Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The Sun reporting we've offrered 5m for Danny Graham

If he feels he has a point to prove after being benched by Swansea this season then he could be an excellent acquisition for us. Or is he not a big enough step up in quality?

What do you reckon?

OTBC

Looks like another ''pin the player on the team'' game by the sun, can''t see it personally but you never know

I agree, don''t really think he is an upgrade on what we have already.

Although maybe he would be better than Moro as whenever I have seen Graham play he certainly puts in which cannot always be said about Moro.

Not sure about this.....

I''d have him here, but I''d have it written into his contract that he''s not allowed to do that goal celebration that''s so annoying that it makes the whole country want to punch him in the face. Repeatedly.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''d have him here, but I''d have it written into his contract that he''s not allowed to do that goal celebration that''s so annoying that it makes the whole country want to punch him in the face. Repeatedly.[/quote]

Mr B - my sentiments exactly! I couldn''t have put it any better

A load of b$ù^loùks by a cr@ppy newspaper imo. But he''s a good player...I''d prefer Shane Long though!!!!

I''d prefer long to graham but graham to CMS - £5m for Graham also significantanly better value and less risk than £3m+ for CMS

Is Graham better than we have,  probably not,  but he is no worse either and has at least couple of extra years of playing time on either of our first two.   

Question is can we get better for less than £5m by shopping abroad?    I suspect that there is more than one striking version of Tettey out there for us...  

They''ve just been reading the Pinkun forums...

One or two people mentioned Danny Grahame a day or two ago, now its in the Sun, coincidence?

Decent player. Not a ridiculous price. 14 goals last season playing mostly as a lone striker in a very similar formation to the one we now employ. Good mates with Holt.

This is a move that would make sense for us and him in various different ways and a rumour I would be happy to see happen.

Shame its only the Sun that`s reporting this, that completely rules out any remote chance that there is a story here. If it was true I would be very happy with this, he earned his chance in the Prem and so far has done pretty well, with a long future ahead of him.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Shame its only the Sun that`s reporting this, that completely rules out any remote chance that there is a story here. If it was true I would be very happy with this, he earned his chance in the Prem and so far has done pretty well, with a long future ahead of him.[/quote]

The Sun football gossip gets quite a few things right. Not that unreliable. That said it only says we are interested.

Graham and Holt have been "tweeting" each other quite a bit lately but nothing suggesting a move for Graham so clearly The Sun have been monitoring Twitter banter as a "source" and then filling in blanks to create a story.

Any new striker will come from abroad and will be someone not in Holt/Morisson stamp i.e. bustling type but quick and tricky Ewan will find a gem to follow Garrido and Tettey.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I suspect that there is more than one striking version of Tettey out there for us...  

[/quote]Wilfried BonyWatch this:

http://youtu.be/MKWodin3QOk

[/quote]Never seen him play in real life, but he''s an absolute beast on Football Manager. Would be very happy to see him here.

"The Sun football gossip gets quite a few things right"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3553711/The-FA-are-set-to-strip-QPR-of-promotion-to-the-Premier-League.html

like the date, and err...................

it is a worthless rag that relies upon regurgitating stuff put out by agents

even it''s game coverage is second hand, taken from other sources

Graham scored 12 premier league goals last season in 36 appearances, a goal every 3 appearances, and has scored 1 goal this season despite being relegated to the bench for most of this season. If we brought him in, he would immediately be the 2nd best striker in the squad and would be legitimate competition for Holt. If this did come off, I would be very, very happy.
But it is the Sun, so it''s a load of b****cks anyway [;)]

The sun pick their tranfer rumours out of hat. I can''t remember the last time they actually got something right.

Decent player, but £5 million for a player who can''t get in Swansea''s starting line up?Nah, not for me.

surely if he''s not good enough for swanse, then not good enough for us. Perhaps a bit too simple, but for me we someone who we know will do well, whereas graham will do ok, not as well as hholt but a little bit younger. Played for most of the seaon for swansea last season and got 14. Morison scored 10 and only performed for half the season, so has a lot more to show imo.  I think we should splash out when have enough money on a better quality striker than Graham.