Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Everton match thread!

Moyes was furious enough when the free kick was awarded, would love to have seen his face when it went in!

Smash and grab, the Everton fans thought it was all done and dusted, even before kick off. Brilliant result and some character to get back into it.

Just hope Ruddy''s injury not too serious.

Yeah shame about Ruddy but Bunn is an excellent keeper so I''m not worried at all.

[quote user="unique"]Very good second-half performance and a fantastic point(even if the free-kick was extremely fortunate)...about time the luck changed.

Four points from the last two matches has been immense.[/quote]

I don''t think our luck has changed, it wasn''t exactly not a FK, Baines did push him in the back, Morison was off balance, but Baines made contact, as soon as he puts his hand on Morison he''s asking to give away the FK.

Our luck is still as bad as ever in front of goal, Pilks pulling the ball back just doesn''t quite come off. Holt rushing in on Howard, great save from FK, Bassong hitting ball with shoulder rather than head in first half, just to mention a few. Mix of poorness and bad luck.

nigel youre a bellend

good point, 5h1te performance, negative tactics all the way and took way too long to make the changes, like i said, same negative style as the reading game, funny how we switch to an attacking formation and then scoresnodgrass and hoolahan should have gone off at half time. they were rubbish

if hughton set them out to win games from the off then they are more than capable of doing it

I must say there is a lot of negative vibes on here today lol I''m the first to moan and whinge about the "CH way" but its grinding out results against decent sides that is changing my opinion.I prefer "proper" skillful football (rather than hoofing and defending so deep) but to be fair we don''t have an world class players so...

Snodgrass goes off and we finally put a decent delivery into the box to score. No connection there! (cough, cough)

[quote user="technika"]nigel youre a bellend

good point, 5h1te performance, negative tactics all the way and took way too long to make the changes, like i said, same negative style as the reading game, funny how we switch to an attacking formation and then scoresnodgrass and hoolahan should have gone off at half time. they were rubbish

if hughton set them out to win games from the off then they are more than capable of doing it[/quote]

So you are just going to ignore the fact that pretty much all our good chances came before changing formation/substitutions? Well done.

Who cares if it wasn''t ''''pretty'''' to watch, we could have lost it, but we managed to scrap a point and continue our 7 games unbeaten run. Everton was no means ever going to be an easy game, some peoples expectations might be a bit too high after the United win.

Hoolahan sloppy *** passing and given the ball away a few times. did not improvePilkington been invisible. improved slightlySnodgrass hasn''t done enough. did not improveWhittaker fault for goal. improved

if hughton set them out to win games from the off then they are more than capable of doing it[/quote]

And Everton would have probably put 3/4 past us. We need to play this way to survive, people forget we wern''t great the second half of last season playing attacking football. This is how you consistently get results at places like this away from home, frustrate for 70 mins then attack at the end and once again it''s worked.

Stop bashing individual players, the entire team played shite in the first half, apart from Ruddy making a few decent stops.

Second half was much better, and we come away with a point. No need to bash anyone, yes the first half wasn''t good enough, but we righted it with a good showing in the second that earnt us a late goal.

All in all, 4 points against Manure and away at Goodison? I''d take that!

Unbeaten in 6 now too

Deserved point with Everton having the first half and us the second. It''s going to take a special effort to beat us at the moment. It''s not to pretty but it''s bloody effective and will see us comfortably mid table.

good point, 5h1te performance, negative tactics all the way and took way too long to make the changes, like i said, same negative style as the reading game, funny how we switch to an attacking formation and then score

snodgrass and hoolahan should have gone off at half time. they were rubbish

if hughton set them out to win games from the off then they are more than capable of doing it
[/quote]

What else do you do for fun?

Both Snodgrass and Pilkington came close after you''d have subbed them. Towards the end of the game we went for the point keeping    Holt on with the subs. If we''d started the game like that we''d have been anhialated.

You are probably more ignorant than I originally thought. And that takes some doing[Y]

We shouldn''t have had to grind or scrap a point.

We had plenty of chances early second half, some late first half. Was no need to start playing desperately late on to get the point. Don''t know how we can continue to miss the same kind of match winning chances week in week out, in games we''ve lost, won and drawn.

Doesn''t matter how good Everton are, or that they were at home, we had the opportunities and yet again failed to convert. Good point, but shouldn''t have needed an 89th minute equaliser, should have come early second half and then seen what happens.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Hats off to Hughton. A very good point. Deserved for a solid second half.Showed they can fight back from a goal down too.[/quote]

And not to mention done so on the road at Goodison Park.Bravo to Hughton and his half time talk.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are these match threads always this informative[:^)]

[/quote]

I have never seen so many Mark Lawrensons on the same thread.Don''t think i will bother going down to the ticket office on Monday to buy West Brom tickets and put the West Ham application in as you can stay at home and learn so much more from the experts on here.Tactics,substitutions,formations,selections you have it all for free sitting behind your laptop whilst in the warmth and comfort of your own home.[:D]

What more do you simpletons want? It''s away from home, we got a point, picking up points away from home and winning homes games. Incredibly good run of results in the Premiership, and I mean incredible. And still you moan. Un-be-lievable.

[quote user="ricardo"]Another great point and unbeaten run extended.Well pleased.[;)][/quote]^^^Pretty much this.Not really understanding peoples whingeing on here today.

To be fair, nearly everyone was calling for Morison to come on for Hoolahan which happened and Moro played a big part in the goal. Scrappy point, but  a very good result away at Goodison Park.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]Another great point and unbeaten run extended.Well pleased.[;)][/quote]^^^Pretty much this.Not really understanding peoples whingeing on here today.[/quote]

agreed

Yep Morty, unbelievable isn''t it? Agree with you guys. Good point, well played and we haven''t lost in 6 games. Didn''t let our heads drop and got the 1-1. Just hope JR is allright...

Well Everton will also be saying they should have won it as they had chances to finish it off, I know we''ve been struggling taking our chances, but at least we''re creating them.I was expecting a point, I feared the worse when we went a goal down, but overall I''m happy with a point.

People aren''t absolutely over the moon because the team have set a very high standard...

I can''t believe how some people still keep underestimating us, and i''m not just talking about outsiders. Yes a point away at Everton is good for any team, and i''m more than happy with a point. And to go 6 league games unbeaten is quite amazing. But we have set the standard, we are creating more than enough decent chances to win the games we are drawing.

So if any of you are refereeing to me with your insults, i''m sorry I am rating my team highly and am not in some fantasy land after a draw with Everton, we played well second half and could have easily scored 2 or 3 goals. In a way thats a very positive thing anyway, we have the solid foundations, we are very hard to beat at the back but we are still creating plenty of good chances.

Some extra shooting practise and we''ll do a West Brom. Who 3/4 weeks ago a few on here said would soon start to fall down the table, well they are still winning, still high up. We are good enough to move a few places up the table, we are playing well enough, we are great in defence. The only area we are lacking is finishing/occasionally final ball.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]I thought we''d lose both games so 4 pts is open top bus time for me!
[/quote]

With the weather as it is, you''d best wrap up warmly in a good raincoat with a brolly, my dear Carra Rud.