Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

One little niggle at MOTD last night...

Since there seems to be a drought of MOTD hate threads, I decided maybe I should stoke the fire a bit (sarcasm people)

Why is it always that MOTD have to show on their cameras the most awkward and abnormal fans? Now I''m not saying they aren''t ''true fans'', but it seems rather embarrassing that the camera always goes onto a rather, umm, "large" lady who is bouncing around and looks like she is struggling to maintain her own weight.

Not to mention the guy who looked like he had eyeliner on and was shirtless and jumping around. It doesn''t look much like a family club, it looks more like a circus.

Just my thoughts. Am I being prejudiced?

What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme...

Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...

Oh dear....i''m afraid I have to agree with you. Don''t forget the gentleman with teeth at 45 degrees from their normal angle...but all in different directions. It really does paint a stereotypical picture for non-Norfolkites....which is no doubt why the cameraman focuses on them.

What I saw was some city supporters happy to be supporting their local team & even happier that we just beat one of the best teams in the land. What I didnt see was row upun row of sporty type celeb wannabees manicured nails, groomimg products checking their iphones & their image. & we dont have to have their bank accounts either to get a ticket. Nice one City.

Hopefully pete will delete Mr. Goaty since all he seems to do is go "this".

If it''s attempted humour, it really isn''t funny.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme...

Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...[/quote]Ah, GP, you''re not old enough to remember the days of packed terracing.A programme was an essential tool needed to empty the bladder when you couldn''t slide out at half-time for a comfort break.Old habits die hard..... [;)]

The ugliest sour faced man appeared near the end, made my kids cry, my wife said "do they all look like that in manchester" think his name was Furgus the Bogeyman..

Got to say I agree with this thread. Out of county media are famous for wanting to feed stereo types of Norfolk people. You could feel the thinking behind it as I watched. Pathetic. I noticed during the olympics the tendancy to focus on especially good lookers..usually female.  I wonder who makes these decisions?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gingerpele"]What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme...

Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...[/quote]Ah, GP, you''re not old enough to remember the days of packed terracing.A programme was an essential tool needed to empty the bladder when you couldn''t slide out at half-time for a comfort break.Old habits die hard..... [;)][/quote]

Just curious - what did you do with the programme and its contents then?  Save it up and take it home with you?  

To be fair, all the pictures MOTD showed of our fans were also shown on the ESPN coverage- i imagine that 90% of our fans look like that anyway! ;p

Typical BBC showing us as a bunch of thick country inbreds from Swaffham. Complained to cameraman a few months ago as to why Jason Donovan or whatever his name is on Look East,always portrayed us this way,and said he would try to change it,but obviously no change. Very embarrasing!

While I am aware of this, and commented on it to my Manchester United friend yesterday while watching on ESPN... I am absolutely disgusted by this thread. Those are people, that needless to say, support the same club and were probably ecstatic to be on TV. (everyone likes a claim to fame! My face was on sunderland away last season.) I''m not being oblivious to the fact that that is probably the camera directors "plan" but to single these people out and refer to them as "mongs" is disgraceful.
You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme... Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...[/quote]

Why buy one in the first place?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme... Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...[/quote]

Why buy one in the first place?

Because my Grandad bought me one at my first game and said keep it, so i''ve bought a programme at every game i''ve been too ever since, and have them all. Plus a large collection from 80s/90s from another Norwich fan.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Gingerpele"]What I don''t like is people rolling up their programmes, at the end they showed a guy with a rolled up programme...

Why would you do that? Is it that hard to hold it not rolled up? I have personally never had an issue holding a programme that hasn''t been rolled...[/quote]Ah, GP, you''re not old enough to remember the days of packed terracing.A programme was an essential tool needed to empty the bladder when you couldn''t slide out at half-time for a comfort break.Old habits die hard..... [;)][/quote]

Just curious - what did you do with the programme and its contents then?  Save it up and take it home with you?  

[/quote]No.....they didn''t come with a free catheter bag. The contents went in the top and fell out of the bottom onto the terracing.Unless it was on the Anfield Kop of course when the guy in front suddenly felt a warm glow in his pocket apparently.......Not recommended if the purchaser was a programme collector as dried out crinkly ones take up too much storage space [;)]

So MOTD should only show young stereotypically ''beautiful'' women (a la Sky cricket coverage in India)?

So MOTD should not show ''mongs'' with chest tattoos?

Listen to youselves.

You certainly are a fan of me aren''t you Dpit?

Why don''t yourself, mungo (and other aliases), Wiz and others set up an official fanclub dedicated to yours truly?

I thought they made Utd look alot better than they actually were. Sure we had more chances sequentially that weren''t shown and they didn''t show enough of the game in general. We had a sequence of something around 30 passes that was good to watch but to be honest didn''t expect even the level of respect they did show us for once.

I''m sure I''d get on well with you if I met you in person, I tend to warm to most human beings. However, I don''t think a fan club is quite in order as your online persona is a little....trying.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I liked the guy with the yokel haircut, glasses, overbite and NCFC chest tattoo.  I could almost hear the "Deliverance" theme.

Squeal, Fergie!

[/quote]

Lmao I thought exactly that!

"Dinga ding ding ding..."

The shirtless, bespeckled, tattooed fella used to football at Wymondham youth with me, years back. He was probably one of the worst players I''ve ever shared a pitch with.

He also used to work in my local chinese in Tacolneston...

i watched the espn coverage and they showed the only....lets say challenged person i vaguely see on the bus who goes to watch norwich. As i was watching i said to my friend; ''i bet they''ll show her next''...and they did.  Never mind all the non ''mongs'' around them, lets focus on inbred''s who go completey mental if we win.... typical