Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Just seen Ipswich's goal difference

That really is incredible isn''t it? How bad do we reckon it could get? I''ll stick my neck out and say -50 doesn''t look too outlandish.

with their goal difference, the hidings they''ve had and just how poor theyve been in general, they should by rights be cut adrift at the bottom by now However ,no matter how bad they are ,not only are they still not bottom I have the feeling that there will ultimately turn out to be 3 worse sides than them. It really does make you wonder quite how bad we must have been under Roeder/Gunn to have have actually managed to have got relegated out of that division?!

From TWTD on the subject of their goal difference." We all know that a good

goal difference could be worth a point at the end of the season. We have

lost all hope of that for this season now, so we can let it go.

Now, If we are a goal or two down now, rather than worrying about

conceding more goals, we can attack attack attack to get back in the

game. Effectively each game is a cup tie. Who knows our goalie may get some last minute equalises. "

So Binner logic states that they might win more games because........ well because they have a shocking goal difference. [:^)]

Of course the flaw in the Binners plan is that to win games like this they first have to go a goal or two down, something admittedly they are quite capable of, but which sadly for the 6-inners also tends to mean they go another goal or two then another goal or two down........ [:D]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

with their goal difference, the hidings they''ve had and just how poor theyve been in general, they should by rights be cut adrift at the bottom by now However ,no matter how bad they are ,not only are they still not bottom I have the feeling that there will ultimately turn out to be 3 worse sides than them. It really does make you wonder quite how bad we must have been under Roeder/Gunn to have have actually managed to have got relegated out of that division?!

[/quote]

What a ridiculous post

How does the goal difference or the number of goals they have conceded in a game make any difference, bar one point ?  Likewise it is still early day''s in the sense that one point can make all the difference ie they WOULD be bottom were they to have one less point.

It matters little how bad we were, or were not (we were 17th this time in 2008) it is about how far our impoverished neighbours have fallen, and are still falling. Even then our goal difference was only  -6, not a shocking -25.

However, the huge goal difference is merely one consequence of having a club that is in a shambles - another being having a squad made up of players that are either loanees or out of contract next June.

Whether "there will ultimately turn out to be 3 worse sides than them" matters nothing. No more than if a condemned man is allowed to take a breather halfway up the steps of the gallows. In the meantime their ''dead binman walking'' act is providing a fair bit of amusement for those this side of the border ....... and I''ve no doubt it will continue to provide even more amusement as they slide further and further down the plughole

RIPswich

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

What a ridiculous post

How does the goal difference or the number of goals they have conceded in a game make any difference, bar one point ?  Likewise it is still early day''s in the sense that one point can make all the difference ie they WOULD be bottom were they to have one less point.

It matters little how bad we were, or were not (we were 17th this time in 2008) it is about how far our impoverished neighbours have fallen, and are still falling. Even then our goal difference was only  -6, not a shocking -25.

However, the huge goal difference is merely one consequence of having a club that is in a shambles - another being having a squad made up of players that are either loanees or out of contract next June.

Whether "there will ultimately turn out to be 3 worse sides than them" matters nothing. No more than if a condemned man is allowed to take a breather halfway up the steps of the gallows. In the meantime their ''dead binman walking'' act is providing a fair bit of amusement for those this side of the border ....... and I''ve no doubt it will continue to provide even more amusement as they slide further and further down the plughole

RIPswich

[/quote]

so glad it''s ridiculousness didnt prevent you from replying

How much are we paying Agent McCarthy? Jewell blew his cover, the idiot.Instructions to Mick: Get Ipswich hovering just above the bottom three until a few matches near the end of the season then lose the lot!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

What a ridiculous post

RIPswich

[/quote]

so glad it''s ridiculousness didnt prevent you from replying

[/quote]

So what was the point?

Do you get some perverse satisfaction from your opinion that under Roeder and Gunn we were worse then they are now? I think that''s debateable. I''m pretty sure in my years as a supporter we''ve never been as bad as they are now.

"So what was the point? "

I think the point was to try and turn a joke at our hapless nighbours rather dire position into a side swipe at City

I wonder why ?