Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 15

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thanks GPele. You make some good points. It''s a fine balancing act between getting the picks in asap and waiting for more fixtures to arrive on Bet365 and coping with the forum''s technical issues. 48/50 has been the norm now for the last couple of seasons and they''re a very good and very commited team. I think we need to do something of a recruitment drive before next season though. There''s a lot of good and knowledgable posters on here who we never seem to attract onto our thread.

If you are still waiting for more selections Purple then I don''t mind how late you post your picks. [Y]

[/quote]

Thanks, nutty. I am relaxed about how things are going (unless all those who plumped for Man Utd are having second thoughts...[:O]) but may put back my selection a bit. One point - a Monday game has been recommended. I assume that is OK?

I am much more concerned about the club''s financial position, in the wake of the accounts and the AGM. All this self-congratulation[}][{] I predicted is way off beam. The situation is really quite serious.[li] But that is for another time and another thread.[;)]

[/quote]

Monday games are fine buddy[Y]

There was a question from a self-confessed accountant last night. I couldn''t see who he was from my position on the right wing but I did,''t recognise his voice[;)] Could he have been one of ours I wonder[^o)]

Partizan to win at home against Smederevo in Sebian Super League

Sid has given the stats, but just to add that BET365 has Partizan to win at 1/8 with the draw at 6/1 and a Smederevo

win at 12/1.

Good luck Purple and all PUPs

MC

[quote user="PKC"]I''m going for Grimsby to win at Gatehead in the blue square this week[/quote]

Unfortunately that is not until December 4, PKC. Grimsby are in the FA Trophy this weekend.

Thanks for that Purple in that case I will stay with the Gs and go for Gillingham to win at Accrington in League 2.

[quote user="PKC"]Thanks for that Purple in that case I will stay with the Gs and go for Gillingham to win at Accrington in League 2.[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Ok, might as well kick this off. I''m heading to Turkey for a Besiktas HOME WIN over Akhisar Bele. Best of Luck![/quote]

Sadly, NYC, being played tonight!

One for consideration Purple, Coventry are flying under Mr Robins up against a Portsmouth team struggling to send out the same team twice. With odds of 4/5 (Ladbrokes) this might just be value of the day?

Good luck to all.

After their win last week I''m sticking with Austria Vienna who are flying (won the last five) whereas their visitors SV Mattersburg are not (haven''t won for an age).

I have Trent Canary''s selection rescued from Facebook : -

Botev Plovdiv to beat Evrokolezh in the Bulgarian Cup please. This is an early start on Saturday Morning, but am very confident it would not ruin the weekend.

Botev are 4th in the premier league, and have won 10 of their last 12 home games. Evrokolezh are non-league and are no match. The first leg finished 0-3 and you would expect Botev to comfortably finish the job.

Best of luck all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Botev Plovdiv to beat Evrokolezh in the Bulgarian Cup please. This is an early start on Saturday Morning, but am very confident it would not ruin the weekend.

Botev are 4th in the premier league, and have won 10 of their last 12 home games. Evrokolezh are non-league and are no match. The first leg finished 0-3 and you would expect Botev to comfortably finish the job.

Best of luck all!

[/quote]You beat me to it NN![:D]

Scottish Third Division where Annan Athletic (4-1-0-15-7) entertain Clyde (2--0-4-5-9). Clyde are on the crest of a slump having lost six and drawing one of their last seven games, whilst Annan are unbeaten at home.Annan Athletic v Clyde.......Home win. Good luck Purps. [Y]

[quote user="Diesel Doris"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Best of luck all!

[/quote]You beat me to it NN![:D][/quote]

Er, no odds on Bet365 at the moment...

Afternoon everyone

Selections this week from the MM household as follows:

MMMK           Elgin -v- RANGERS         AWAY WIN   

MM                  MAN UTD -v- QPR         HOME WIN

Good Luck everyone   [:D][:P]

My Mear Kat informs me that his pick of Rangers to beat Elgin has been postponed - not due to weather surprisingly but something to do with over-selling tickets!?

Could he replace this with:

Aldershot -v- PORT VALE Away Win

Many thanks and Good Luck again :)

Good evening me old muckers.

Athletico Madrid are in fine fettle with a home record of played six, won six, and while Sevilla are seventh in the league they are thirteen points behind and have lost three of six away games.

Athletico Madrid..... home win.

The very best of British luck to you all, even if you aren''t actually British.

Sincere thanks to everyone who posted. I looked very carefully at all the selections. "Strategy" is way too grandiose a term, but I did decide to pick a couple of games with reasonable odds to increase the winnings in the unlikely event that I have made the right choices. So, with all being home wins:

1) Manchester United versus Queens Park Rangers (too many nominators to mention). I did wonder whether the thought of Harry Redknapp watching from the stands might spur some previously comatose QPR players into action. But, against that, Man Utd did rest key personnel in midweek, and Rooney is back. If those two considerations cancel each other out then Man Utd are just better.

2) Cliftonville versus Lisburn Distillery (YankeeCanary). Lisburn''s league position suggests they have sampled their own products before playing.

3) PSG versus Troyes (swindoncanary, Beauseant, Scooby and gregt). According to L''Equipe the mad genius is back after suspension, which should see the obscenely rich Parisians return to winning ways in the league.

4) Middlesbrough versus Bristol City (vindo and Inch High). A team in form (a loss away to Cardiff is no disgrace) against a team out of form.

5) El Harrach versus USM Bel Abbes (nutty). A gauntlet well and truly thrown down here, Algeria being virgin territory for me, so I had to pick it up.

6) Austria Wien versus Mattersburg (Diesel Doris and SDP). As with Middlesbrough and Bristol City, so with these two.

For my choice I was torn between PSG and Austria Wien, but the latter play in purple...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sincere thanks to everyone who posted. I looked very carefully at all the selections. "Strategy" is way too grandiose a term, but I did decide to pick a couple of games with reasonable odds to increase the winnings in the unlikely event that I have made the right choices. So, with all being home wins:

1) Manchester United versus Queens Park Rangers (too many nominators to mention). I did wonder whether the thought of Harry Redknapp watching from the stands might spur some previously comatose QPR players into action. But, against that, Man Utd did rest key personnel in midweek, and Rooney is back. If those two considerations cancel each other out then Man Utd are just better.

2) Cliftonville versus Lisburn Distillery (YankeeCanary). Lisburn''s league position suggests they have sampled their own products before playing.

3) PSG versus Troyes (swindoncanary, Beauseant, Scooby and gregt). According to L''Equipe the mad genius is back after suspension, which should see the obscenely rich Parisians return to winning ways in the league.

4) Middlesbrough versus Bristol City (vindo and Inch High). A team in form (a loss away to Cardiff is no disgrace) against a team out of form.

5) El Harrach versus USM Bel Abbes (nutty). A gauntlet well and truly thrown down here, Algeria being virgin territory for me, so I had to pick it up.

6) Austria Wien versus Mattersburg (Diesel Doris and SDP). As with Middlesbrough and Bristol City, so with these two.

For my choice I was torn between PSG and Austria Wien, but the latter play in purple...[/quote]

Thanks for these Purple. They look nailed on and it''s nice to see recognition of the PUPs alongside each selection. I used to do this and think the reason I stopped was because I place the bet online so don''t have to type out the details. Perhaps I should make an effort to do this again. Ray always did and seeing it on your post makes me think "that''s how it should be". The pressure is on with my Algeria pick but it wasn''t made lightly. I properly researched it and I know your endorsement will have been the result of some close scrutiny.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £48.44. We start in Algeria at 2pm tomorrow followed by Manchester Utd and Middlesboro at 3pm, PSG at 4pm and Austria Wien at 5:30. All being well we will be undefeated overnight[S] and all through Sunday[H] and Sunday night[S] and all through Monday[H] to the evening when Cliftonville can hopefully complete the six at 7:45pm.[|-)]

[;)]

Good luck Purple and all you PUPs.