Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Who is to blame for another loss?

What a bugger ! 2-0 up & yet we still lose. So who''s to blame for this? The players for not being able to keep the ball after being 2 -0 up? Johnson for getting sent off? Or Worthy for his lack of substitutions during the match (as you could see our players were knackered after 65 minutes)?

I''d say it was Man City being able to keep posession and pass the ball better than us.
People here were saying we have to play rough, so blaming Jonson would be a bit silly. I thought he did well considering.

Agree we simply do not have a defence capable of Prem survival. The real tragedy is that we have an attack that is...and possibly a midfeild that can hold its own too.

Now we have to hope we do not lose too many come summer.

Ashton was sublime- best player in a yellow shirt? I reckon he could be!

Have to agree with the Vicar.  We have a defence that any team know they are going to score against and that puts too much pressure on the forwards.  Even tonight the forwards give us a great cushion and then we let in three.  It must be totally changed for next season. 

Why did we sit back when we 2-0 up? The midfield is letting us down; Francis looked to be strolling around on occasions, Stuart is past his best, Jonson was inneffective and Safri was very poor tonight. Only the much-maligned Gary Holt can hold his head up tonight. Worthy should have used his subs better as well; why have Ashton struggling at right midfield for the last 10/15 minutes, when he had McVeigh and Henderson on the bench? He could have taken Leon off (who looked shattered), stuck Ashton up front on his own and put on some fresh legs.  

Without a doubt Ashton was a class act tonight - man of the match by a mile and we were unlucky not to get a point. The league however does not lie, we have the poorest defence in the Premiership and I just hope that Saturday is not an embarrassment? Certainly we need to start re-building for the Championship because we are just not capable of getting the points needed - I think 28 points is probably the maximum we are likely to achieve.

Defensively we are a joke (would Malky really have been this bad?) - Drury isn''t good enough, Fleming/Eddy have had their day, Chalrton ok for another year, the Doc? well he wasn''t voted Spurs worst player of all time for nothing! Shackell looked good tonight, give the lad a run until the end of the season.

Just hope Curbishly wasn''t watching Francis, with a view to picking over the bones at seasons end.

Also, how much wine did Delia have - she looked half pissed ranting at the fans on the pitch at half time????

totally agree with you linknr9.

why o why stick ashton in midfield when he so obviously looked lost.....

your idea would of been a much better option.

at least when greeno hoofed the ball up front ashton might of been able to hold it up....

having said that,why did greeno hoof it upfield anyway????

surely he knows we play much better from the back.....

it dont take a genious to work out the balls coming straight back at you when in the situation we were in tonight.....

even my 5 year old asked what the hell they were doing......

oh well,roll on saturday.

chin up everyone.

Why 2 minutes in added time, after battling for the last fifteen minutes with 10 men to salvage a point did green race to take a free kick, booting the ball straight to dunne (not allowing anyone time to move up field) result mckenzie 1 v 3 ball played back to the edge of our box 2 passes a mis-hit shot & good night vienna, when will green learn, the game was over, players were knackered, the last thing they needed was him presenting the ball on a plate, people keep saying he''s done this & that, good keeper I agree but since christmas he''s be shocking,   

The manager and coaching staff for the midfield they put out tonight, and their failure to bring on a striker.  Jonson usually plays on the right so our manager plays him on the left.  Stuart is more at home on the left so he is put on the right. 

The midfield is supposed to be the engine room where players get back to help the defence and get forward to help the strikers.  Stuart is too old to get up and down, jonson is too slow to get forward, holt just wanders around aimlessly following the ball and not the runners, and Francis just wasn''t in the game tonight.  Safri didn''t play that well when he came on but there again how long did he have to make an impact.

Why did Worthy not bring on either Henderson or McVeigh when we clearly needed to score a third goal?  The answer is plain for all to see that our management and coaching staff are out of their depth at this level.

Who is to blame - it is the players and the manager.   The strike force did well last night and caused Citeh some problems.  We dominated the first 20 minutes when all 4 midfielders pushed high up the pitch, played at a high tempo and chased and harried the citeh ball holder.  It was scrappy but suited us perfectly - we deserved a 2 goal lead coz for once the midfield looked better than our opponents.

Then for some reason we make two mistakes, first we sit back on our first two goal lead of the season and stop doing what has helped us dominate the game - we ease off in midfield and allow citeh back into the game.  Then from a corner we were unbeleivably slow at clearing the box once the corner was knocked away (why wasnt Leon on the half way line - it could have prevented the second cross coming in) and the stood and watched as Sibierski has a free header.  From that point on the game was lost - the body language of the players was the worst I had seen in years (only exceeded after fowlers second).  The players aare at fault for sitting back and Worthy for his overly defencive tactis at corners - numbers in the box will not make up for poor marking and actually encourage it as people pass responsibility.

The lesson is that we have to play higher up the pitch, clear our lines quickly and defend for a full 95 minutes.  Oh, and actualy play our 4 best defenders..

OTBC

[quote]We can stay up. The players gave their all. I would not blame one of them tonight. Norwich til I die. August 64[/quote]

August 64, you wrote...

We can stay up.  The players gave their all.  I would not blame one of them tonight. Norwich til I die.

I should say I am the same with your, second, third and fourth sentence....