Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

Robbie Keane

Robbie Return to England?

Robbie Keane could be on his way back to the Premier League –

that’s if Norwich City boss Chris Hughton has his way. The Irish Daily

Star reports this morning that Norwich will attempt to bring the Ireland

captain to Carrow Road during the MLS close season.

Keane spent a spell at Aston Villa earlier this year, he’s hoping

to help LA Galaxy to the MLS Western Conference title this weekend –

they take a 3-0 lead into the return leg of the final. Robbie worked

with Hughton during his time with Tottenham.

It’s claimed elsewhere that another Ireland player could be leaving

Norwich. Wes Hoolahan wants a move away according to the Irish Sun. The

Dub isn’t happy that Norwich haven’t offered him a new contract despite

being a regular first team starter. The 30 year old’s current deal

expires in 18 months.Some people over here reckon this story has some legs unlike Robbie himself.

Would be amazing, just can''t see it happening!

As for Wes, he''s getting on in age so I''m guessing there might be conflicts over how many years his next contract would be. He still has 18 months, that''s over a year!

Keane made his debut against us-who remembers? 17 years old, two goals for Wolves on an opening day.

Would love him here, he might not have the legs but he''s got the know who and would get a few goals.

Concerned re.Wes, guess that 3 years and increase for Holty whose a similar age has set some precedents! Guess also that with Snodgrass and Butterfield able to play in his role we may yet see Wes drift away come January?

I''ll take both of the players in that picture please. As for Wes, get it sorted. Can''t he talk to other teams in 6mths or am I way off?

[quote user="York Canary"]I''ll take both of the players in that picture please. As for Wes, get it sorted. Can''t he talk to other teams in 6mths or am I way off?
[/quote]

Think its managers discression and depends on what the manager''s plans for the player, I''m only guessing now 

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Keane made his debut against us-who remembers? 17 years old, two goals for Wolves on an opening day.

Would love him here, he might not have the legs but he''s got the know who and would get a few goals.

Concerned re.Wes, guess that 3 years and increase for Holty whose a similar age has set some precedents! Guess also that with Snodgrass and Butterfield able to play in his role we may yet see Wes drift away come January?

[/quote]

I remember but you made me feel old there, fortunately it was only 15 years ago!

Has it really got to the stage where players get frustrated about their contracts and pay with 18 months left to run? FFS, most normal people don''t know if they''ll still have jobs after that time, let alone be earning £20k+ a week. They think the world owes them a living!(Not aimed specifically at Wes, more footballers in general).

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Yes. It was a bit of a shock. All that first-game optimism exploded. And I rememeber there was talk that this kid would make his debut, and being worried in that "he''s bound to score against us" way of all fans. The first goal was nothing special, but the second was a kind of slaloming weave-in from the right-hand side. The sort of goal you think should have been stopped without it being clear who actually was to blame. So it would be a kind of symmetry for his to start and finish his English career at Carrow Road. But no.

Apologies, my post wake up eyes thought that read 17 years ago, not 17 years old doh!