Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Defence will get us relegated

I have said it since the midway point of the season when we could see what way we were heading and that is that I believe the defence we have will be the ones to get us relegated.  We can have all the Dean Ashton''s we like (who by the way was absolutely outstanding tonight) but if we go two goals up and still let in three then I am sorry but we don''t deserve to stay up.  The killer goal I believe was their first one which ultimately got them back into the game.  A ball swung over and there was Sibierski all on his own on the six yard line to say thankyou very much.   Absolutely awful defending from a Premiership team.  If it happened on the odd occasion you could say fair enough but it has happened too many times to say we have been unfortunate.  There is only one way we are going and I for one am not surprised.

We will stay up.  KEEP THE FAITH.  Support support support support. Norwich til I die.

A tired and emotional supporter.

August 64

With our defence it was always on the cards that Man City would at least get back in it; unless forced on him, Worthy''s defensive changes were strange imo - if anything Flem should have been rested, not Doc; Charlton is better than Drury, or has been so far this season, even if partially injured.

All along I have said that a solid defence is key: it is the main reason we got promoted, it is why Chelsea are top (they have recently kept edging 1-0s away from home), why we are second bottom (we have let in a horrific tally of 27 goals in the last 11 league games), and (the only good thing) it is why the binners aren''t top of the fizzy pop league any more!! 

I will never understand why we brought absolutely no defenders in during the transfer window, even on loan.  It has been clear all season that our defence was finding it hard to cope, so why we didn''t strengthen is beyond me.

However, all is not lost. At this stage last season, Palace were nowhere and yet got promoted.  The binners were 6pts clear only 10 days ago and are now 3rd.  I am sure it is not beyond us to close a 5pt gap in 10 games.  But, we need to start defending properly, and soon.

No way will we stay up , you just cannot conceed this many goals and hope to have a chance. After the next 4 matches we will be to far adrift , lets face it we dont deserve to stay up 2-0 ahead in a must win match and lose 2-3 laughable . And can anybody explain what  Jonson has to offer , the bloke is a complete waste of space.

The defence is poor but last seasons defence was never going to be good enough to get us safe this season - what really got us promoted last season was hux and our ability to score goals.  Not signing defenders in the summer and transfer window is now starting to bite.

We dont have that differential in class this season, even with Ashton who looked superb last night and so the abvious flaws in our back four are being exposed.

A shell shocked Zip

OTBC