Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Clattenberg cleared...

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

But they are throwing the book at John Mikel Obi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20420934

And rightly so, if he has made the allegations up.

[/quote]

I''m so pleased about that.

However, what I''m not pleased about is that he has had to undergo an extended period of uncertainty - not being able to do his job - whilst nobody else was affected - JOM still played, Chelsea still played (but lost a manager - damage limitation coincidence?)

Furthermore, how many of his decisions in the coming weeks are going to be dissected to the "nth" degree. I think this whole situation  has been very unfair on Mark Clattenburg - especially given that the other officials heard absolutely nothing untoward!

The authorities HAVE to move quicker and let the "cry wolf" brigade also suffer the consequences of their actions if found to be unfounded - wonder if the racist organisation (by dint of their very name, they are racist) "The society of BLACK Lawyers" are likely to be contacted by Mark Clattenburg''s legal team - that would be a classic!

As a parting shot - Good luck to Mark Clattenburg!

Ramires came up with the allegation, according to news reports. This would be the Ramires who gives his interviews in Portuguese because he can hardly speak English!"The evidence for the allegation came from one witness, Ramires.

Ramires, whose first language is not English, explained that his

instinctive reaction was to seek confirmation from Mikel John Obi as to

what the referee had said."Mikel John Obi, who was being spoken

to by the referee, was much closer to the referee than Ramires and did

not hear what it is suggested was said to him."Three other

witnesses, ie the other match officials, to whom everything said by

referee was relayed via their communication equipment, are adamant the

alleged words were not uttered. There is nothing in the video footage to

support the allegation."Having considered all of the available

evidence it was the opinion of David Waters QC, independent counsel,

that the evidence of Ramires was not supported by any other evidence.

Moreover it was contradicted by other witnesses and does not cross the

evidential threshold required to bring a charge against Mark

Clattenburg."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/22/mark-clattenburg-cleared-fa-mikel

This could be the making of Mark Clattenburg.    Should make him stronger.   There was never a case to answer - and Chelsea should be investigated as to how these accusations got further than than they should have.  The management should have checked it out properly in the first place.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Although he has been charged with the far more serious offence of accusing Fernando Torres of being a striker.[/quote]
Hahaha, I like it!
Seriously though, I expect to hear an apology from the "Society of black lawyers". They are joke in and of themselves and have only made themselves look even more laughable.

I just hope that he gets a rousing reception at whichever ground he officiates at in his first game back.

There''s a difference between being innocent of racism and guilty of poor refereeing decisions. At no point have I said he is one of my favourite referees, but he is clearly innocent of the false allegations made against him that almost ended his career. Obviously that fuckwit Jon Mikel Obi doesn''t understand the real world and how crying wolf can get you into serious trouble.
More than that though, I cannot express the anger and disgust I hold for that establishment "Society of black lawyers". Truly they are are bunch of people that know no limits to climbing up ones own arse. Nothing worse than people looking for equality by removing themselves from the majority and persecuting themselves by becoming an unequal minority.
Anyway, I digress. Hopefully this will be the last event of "racism" within our good game. Long may Norwich steer clear of these atrocities.

In reply to barclay seats 48/49

Whether you deem him in your personal opinion that he''s a total phallus, well, that is your business......But the point of the matter is, that he was alleged to have made a racist comment.....

He''s been cleared by the FA of those allegations and also has no case to answer to the Met Police......Now thankfully, Mr Clattenburg can return to adjudicating football games......

Being a football referee at any level can be a thankless and unenviable task......I''m not a particular disciple or follower of Mr Clattenburg......But it can''t be very nice to be falsely accused of being a racist - and then suspended from doing a job that many a critical football fan wouldn''t even contemplate doing......I certainly have never had a desire to be ''the man (or woman) in the middle'' .....How about you?

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Perhaps the league would be wise to record the radio microphones in future?
[/quote]

Good old Dermot, for one, has come out 100% against this. Wonder why?