Sign in to follow this  
ed walker

Johnson booked: McVeigh on as a Sub!

Why will Worthington not play McVeigh even as a sub. I like Worthington, but I think he has to admit he was wrong last night.

Johnson looked like he was going to get booked from minute one, and johnson is the kind of player who should have been taken off when he was booked. He is a very committed and aggressive player which is great to see, however when he has been booked it becomes worrying. He either cools off and loses the aggression that makes him great, or as happened last night he gets a second yellow, and means we have to play with ten men.

Surely Mcveigh would have been the perfect player to bring on in this situation to play on the left against Wright Phillips, (both small, quick, low centre of gravity etc). We would have finished the game with eleven, and maybe would have snatched three points back rather than get nothing.

Surely its all about the club (not Worthington vs Mcveigh), and maybe Mcveigh isn''t working hard enough, but if last night wasn''t a great time to reintroduce someone to the fray and give them something to be enthused about, then I dont think I can think of a better one.

He''s obviously off at the end of the season, so thats how much wasted on wages.? Oh and the other thing, I seem to remember he scored at Old Trafford - and how many Norwich players can lay claim to that.?

I agree city needed some energy last night but the only sub was safri on for stuart - which reduced our ability to get forward.   My preference would have been for Safri to replace Holt and wee Zip for Stuatr as he tired - but given where we were in the game I havent got many problems with the substitutions - the main problem was that we sat far too deep (on our own 18 yard line) and invited pressure on to us for 70 mins of the game.

This was compounded by the bizzare sight of Leon & Ashton flip flopping every 5 mins as the lone striker/midfield support - we needed a win, not a point so sacrifice a midfield slot and keep two up front at least when a hopeful put went forward we had a chance of keeping the ball...

OTBC