Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

best stand for kids

As an armchair supporter ;) i dont go to many home games (mainly due to distance and fact i coach a girls team who play on saturdays) but i am planning on taking advantage of the Wigan game decent prices.

I have historically sat in Barclay but believe it is sold out and also not convinced very kid friendly.

which other stand would people recommend (children are 10 and 6) - do want somewhere with some atmosphere but not where i spend half my time covering their ears ;)

cheers

N&P has the family area I think, unless thats been discarded.

Anywhere other than right next to away fans, Barclay and Snake pit is probably fine. Barclay is probably fine as well.

Jarrold stand suits my girls, you can hear Barclay and away fans, but not so the kids get worried.

They normally just worry bout me jumping up and screaming.

Just go in the Barclay, it''s nothing like it was, everywhere is family friendly now.

If you want to avoid the language as much as possible but in that end, get in the middle somewhere, if you have to bias from the center due to ticket allocation, pick between the central Barclay and Snakepit.. If you go too close to the away you''ll get more foul language.

I say this from experience: You would regret going anywhere else in the ground if you want atmosphere and spend most of the game looking onwards at the Barclay wishing you was in there with ''the lads'' :)

I''ve taken my daughter in the Lower Barclay since she was 5 years old and she wouldn''t sit anywhere else - the kids love the atmosphere!

thanks for the responses

my first choice would be the barclay with the kids but appeared sold out on line

if not might give the jarrold a try