Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Unbeaten for how long???

I don''t really want to talk this up,  but with the way CH has got the team performing, it is possible that we could get points from the next 5 fixtures which would see us unbeaten until Boxing Day!! Dare we dream that far ahead???

Some very, very tough games in there. Thought we''d lose yesterday, but we came back strong as Everton started to tire. In all honesty, I don''t expect anything from West Brom or Swansea and I''m nervous about Southampton away too!:(

They are all tough games but we are more than capable of getting wins against Southampton, Sunderland and Wigan. 20+ points by Christmas Day would be really good and something to build on into the new year, hopefully with a two legged Cup Semi to look forward to also !!!

Just take every game as it comes and enjoy it while it lasts. I, being the eternal pessimist always expect the next game to be the loss, I have no idea why and have no grounds to base it on, but it has made for some lovely surprises of late!

[quote user="splutcho"]Just take every game as it comes and enjoy it while it lasts. I, being the eternal pessimist always expect the next game to be the loss, I have no idea why and have no grounds to base it on, but it has made for some lovely surprises of late![/quote]That''s how I always go into games thinking, I''m never confident we''ll get a win. But when we draw or win, it just feels better when it''s unexpected.I''m enjoying are little run though, hope it continues.

[quote user="York Canary"]Some very, very tough games in there. Thought we''d lose yesterday, but we came back strong as Everton started to tire. In all honesty, I don''t expect anything from West Brom or Swansea and I''m nervous about Southampton away too!:(
[/quote]

Earlier in the season, then maybe, but on current form? Let''s see :

Southampton (last 2 games):

.....beating QPR when even 1p5wich could have scored more against them.......

.....beating Newcastle at home when they have gone into freefall - (who also lost at home to Wet Spam and Swansea!)

Norwich City (only going to mention the last 7 games):

..... beat Arsenal at home

..... beat Spurs at home

..... beat Stoke at home

..... beat Man Utd at home

..... draw with Villa away

..... draw with Reading away (who incidentally beat Everton the following week)

..... draw with Everton away

Now, let me think, who has the most to fear? Southampton or Norwich?

Bearing in mind we did the "double" over Swansea and beat West Brom in 2 out of 3 games last season, I see no reason why we can''t carry the run on for most of the rest of this year [Y]