Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

£10 mil for Rhodes

I think we should go after him, scoring for fun, scoring at international level, we''re in a healthy position and Blackburn are going nowhere. This could be our Dean Ashton signing in terms of importance.

£10m?! We''re talking about summer right because obviously we won''t be spending that in Jan. I also don''t think they need to sell or will sell him anytime soon

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Recall Vaughan and buy Rhodes.Sell Jackson and Chris Martin.Job done.[/quote]LOL, Vaughen is a sick note.Sell Morison, Martin and Vaughan. Buy RhodesUse Jackson moreJob done ;)

[quote user="paul moy"]Scoring against the current Peterborough side is hardly difficult.[/quote]

But saving shots against Dundee is?

I think Rhodes could do well in the Premier League, but I can''t see Blackburn selling him after just signing him for 8 million. If we can do what Swansea did and find someone like Michu for 2 million, that would be amazing.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]I think Rhodes could do well in the Premier League, but I can''t see Blackburn selling him after just signing him for 8 million. If we can do what Swansea did and find someone like Michu for 2 million, that would be amazing. [/quote]
Speaking of Swansea, it might be worth putting in a bid for Graham soon. He seems to have fallen down the pecking order something sharp. He was a nailed on starter under Rodgers, now he''s a constant substitute. Seems to be below Shechter and Michu based on recent weeks. I reckon a good bid might tempt them. 

Rhodes is a quality player, but we missed the boat there.
What about Wickham, another ex scummer and always held in higher regard than Rhodes. He seems to be getting no look in at all at Sunderland, perhaps a loan move with a view to perm? He is a similar player to Morrison and could easily replace him, giving Holt some real competition for that starting birth

With the debt to be paid off by the summer we don''t have that kind of money spare unless the board are seriously confident about survival.

We definitely need a little more fire power, I''ve heard about a short-term loan deal for Robbie Keane. Many will scoff & I''d love some more pace/dynamism but he did a great job for Villa last year & has real ''quality'' in final third. With survival so important this season, a short-term deal is a winner for me.

When we stay up this season, we''ll have some serious funds with the debt gone to strengthen the squad & expand Carrow Road.

I''d take Keane on a short-term loan. He''s playing games in the MLS so should be fit enough and had a good impact on Villa last season. He''s quite creative and a good finisher. Could be a nice little boost for the squad. I''d prefer Landon Donovan though;)

Someone mentioned the Nigerian player Sone Aluko as well, which is interesting. He''s fast and powerful and was doing really well at Rangers before they went bust and is now on fire at Hull. He''s 23 and maybe the Prem is the next step for him? May be hard to get from Hull as they''re doing well, but apparently he was signed on only a 2yr deal (in July). 

I know some people would prefer a more established and highly rated player and I''d tend to agree. Just thought he''s an interesting one like Charlie Austin, but more of the pacey type player we could do with.

I still think the players on that list that Renskay showed are the ones to look at (the most prolific scorers in the top European leagues). Really hope we keep this form going and January will be all the more exciting

I will also add that CH said he likes players that have some experience of the Prem before so do we think that could possibly rule out most European targets? Hoping that Chester has some targets in mind for him

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Speaking of Swansea, it might be worth putting in a bid for Graham soon.[/quote]Dependant on price this wouldn''t be a bad signing, I''m guessing that Swansea would be looking for about 5-6 mil for his services (maybe more) and given that he has proven his ability at this level then I think that would be fair.Much better than suggesting 10 mil or so for Rhodes, who despite doing well this season is still totally unproven at the top flight and would still represent a massive gamble...