Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Approaches for our players

According to Mr Bailey on Twitter, McNall has stated at the AGM that we received several enquires from other Prem clubs for our players during the summer, including 1 club that wanted 4 of our players!

Wonder who that was...

Lambert only wanted four?

Although in a way I can''t actually believe he would be stupid enough to think we''d have sold him anyone, probably wouldn''t have sold him Lappin for £10 million.

Could have been West Ham, they were trying to buy everyone.

Its quite reassuring to know we have players wanted by other clubs, and we said know. Although of course we don''t know who these players are, could all be fringe players who we wouldn''t have been too sad to see leave. Or could have been some of the first teamers who showed they were/are more than good enough at this level.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]According to Mr Bailey on Twitter, McNall has stated at the AGM that we received several enquires from other Prem clubs for our players during the summer, including 1 club that wanted 4 of our players!

Wonder who that was...[/quote]Must have been QPR, they want 4 of everybody else''s players. And they''d still be sh*t.

West Ham - Grant Holt
Villa - Bennett, R and E, Hoolahan, Holt, Ayala... should I continue?
Nah I dunno, bit of a non-topic though really...

Villa - Bennett, R and E, Hoolahan, Holt, Ayala...

Even more sneaky - only offer to buy 4 but get 5

Obviously we are all guessing and speculating wildly (nothing wrong with that). But if we are near the truth it begs the question why are you leaving a club and then desperately trying to raid all their players. Surely it would be more prudent to stay in the first place.

Bet anything that one of them was Ruddy, hence the lucrative new 4 year deal for him, not that he didn''t deserve it anyway but I bet a few clubs were sniffing around.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Sorry City 1st, McNasty said Premier League Club, not Premier League Feeder Club.[/quote]

Yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek - more so given that their ''hinvestor'' appears to have got cold feet

The real question is what kind of offer was made, a Peter Cullum style nonsense offer or a genuine offer that was based on what the other club thought the players were worth and what we would let them go for

It does suggest further evidence of the strength of the contracts City are offering/negotiating. Any release clause a player has will be readily made known to a buying club via their agents. If no sales were made it must mean either the release clause was set too high or the player did not want to exercise that clause.

A possible scenario of Villa making an offer may explain the new contracts for both Holt and Ruddy, whereby they did not see a better future at Villa but did feel that they should have that ''loyalty'' rewarded with similar contracts to what was being offered.

Which ever way it is we are still doing a remarkable job with only a £31m wage bill. If that is not increased then we can only be recruiting players who will be on equal wages to those who leave ie if Lappin leaves, then any player coming into the 25 man squad will only be getting roughly what he was getting.

West Ham clearly think all of our players are desperate to join them and we are nervously awaiting the arrival of their money men from that London, all armed with posh briefcases and sparkly gold bracelets to do the deal with their poor cousins in the countryside...

Agree that Lambert might come in for a couple of our current fringe players come January-Fox, Surman, a bid for Wes?

I''d say call their and the Hammers bluff by making a few silly bids for some of their players in return. Will be a very interesting January and am sure that agents are stirring up the gossip and counter gossip already-even with, and ''on behalf of'', players they don''t even represent.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]1 club that wanted 4 of our players! Wonder who that was...[/quote]

Had to be Villa!
[/quote]

And even now, Vile fans say they will sign Hoolahan and Fox in January, Can anyone honestly see Norwich doing business with them?

As much as I love him I don''t see Foxy still being here at the end of January and if Villa come in with a good enough bid then I see no reason not to let him go there.

Lambert will value him higher than other clubs will as he knows him better than anyone else, other clubs are gonna see him as a player who simply can''t get into our side.

I think Fox will be asking wether he has a chance of getting back in the team, if not he''ll want to leave.

They showed him during the Man.U game, was possibly just before it started, but I think it was actually during the match. And he didn''t look particularly thrilled, which is perfectly understandable, he wants to be playing, he''s good enough, but at the moment can''t even make the bench.

well its good that our players are attracting interest and are still here - I really am not too interested in who those clubs may be.

Ruddy arsenal and pilkington liverpool can probably be added to the list.

[quote user="Lambo"]

As much as I love him I don''t see Foxy still being here at the end of January and if Villa come in with a good enough bid then I see no reason not to let him go there.

Lambert will value him higher than other clubs will as he knows him better than anyone else, other clubs are gonna see him as a player who simply can''t get into our side.

[/quote]
Does Fox''s contract expire in the summer? I can''t remember if he was given a year extension or a new contract? Same goes for Jackson

Signed a new 2 year deal in September taking him to 2014 with the option of another year according to the official site. No wonder he''s now a little miffed at not even warming the bench, but I would assume from our recent benches that Howson is seen as a bit more flexible a sub as he can replace Wes in the hole or play in CM. Still all pretty harsh on Fox, but the fact that he signed a new deal should mean if he is wanted by PL, as some suggest, that we get a decent deal for him.