Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Arkadiusz Milik

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8275624/Stuttgart-expect-fierce-competition-for-Gornik-Zabrze-striker-Arkadiusz-Milik

What about this guy? Compared to Lewandowski, only 18yrs old and recently made senior debut for Poland. Interestingly valued at around £3.5m and linked to Villa, Everton, Inter, Anderlecht, Stuttgart etc. A friend of mine who knows a bit about Polish players was saying this guy has good potential, but the obvious worry is the competition from other clubs like Inter, Lyon etc. Doesn''t mean they''ll bid for him, but you know what I mean..get in there early and all that jazz.

Would love for us to be at least in the mix for a player like this but it justs seems to obvious, we never sign obvious players....

According to the GM the other night someone said that Hughton has been watching games in Belgium, I''m not sure if that was an accurate comment or just one used to illustrate a point but does anyone have any idea at what games and who he was looking at?

I''m not sure, but that was definitely good news to hear as the Belgian League is producing some good players. I know people mentioned us getting Tettey from France too and maybe we have a scout there. Chester has 3 scouts in Europe so maybe the other 1 is in Eastern Europe.

Yep, so far Tettey looks a bargain hopefully we''ll pick up some more like him, preferably a couple of strikers.

Think we''ve got scouts in three Western European countries now and Ewen Chester is apparently continually spreading the net further.

I read these threads with interest but I have absolutely no idea about the qualities of the players you mention. How do you know if they''re any good?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Think we''ve got scouts in three Western European countries now and Ewen Chester is apparently continually spreading the net further.

I read these threads with interest but I have absolutely no idea about the qualities of the players you mention. How do you know if they''re any good?

[/quote]

I personally don''t fella, but I''m taking the interest in him and comparisons as a guideline and my friend''s opinion who knows a bit about Polish players. It''s just another name in the hat really! I guess we''ll be taking a calculated risk with whoever we get from abroad unless they''re already quite proven. I''m loving the sound of Ewan Chester and his ''network'' in Europe too. Hopefully we reap rewards from this shortly (unless he had a hand in Tettey? In which case we already have!)

The player I''d really like to get is Colombian striker Carlos Bacca of Club Brugge who this season already has scored 13 goals in 12 league games

He only arrived at Brugge in January but I suppose if you threw enough money at them they''d be willing to part ways.

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]The player I''d really like to get is Colombian striker Carlos Bacca of Club Brugge who this season already has scored 13 goals in 12 league games He only arrived at Brugge in January but I suppose if you threw enough money at them they''d be willing to part ways.[/quote]

He looks to have a good record. Would add a bit of Colombian flair! lol.

I would have loved someone like Arouna Kone who is a bargain at £3.5m and proven in the Eredivisie and La Liga. Real pace and power. Someone like that who would be a great partner for Holt/Moro and be an upgrade on Simeon

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I personally don''t fella, but I''m taking the interest in him and comparisons as a guideline and my friend''s opinion who knows a bit about Polish players. It''s just another name in the hat really! I guess we''ll be taking a calculated risk with whoever we get from abroad unless they''re already quite proven. I''m loving the sound of Ewan Chester and his ''network'' in Europe too. Hopefully we reap rewards from this shortly (unless he had a hand in Tettey? In which case we already have!)

[/quote]

I think Chester had a hand in Tettey and we can expect a few more. I find these threads interesting. I watch the foreign leagues but only with regards to stats for Rays Funds selections. I picked a game in Algeria this week and got my fingers burnt! If you guys have a view on these leagues or of course domestic matches we''d love your input on Rays Funds each week