Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

man yoo match thread

hoolahan needs to stop giving the ball away in stupid places

and someone needs to tell tettey that hes the waterboy/domestique, NOT the playmaker, he doesnt have the ability

playing some nice football at times :D

Were playing well, Man.U haven''t really looked like scoring, Valencia getting plenty of the ball but no way to stop that, Garrido is doing well enough holding him up and not giving him too much space.

We quite clearly are happy to play it safe rather than try something risky, Hoolahan has given the ball away a couple of times too cheaply, but not often at all. Pilkington looks good, as does Snodgrass. As long as Man.U don''t step it up, we have every chance of winning this.

And another plus point, 6 whole halves of Football without conceding, 2nd half Villa, Stoke, Reading and 1st half today. Thats pretty impressive, I know many don''t rate the defensive approach, but we aren''t ultra defensive, we do get the ball forwards and we do create good chances. Better finishing and a bit of luck and we could be looking at a similar, if not better position in the table to last year.

Same story again, excellent defensibly, neat passing, looking like we could score as well but SO FU*KING wasteful all the time! :@ it''s infuriating! It''s not a lack of ability but poor decision making! It''s Man Utd so I''m thrilled to be level but it''s so frustrating! We need Bennet on for Snoddy to inject some pace on the counter. Still I''m confident of a result tonight as we''re not playing badly and we''re making Man Utd play very flat.

chances are there.. just need to take them.. i suspect Fergie will be "having a word" with the ref right about now so expect some strange decisions 2nd half....i''d take 0-0 right now... looking good for it!

I disagree with the Tettey comment, I think he has both sides of the game and can do a good job going forward as well as breaking up play. He''s sure as got a shot on him too

If it stays nil nil I will be happy with that seeing as it is Man U. The back 4 are doing a great job and we''ve had a couple of good chances, wonder if we could just nick it at the end?

Quote user Oli: need Bennet on for Snoddy to inject some pace on the counter.

Disagree, Evra has been suspect to people dribbling at him. Snodgrass may not be fast but he has good control and is more than willing to run at Evra and cause him some problems. Bennett isn''t as willing to run at his man and would be a step down offensively IMO.

0-0 would be a perfectly acceptable final scoreline, seems more likely Man.U will get a goal or two though. But at the moment its all equal and we are just as likely to score as them, just need to keep it up and try and get that goal.

[quote user="AJ"]I disagree with the Tettey comment, I think he has both sides of the game and can do a good job going forward as well as breaking up play. He''s sure as got a shot on him too[/quote]

hes just a bit too clumsy, you cant knock his work rate & defensive play though

anyway

deserve all 3 points for the first 70 mins, heres hoping city can hold out, fergie will throw the lot forward if its still 1-0 with ten to go

100% we deserve that goal!We have been better than utd all game. slowed the tempo down and played to our strengths. lets get a 2nd and its 3 points in the bag!

Definitely deserve our lead, great work to get the ball out to Garrido, great cross and great header.

Man.U are the better team, but not today. Unfortunately still over 15 mins to go, and Man.U have won 8 games from behind this season, very very nerve racking!

Thought we were going to regret Howson not slamming that into the bottom corner for a little while. Ruddy showing exactly why he should be in with a shout for England no1!