Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Everton match thread!

Well done Norwich and Mr Hughton. Great result and an excellent time to score. Have had a quick look through this thread and am horrified by some of the negative postings from people who claim to be Norwich fans, why do you bother to support a team if all you want to do is critisise it, You should all clear off and support Manchester United, I assume most of you are from Yarmouth anyway!  

Oil you are right there is a reason why the pundits, betting groups have us in the mix for relegation, our summer additions are a different breed from the existing players.

We need additions in January, def striking options. To be honest poor performances can bring points but it does not make you feel like we have the quality to go win a game. We are competing, scrappy and ticking a long. But I agree that mini league so far hasn''t been fruitful.

Another forgettable performance, but an amazing point, to get a point at Goodison is amazing. If we actually had quality in the final third what could this club achieve.

Big games with Sunderland and Soton, if we can get four points that would be great but with the form of these two we could look at 6 points.

But again what could we achieve with genuine quality in the final third.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]technika your point is completely invalid because pretty much all our best chances occurred before the substitution...[/quote]

yes but we scored??? (instead of missing them)

Pleased with that perhaps everton should have got all 3 but thought our second half was decent enough to earn a draw

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are these match threads always this informative[:^)]

[/quote]

I have never seen so many Mark Lawrensons on the same thread.Don''t think i will bother going down to the ticket office on Monday to buy West Brom tickets and put the West Ham application in as you can stay at home and learn so much more from the experts on here.Tactics,substitutions,formations,selections you have it all for free sitting behind your laptop whilst in the warmth and comfort of your own home.[:D]

[/quote]

This ...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]technika your point is completely invalid because pretty much all our best chances occurred before the substitution...[/quote]

lmaoit doesnt matter how many chances you make if youre 1 nil down and DONT SCORE. My comments have all been based on the negative way city are playing/lining up, we are better when we attack and play more than one up front, the spurs game and last ten minutes today are obvious examples that spring to mindits a good point but very lucky

Watching Final Score; Jonathan Pearce and Garth Crooks etc seem very complimentary of the performance today and say the point was deserved. I think recent results have made up for the ''should have wons'' against QPR and the Hammers earlier this season. Great stuff massive result. OTBC.

But he has such a wonderfully entertaining way of making his points the accuracy hardly matters.

I think coming on this thread was a mistake. What a waste of forum space these match threads appear to be...

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are these match threads always this informative[:^)]

[/quote]

I have never seen so many Mark Lawrensons on the same thread.Don''t think i will bother going down to the ticket office on Monday to buy West Brom tickets and put the West Ham application in as you can stay at home and learn so much more from the experts on here.Tactics,substitutions,formations,selections you have it all for free sitting behind your laptop whilst in the warmth and comfort of your own home.[:D]

[/quote]

This ...
[/quote]

Don''t forget you can have a nice cup of tea poured out of a teapot with a biscuit too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think coming on this thread was a mistake. What a waste of forum space these match threads appear to be...

[/quote]

My dear nutty nigel, each to their own. No-one forces anyone to read or respond to any thread. If you choose to join in you must accept that some of it will differ from your opinion. That is what makes this board.

If we all agreed with one another, what a boring place it would be.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Gingerpele"]technika your point is completely invalid because pretty much all our best chances occurred before the substitution...[/quote]

lmaoit doesnt matter how many chances you make if youre 1 nil down and DONT SCORE. My comments have all been based on the negative way city are playing/lining up, we are better when we attack and play more than one up front, the spurs game and last ten minutes today are obvious examples that spring to mindits a good point but very lucky[/quote]

It wasn''t lucky, you don''t have a clue.

We are unbeaten in 6 with two up top for about 15 mins of those 6 games. We SHOULD have scored earlier, we weren''t lucky.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

It wasn''t lucky, you don''t have a clue.

We are unbeaten in 6 with two up top for about 15 mins of those 6 games. We SHOULD have scored earlier, we weren''t lucky.[/quote]so a bundled over the line goal in the 89th minute is not lucky? ? ?

i didnt say it wasnt deservedcity were cr@p though for the majority of the game until hughton eventually made attacking changes, if that had been done much earlier or even from the start it might have been 3 points

[quote user="lake district canary"]Please stop repeating these offensive tweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Sorry LDC but I think someone ought to do something about it.  I don''t Tweet so I don''t know how to???

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Gingerpele"] It wasn''t lucky, you don''t have a clue. We are unbeaten in 6 with two up top for about 15 mins of those 6 games. We SHOULD have scored earlier, we weren''t lucky.[/quote]

so a bundled over the line goal in the 89th minute is not lucky? ? ?

i didnt say it wasnt deserved

city were cr@p though for the majority of the game until hughton eventually made attacking changes, if that had been done much earlier or even from the start it might have been 3 points

[/quote]

Were you there???

I don''t care how well/badly Norwich play when they come away from Goodison Park with a point.

Everton have been flying this season. We were perhaps fortunate playing them when they were without Fellaini, Neville and Mirallas, but Everton have created a bucketful of chances in recent matches and I wouldn''t have said they did against Norwich. A good battling, competent performance.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

yes but we scored??? (instead of missing them)

Pleased with that perhaps everton should have got all 3 but thought our second half was decent enough to earn a draw

[/quote]

thing is though, the attacking subs aren''t the reason we scored.

Assist by Garrido, goal by Bassong.

Everton got early points this season, we did not. Everton have kept their early acheived position through draws, we have climbed. Everton''s current form is far inferior to ours. Everton now have some tough games, we have just played tough teams, won or drawn.

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

My dear nutty nigel, each to their own. No-one forces anyone to read or respond to any thread. If you choose to join in you must accept that some of it will differ from your opinion. That is what makes this board.

If we all agreed with one another, what a boring place it would be.

[/quote]

Indeed. And on reflection if I have nothing better to do another time I shall return and join in just as I did today. I''m equally happy in the gutter as I am in the stars[;)]

Me?

I am more than chuffed with an away point at a team 9 places above us and pushing for Champions League place. I wasn''t expecting an all out attacking display.

second half showed what was missing in the first, any fire passion or enthusiasm.

Tettey or bassong motm for me, but a fantastic point with the second half showing the progress we have made, the first how easy it could be to slip back

Why is it that when people who were actually at the game get to post their reports they never relate to anything written on here by the spotty oiks who peered at a dodgy internet stream through a computer screen stained with god only knows what.....

Anyone can see we''re crap and need to replace Hoolahan and Snodgrass.....

We only got a point today because Fellaini was suspended.  With him in the Everton team, we''d have lost 5-0.  Hoolahan was awful, Snodgrass was dreadful, Pilkington was woeful, Holt was shocking, Johnson was lazy, Tettey was dopey, Garrido was angry, Whittaker was sleepy, Bunn was happy, Bassong was sneezy and we let Doc go completely in 2010.  Sack the f*cking lot of them and pick a team out of the Barclay End who''ll give you 90 minutes of pride, passion, playing for the shirt and fist-pumping commitment to the cause.  Champions League here we come.