Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Passing a simple ball and ooofffiiinnggg the ball upfield

When I was young, I was taught to pass a ball to your team mate and not give it away...otherwise you are giving your opposing team a chance to score against you...schoolboy stuff.

How many times did you count this-evening Norwich passing the ball to Man City players, giving it away or ooofffiiinngg the ball upfield to David James when a simple pass to your team mate would have sufficed? 30 times? 40 times? 50 times?

I DON''T CARE WHAT STICK I GET FROM THIS POST....BUT THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! WHY GIVE YOUR OPPOSING TEAM THE BALL? LETTING THEM WIN IT BACK IS ONE THING...BUT NOT GIVE IT TO THEM!

Some of our players needs basic lessons in passing.

You won''t get stick from me, you''re right in what you say. Sadly, we''ve not got the quality in midfield. Bentley gave us fleeting glances of it, but that''s about it. Our defence is poor - although I thought Shackell did well tonight against Fowler, a seasoned international player, and Drury had his best game for a while against the superb SWP. However, in midfield we lack the combined pace, strength, ability and, above all, belief and desire, that all other midfields in the Premiership seem to have.

[quote]When I was young, I was taught to pass a ball to your team mate and not give it away...otherwise you are giving your opposing team a chance to score against you...schoolboy stuff. How many times did ...[/quote]

Canary Boy, your passion is acknowledged, but .... we were (in the words of Queen David of Mercury) under pressure.  We will survive, Worthy is our King, and KEEP THE FAITH.

[quote]When I was young, I was taught to pass a ball to your team mate and not give it away...otherwise you are giving your opposing team a chance to score against you...schoolboy stuff. How many times did ...[/quote]

I agree completely Canary Boy, and perhaps we should also mention leaving a player up front for opposition corners, so that when we head the ball clear it doesn''t always come straight back in again.  How many times tonight did we have spare players in our box who were marking nobody.

Our manager and coaching staff may well have coaching qualifications up the ying yang, but unfortunately they cannot seem to master some of the basic and relatively simple skills needed to play football.

I understand all of your points...and agree with them. I have cooled off a bit now since last night and fully realise that it isn''t over yet. But just kicking the ball upfield to David James? Surely they must realise that it is going to come straight back again. I hate that. You work so hard to get the ball, only to give it away again so cheaply.

However, defending seems to be our priority. We started the season with one of the best defenses...with 0-0 draws all over the place...even against some of the top teams. What has changed?