Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Ashton/Mckenzie fills me with confidence

Not because they will save us from relegation because I honestly believe that our defence is not good enough to do that and I know I will get blasted for this but I firmly expect us to be in the Fizzy league next year and to a point I have accepted that although there is still that hope there.

What I am filled with confidence though is the performances of our front two last night who I thought were absolutely superb and if we are relegated we could not wish for a better partnership up front to get us re-promoted.  Ashton was just mind blowing and his accolade from Keving Keegan after the game was whole hertedly deserved.  Mckenzies running once again was top class and he nearly set up a winner for us with a brilliant run with no one close enough to finish off. 

Yes I think we will be relegated but am totally confident of us coming straight back up providing we improve our awful defence. 

[quote]Not because they will save us from relegation because I honestly believe that our defence is not good enough to do that and I know I will get blasted for this but I firmly expect us to be in the Fizzy...[/quote]

Whilst I agree with most of what you say NavMan, although I still don''t rate leon, there is one big concern for me regarding Ashton.

Having read Keegan''s praise for him, can we hang on to him in the summer?. He may still want to be in the premiership, so we could lose him after just getting him.

And that on top of relegation, would be just be too much to deal with!.

Oh the high seas were never like this!.