY!

[/quote]

Very succinct - and echos my opinion! Whatever happens, it''s the best home game of the season for me...

With a fair and unbiased ref, we canot still not beat Manure, with a ref who is afraid of what Sir Alex may say, no chance at all.

I guess it all depends on how negative we are ... If we sit back and constantly give possession away will prob lose by 1 or 2 !!! I do like the fact were hard to break down just worry about the lack of chances we created against reading !! Saying that will prob win 4 .0 lol

[quote user="paul moy"]If Howard Webb is the ref then we have no chance. At least Clattenburg is out of action.[/quote]

Anthony Taylor - born and bred in Manchester !

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]The ref is George Courtney, it''s on the FA site.[/quote]

Along with Pat Partridge, a great ref from County Durham, and a lovely bloke. But at 71 not likely to be reffing tomorrow. Thanks for the wind up though; brought back some good memories.

Not one for the the young''uns. You have to be of a certain vintage to remember George Courtney.

A very minor claim to fame - I''ve played in a match refereed by George!!!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Not one for the the young''uns. You have to be of a certain vintage to remember George Courtney.

A very minor claim to fame - I''ve played in a match refereed by George!!!

[/quote]

Can''t ''match'' that Mungo, but I remember him as a well loved local head teacher during my wilderness years in the north east.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="paul moy"]If Howard Webb is the ref then we have no chance. At least Clattenburg is out of action.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good spot - hopefully he''s a Citeh fan and hates Manure....

Norwich City v Manchester United (5.30pm)
Referee: A Taylor
Assistants: R West, P Bankes
Fourth Official: N Swarbrick

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Good spot - hopefully he''s a Citeh fan and hates Manure....

Norwich City v Manchester United (5.30pm)
Referee: A Taylor
Assistants: R West, P Bankes
Fourth Official: N Swarbrick

[/quote]

He won''t be a Citeh fan as he is not allowed to referee arch rivals, just as an Ipswich fan could not ref a Norwich game.

There was a thread about him earlier in the week, he supports someone rubbish/lower league from the area like Rochdale. Or maybe someone even lower...

[quote user="beardface69"]I guess it all depends on how negative we are ... If we sit back and constantly give possession away will prob lose by 1 or 2 !!! I do like the fact were hard to break down just worry about the lack of chances we created against reading !! Saying that will prob win 4 .0 lol[/quote]

Maybe our secret weapon is Trapattoni!

After his "motivational" talk in the Irish Herald

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/rigid-trap-rules-out-a-start-for-hoolahan-in-spring-world-cup-qualifiers-3295755.html

Maybe that will so insense Wes as to incentivise him to help himself to a hatful of goals!

Maybe Billy Sark will be another secret weapon for keeping Steven Whittaker on for the full 90 minutes after having only recently come back after a long term injury - knowing we have an injury to Russell Martin, maybe Sark felt he was "doing his bit" for fellow Scot SAF? Maybe that will further stiffen the resolve of our defence unit?

Maybe Woy Hodgson ("I saw nothing wrong with the Tamas elbow to the face of James Vaughan" - even though Tamas admitted that he was wrong and was subsequently banned for 3 games having been found guilty of violent play) with his insistence of sticking with Joe Hart in a friendly and therefore not even giving John Ruddy (or FF) a run out, will motivate JR to play out of his skin, to show Woy what could have been in Sweden?

Maybe the whole squad will be motivated by the perceived disregard, disdain and disrespect being shown to our players by the Ireland, Scotland and England managers?

Maybe, just maybe, we can draw inspiration from the players of yesteryear who played with impunity against Utd.

So, armed with the above, I would like to see the lads really turn it on against Utd - with solid victory and clean sheet being the dream outcome.

As a post script to this, despite all of the above, even if we were to turn Utd over with a resounding result, rest assured that the combined intellectual might of the BBC pundits would instantly put it down to "Utd not turning up for the game"!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]There was a thread about him earlier in the week, he supports someone rubbish/lower league from the area like Rochdale. Or maybe someone even lower...[/quote]

Apparently he supports "Who are they? Exactly!". I still think that it is very wrong that he is allowed to referee either of the Manchester teams.