Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Morison Forest bound??

Cantiaci exactly there are many other players who I would see leave prior to Morison as we need premiership players in our team. For me fox is not good enough and certainly would not be a starter for many champ clubs, yes he can spread the ball but his defensive play and when we haven''t got the ball is not good enough. I also agree with the need of that midfielder, I wonder if russ or Whittaker could fill in that role if needed.

To say that David Fox would not be a starter for many Championship clubs is absurd in my opinion. In the Championship season we got promoted he was one of our most important and influential players. He was effectively the deep lying playmaker in that diamond. Picking the ball up (often under pressure) and distributing the ball quickly, turning defence into attack. There are not many players in that division who can do that.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]To say that David Fox would not be a starter for many Championship clubs is absurd in my opinion. In the Championship season we got promoted he was one of our most important and influential players. He was effectively the deep lying playmaker in that diamond. Picking the ball up (often under pressure) and distributing the ball quickly, turning defence into attack. There are not many players in that division who can do that.[/quote]

What he said.

why are we undervaluing our own players?

Morison thrived as the lone striker in the prem early last season, his performances exceedings holts in the same role, but holt comfortably out performing morison as a front pair when we embedded the diamond. That seems to have knocked morisons confidence but he caused prem defences a headache early last year - and that puts him well in excess of £2m. A run of games as our lone striker may reinforce that but no need to change that at the mo.

as far as fox is concerned again the selective memories come in, when fox replaced bj last year we pick up points, our possession retention went up and he won the ball back more than BJ did. BJ has done well this year and Fox looks of the pace; but fox performed at prem level so will comfortably perform well in most champs teams.

some times I wonder if city fans intentionally play up to the inbred normal for norfolk stereotype perpetuated outside of norfolk.

I don''t think Morro will go in Jan. £2mill wouldn''t be an unfair price.

I don''t think his value has moved up that much and he is halfway through a contract right now.

The real thing we lack going forward is a Lacey natural finisher.

I have read elsewhere that we are looking at Maribor striker Robert Beric. He is 21 and 6''2" with 18 goals in 71 appearances.

When playing two holding/defensive midfielder we need to be playing two strikers but our two wingers and full backs ain''t doing enough! thats why we keep playing west to create but he has he''s limitations!             morro     holt                                                                            pilk             BJ         tettey   snodgrass                                                                            J.G             Bass      Turner  martin/whittFullbacks/wingback should be allowed to come up and cross into the box allowing the wingers to cut in.aAso the winger should be putting more crosses onto heads of our strikers. So mixture of full/wing back and winger crossing, and wingers to come in  attimes to shoot or to make up numbers in the opposition half.

[quote user="canarygirl"]NFN is a feature of this board from time to time.[/quote]

When not racing horses with Russel Howard!

[quote user="smooth"]Cantiaci exactly there are many other players who I would see leave prior to Morison as we need premiership players in our team. For me fox is not good enough and certainly would not be a starter for many champ clubs, yes he can spread the ball but his defensive play and when we haven''t got the ball is not good enough. I also agree with the need of that midfielder, I wonder if russ or Whittaker could fill in that role if needed.[/quote]

You are intitled to you''re opinion on Fox but to say he isn''t even good enough for Championship is crazy talk, in fact it''s ''IPSWICH CRAZY'' talk ..... I firmly believe Fox will play a few games of importance this season for us and is worthy of a place in our squad but if as you say he was to leave i''m sure nearly all of the Championships top teams would be after him, a player would keeps things ticking over but can supply that deadly killer pass in a tight tense game (Portsmouth away- Jackson= Promotion) !!!!

OTBC !!!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="canarygirl"]NFN is a feature of this board from time to time.[/quote]

When not racing horses with Russel Howard![/quote]

Poor Karl, we should always keep a sense of humor, disgraceful incident !