Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

£34 to DOWNGRADE !

My over-65 father (season ticket £310) can''t go to the match today so i suggested my 17 year old son (season ticket £201) he invite his 17 year old friend along. Considering the season ticket is 50%+ more expensive for over 65 compared with under 17 I figured there wouldn''t be any charge but thought i''d check with the ticket office so as not to compromise my father''s ticket. I couldn''t believe it when i was quoted £34!Because they won''t sell match day u21 tickets (even with photo id) they charge full adult A grade matchday price and deduct the average price of the over 65 price. So the ingeniously turn a downgrade into an upgrade to milk the loyal fan.Having held season tickets for about 10 years, travelling to matches from Essex, travelling to 10+ away matches a season etc i must have spent a fortune on ncfc but this really rankles.I realise ncfc seek to maximise revenue but contriving the rules to immorally fleece the fans this way is abhorable. Shame on McNally & co.

I guess it is annoying, but don''t think it is as unfair as you make out - the rules are pretty clear and I guess he has to count as an adult (unless he can pretend to be u16) so it is not a downgrade at all. Whether we should have a more tiered system is another thing, but it does get abused.

As far as I can see, they''re not "milking the loyal fan" - they''re getting £34 from someone who fancies watching Norwich play Man Utd (i.e. your son''s mate).  You and your son, who hold season tickets, still have your seats.

My 15yr old son often goes to games in my place when work roasters dont play my way.No 1 has ever stopped or asked him when he has used my ST instead of me.......after all hes a norwich fan and i pay for it! [:D]

Your scenario is different Divs, you have someone ''underage'' using an adult ticket.

Btw , I am VERY interested where you work, as there must be times when the roasters do play your way

[quote user="Mister Chops"]As far as I can see, they''re not "milking the loyal fan" - they''re getting £34 from someone who fancies watching Norwich play Man Utd (i.e. your son''s mate).  You and your son, who hold season tickets, still have your seats.[/quote]Quite right Mr C. It''s not a downgrade, it''s an upgrade from a concessionary ticket to a casual one!

£34 !! How much is a ticket anyway? £35 ??Mad.I remember watching a footy match used to cost about the same price as going to the cinema !

I work for network rail crabby out of peterborough depot......like today i couldn''t go because i am on nights walking thro potters bar tunnel''s at 1am.my shift starts at 10pm and  no way i could get from norwich to  peterborugh in that time... so my boys in my place........i dont miss many thro work but sometimes i have to make the choice OT shift or football......i love norwich but they dont pay the bills sadly.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"].....I don''t suppose there will be too much moaning about the £34 now!!![/quote]Nah, I reckon the "friend" was a Man Utd fan.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]My over-65 father (season ticket £310) can''t go to the match today so i suggested my 17 year old son (season ticket £201) he invite his 17 year old friend along. Considering the season ticket is 50%+ more expensive for over 65 compared with under 17 I figured there wouldn''t be any charge but thought i''d check with the ticket office so as not to compromise my father''s ticket. I couldn''t believe it when i was quoted £34!
Because they won''t sell match day u21 tickets (even with photo id) they charge full adult A grade matchday price and deduct the average price of the over 65 price. So the ingeniously turn a downgrade into an upgrade to milk the loyal fan.
Having held season tickets for about 10 years, travelling to matches from Essex, travelling to 10+ away matches a season etc i must have spent a fortune on ncfc but this really rankles.
I realise ncfc seek to maximise revenue but contriving the rules to immorally fleece the fans this way is abhorable. Shame on McNally & co.

[/quote]

Neither you, your father or your son have been fleeced. Talk about moaning for the sake of it. Us season ticket holders get a very good deal. My circumstances forced me to change the location of my ST and the club treated me unbelievably well. You are just complaining on behalf of a casual fan and I don''t think you''ve been fleeced at all.

How is it milking the loyal fan? This was a casual fan who paid £34 to watch a game of football - which is less than he would have paid without the season ticket "downgrade" discount.

Had you simply presented the ST''s at the turnstiles I doubt they''d be turned away on match day - the price of honesty I suppose?

PS: Looking at some of the responses on this thread there seems to be some confusion between ''rosters'' and ''roasters''. Got to be a joke in there somewhere!