Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Robbie Keane on Loan

If he is only here for 8/9 games like Henry last year and taking a valuable spot in the 25 I don''t believe its a risk worth taking, the cost will not be inconsiderable, best spent on a full time new striker.  Will go to Villa again most probably.

Aging players are only worth getting if they can offer more than just being footballers.   Dion Dublin springs to mind.   A good influence off the pitch as well as class personified on the pitch.   Don''t think Keane falls into that category. 

I think we need more dynamism in the final third but Keane would add additional quality.

He came in & did well for Villa last season, with our debt having to be paid off in the summer, we don''t have a great deal of surplus cash for transfers. If we got a player of quality in on a short-term deal & they helped secure our PL status & future revenue then its a no brainer.

Would be a big yes from me, undeniable this guy is talent. Might be a bit on the older side, but he would definitely turn heads in our direction.
Would be a good move, in my opinion. Not like he is known for being a doctor''s note either.

I would have him here definitely, a proven premiership goalscorer, in form at his current club and if it doesn''t work out we have not thrown millions away.

With players now out on loan or seemingly not in first team plans I don''t think squad places would be an issue. We may make a couple of good signings in January but with money tight and prices at that time of year pretty high, a couple of month loan move for someone like Keane would be good business imo. He played well for Villa last year and at 32 is not quite passed it yet.

Just Robbie Keane amongst the squad would be good personally he was always the striker I would build a club around a few years ago and it our be a coup to bring the finisher of r Kane''s ability to carrow road. I also agree we could still look for another player but for 9 games or so his influence on and off the field could be amazing

[quote user="Monty13"]I would have him here definitely, a proven premiership goalscorer, in form at his current club and if it doesn''t work out we have not thrown millions away.

With players now out on loan or seemingly not in first team plans I don''t think squad places would be an issue. We may make a couple of good signings in January but with money tight and prices at that time of year pretty high, a couple of month loan move for someone like Keane would be good business imo. He played well for Villa last year and at 32 is not quite passed it yet.[/quote]I don''t remember him playing THAT well for Villa.It a no from me.

I think it would be quite a good move. This guy can finish, he''s got experience and he would have a good influence on the group imo. It would be a good move on the short term...not the long term naturally. But I think spending money on players is better to be done in the off season.

You know what you get from Robbie Keane. He''s a very good footballer who also works hard.

Usually seems to be one of those players who scores goals in patches.

Have to think he would very much strengthen our squad in the short term.

Has worked with Hughton before when he was in very good form at Spurs. I would say a cautious ''yes'' to this; with a view to bringing in a good young striker in the summer.

Why would you not want Robbie Keane at Norwich, he is still a class act and probably just what we need to add to our striker selection which is a little limited to say the least, would be brilliant seeing Holty trot off on seventy minutes to be replaced by Robbie Keane or visa versa!!! 

with any short term loanee taking one of the 25 player berths I am struggling to see a benefit - max of what 9 games disrupting the squad with no commitment or long term options.

any loan deal has to be for the remainder of the season.

So no - not keane