Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Murphy twins

Anyone managed to watch these boys play? I know they''re our hottest prospects (how nice to have 2 as well!) and I know they''re representing England Under 19''s at 17yrs of age, which is pretty decent by itself. They seem to be mentioned a lot in the under 21 reports so I went on YouTube to try and find anything that showed them in it and all I found was 2 videos - 1 was a Chelsea Reserves vs Norwich reserves game that we lost on pens, but 1 of the Murphy boys looked pretty damn good in his few clips. He plucked the ball out of the air and chipped it over someone''s head before darting towards the box and putting a cross in an and then in another clip he casually lobs it over someone''s head again and does something similar:)The more impressive clip is the one below, which is the England Under 19s game vs Finland Under 19s. Jacob Murphy starts in that match (no.11) and has one clip where he has a positive little dribble towards across the edge of the box and a left-footed shot at the keeper. Joshua (no.14) replaces him later in the match and actually has a few highlights and some people actually comment below the clip about how he looks quite impressive. Makes some really strong and positive runs to the box and cuts some great balls across the face of goal. One of the runs is really good where he cuts right then left and then right again passed a couple of defenders and shoots just wide. I know it''s very little to go on, but I''m just happy to have some lads that look exciting and play on both wings too. Hopefully they stay settled here and keep on improving. I''ll certainly be keeping an eye on them

I''ve seen them play twice in U21 games at Carrow Road - the latest against Arsenal earlier this week.

Both of them are quick and have good ball skills and a competitive attitude. They are both quite two footed as well which is good to see.

There is no doubt that they are good prospects, but it must be remembered that there is an awful long way between being a hot prospect at 17 and actually going on to make it as a professional. They have to carry on learning and carry on developing physically and mentally and avoid serious injury. I thought the report on the Arsenal game earlier in the week on this site went over the top in describing Josh Murphy''s "sparkling" performance etc, etc. Give them time to develop and don''t over hype them.

Some posters on here may remember the hyperbole which greeted Luke Daley''s hat-trick for the reserves against Arsenal a few years back. He now plays for Braintree Town.

Rooney was 16 when he first played for Everton wasn''t he?Lets get them out there! The earlier you start, they quicker they develop. By 20, they should be total class.

They were constant menaces down the flanks v Arsenal, neither of the full backs were able to do much to stop them.

At the moment, they play a lot like Valencia at Man Utd - very direct and pacey, and will tend to knock the ball a yard past his marker before firing in a dangerous cross

Is Loza no. 9 for the reserves/under 21s? I think I saw him on some of the clips and he looked bullish and strong, but not totally composed. Obviously still raw, but has the ingredients needed to become a good player. Really hope those players step it up and make the transition. I think loans would help them as they get to 18/19 rather than staying in the under 21s without any real consistent game-time. If the Murphy boys keep doing well and playing for the England teams then they''ll certainly be looked at by lower League clubs and asked to be loaned

I can''t help but think of Hucks when I see that England Under 19s video..there''s shades of him in those fast, jinking runs down the left