Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Trouble at Compleat Angler before yesterday's game

Apparently some Man Utd fans caused some trouble at the Compleat Angler pub ahead of the game yesterday. Anybody see or hear anything?

Whatever happened to the good old days Pete when journos used to get out from behind their desks or pick up the phone and in this case ring the landlord instead of relying on internet gossip for stories.[:D][:P][;)]

Got to say the rumours about the Compleat Angler were being discussed after the game. Also talk of scuffles along riverside also. I know I may have missed something here, but what were the Yarmouth chants all about during the game from our fans??

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Got to say the rumours about the Compleat Angler were being discussed after the game. Also talk of scuffles along riverside also. I know I may have missed something here, but what were the Yarmouth chants all about during the game from our fans??[/quote]Maybe the chants were Y''army.

The Yarmouth chants refer to the general perception that United fans don''t come from Manchester, instead from towns such as Yarmouth. I remember us singing the same thing at them back in 2005.

Thanks for that e10. It was difficult to hear the detail from the Jarrold (Last minute £48 buy back). Got to say my recent favourite was "Tony Pulis you look like a chav!''

i was there pete...me and some top boys from the snake pit and cass pennant stormed the lounge bar and it was bedlam.. got a bit of manc blood on my benneton jumper but we smashed em right up there was claret everywhere... got out just before the old billl turned up didn''t go to the game all i''m interested in is the aggro... did we win ?

I saw a bit of aggro down riverside but I wouldn''t call it trouble just pushing and shouting. (after the game)

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Apparently some Man Utd fans caused some trouble at the Compleat Angler pub ahead of the game yesterday.

Anybody see or hear anything?[/quote]

I think it was the result of frustration trying to load pages on your quaint little forum Pete[;)]

i was there pete...me and some top boys from the snake pit and cass pennant stormed the lounge bar and it was bedlam.. got a bit of manc blood on my benneton jumper but we smashed em right up there was claret everywhere... got out just before the old billl turned up didn''t go to the game all i''m interested in is the aggro... did we win ?

Nice one!

That made me laugh!

There was some Manc k**b trying to provoke some young lads after the game out near Harvey Lane......everyone just ignored him for the tool that he was. [:)]

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Thanks for that e10. It was difficult to hear the detail from the Jarrold (Last minute £48 buy back). Got to say my recent favourite was "Tony Pulis you look like a chav!''[/quote]I just saw him on Sky Sports.  He looks like the sort you see in a Wetherspoons pub at 10:30am on a Tuesday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Apparently some Man Utd fans caused some trouble at the Compleat Angler pub ahead of the game yesterday.

Anybody see or hear anything?[/quote]

I think it was the result of frustration trying to load pages on your quaint little forum Pete[;)]

[/quote]

[Y]

OTBC

Outside the Barlcay there was quite a few of the Mancs getting nicked. Omg it was the funniest thing ever to watch, only games that come close are NCFC 1 - 0 Leeds (Leeds fans trying to fight the police), and NCFC 4 - 1 Town (Speaks for itself, seeing off the scum) [:D]