Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

No Snakepit!!

The middle pen of the old barclay ,now the memories come flooding back. :-)

[quote user="zemas tendon"]What would Carrow Road be like without the Pit!![/quote]Some other part of the ground would be filled with Barclay rejects! [:P]

I''ve sat in the Snakepit for the last five seasons now. Previously I have sat just about everywhere else in the ground, including some of the posh bits. But now I feel that I''ve found my spiritual home and I wouldn''t sit anywhere else. The atmosphere is second to  none in the ground and I love the humour and the banter,Maybe that labels me as one of the Chav Unintelligentia, but quite honestly I don''t care. Like almost anywhere else in the ground (and in life for that matter), the Snakepit has it''s share of low lifes, but generally that is not the case. The people who sit around me are great company, well informed and generally top people. And I look forward to half time when I can catch up with others who don''t sit nearby, and we can put the world and Norwich City to rights. 
And I''ll just share with you one little thing that happened to me a couple of seasons ago. As I made my way down to the bar at half time, I somehow contrived to drop a tenner out of my pocket without noticing. As I went back up to my seat a bloke who I didn''t know from Adam stopped me and gave it back to me. That says everything to me about the calibre of people in the Snakepit.

Ex-greenos`schin, can`t remember whether it was the first game of the Jarrold-it was certainly around that time though. What was funniest about that incident was that the third time Etherington placed the ball it looked fine, but the pit made such a row the ref sent him off anyway!

Another good one was when Sheff.Utd came under the loveable "Colin" and with an ex-scummer at left-back. We`re winning 2-1 with a couple of minutes to go and the ball disappears into the pit for a Blades throw. Said scummer gesticulates for the ball to be returned and a rather large chap stands up with the ball in one hand,giving a "come and get it" gesture with the other. Scummer is distinctly unamused and calls for a spare ball and turns round to take the throw-in....at which the bloke throws the ball and hits him on the back of the head, sparking a fit of rage and hysterics in the pit!

New Model Army- good band btw.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]The middle pen of the old barclay ,now the memories come flooding back. :-)[/quote]

Better still....the Barclay before there was any segregation....now that could get a bit tasty!