Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Free kick by baines on Morro

Just seen it again on MOTD. Live I couldn''t really tell as I was towards the back of our stand and it was right over the other side.

The replay clearly showed Baines push Morro a couple of times, the second time Morro was trying to play the ball and lost his balance. How anyone can say that''s a doubtful free kick is beyond me. Yes Morro went over "easily" but lookin at the replay that seems to me to be because he was about to pass the ball ( and therefore standing on one leg) not that it was deliberate.

He does push him a couple of times and Baines doesn''t really complain either. He just points further back to where the free kick should be taken. Couldn''t care less though as many have said (including BBC etc) that we deserved the equaliser. About time we had some good luck. Look at incidents like the qpr pen and Moro get his shirt tugged blatantly at Spurs

Yeah he doesn''t even "go down easily". He airkicks/loses his footing, which was helped by the push from Baines. Had he not lost his footing and gone down because of it, you probably would have said it was soft, but he hasn''t buckled his knees and dived, the nudge just makes him lose his footing. Free kick.

Morison was also hampered by the fact that he was kicking with his "wrong" foot, hence the balance problem of having to stand on his "wrong" foot to do it.    Not a criticism, I like to see players using both feet - Holt''s left foot shot for instance - but it didn''t help Moro in that situation where the nudge and the wet conditions - and  trying to deliver a pass with his left foot -  all contributed to his fall.   But still definitely a free kick.  

excellent still in the goals on sunday program with baines having both hands in the small of moros back. debate closed for me...

Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January !

[quote user="baldyboy"]Nexus you are a disgrace slagging off one of our own players like that!!! Are you perfect at your job everyday? [/quote]Nope, nobody is.But at least I make the effort and give it 100% everyday. If i do make a mistake I dont stand with my hands on my hips and blame a colleague I take it on the chin and get on with things.

Its ok for people to slag off others but not a bad word about Moro ?Your fickle attitude is a disgrace, I tell it how it is, if you cant accept it or have a decent counter arguement then lets see it before you get all high and mighty like you have never slagged off one of our own players.

I like Morison, he seems like a decent fella who wants to do well at our club but for one reason or another it just isn''t happening... wether that is to do with off the field contributing factors only those on the inside will truly know.

I think it would be best for him to have a fresh start at a new club and hopefully he will discover his Millwall form and confidence that made him a much sought after striker and we can bring someone fresh in who is early 20''s with pace, power, confidence and is ready to prove themselves in the best league in the world.... well that''s just my opinion on Morison anyway :)

otbc

How funny did he look when he was on the floor with his shorts pulled right up and his pasty legs out!? lol. Looked like a right old-school player when they had ''short'' shorts! Love it.

Couldn''t see from where we were standing. On MOTD just looked like an air kick to me. Put it liked this - if we were the defending team would have said it was soft! But you take the decisions when you get them...

It was a ''soft'' free kick, but - if a striker is heading AWAY from goal, while out by the touchline, 30-35 yards away from the goal line, what is a player of Baines'' quality thinking by making any sort of challenge on him? If a player is pressing on another and the latter goes down, it''s always gonna be a free kick.

A well earned and deserved point in my opinion.

Now bring on Southampton....

Frank Sinclair was commenting on it yesterday on Goals On Sunday and pointed out that Morro''s airkick wasn''t one that you could "do on purpose"-that is, make part of a dive. Moro was in process of playing the ball and the two handed "assist" he got helped in his losing balance and falling.

One of those you get one minute, you don''t the next. But you could at least see a reason it was given.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January ![/quote]
What about the other 9 goals he scored last season? Some of which include game winners vs Sunderland (h), West Brom (a), QPR (a)? If we''d only drawn these games, we''d have had 6 points less, having us finished 16th. Which for the finance lovers out there, is a fair few quid less in prize money. 
Just so you know; Jackson, Vaughan, Hoolahan, Pilks, Bennett, Johnson, Surman... well, everyone of our players except Grant Holt scored less goals than Steve Morison. So what you have against him may need to be re-evaluated.
Back on topic, didn''t see much in the free kick. But it''s not as if he dived. He slipped at worst, and the referee gave it.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.
And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.

Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January !
[/quote]

Dear god, you really are a knuckle dragger of the highest order. I bet that brain cell of yours gets really lonely sometimes.

The problem with this "is it or isn''t it a free kick?" debate isn''t helped in the slightest by the idiot talking heads on the TV and Radio who constantly maintain that (and I quote Danny Mills- who was damn good on Celeb Masterchef and gave me a lot of respect for the lad) "If you feel a touch, you''re entitled to go over". Now, if it''s good enough to win you a penalty then why is it not good enough to win a free kick? It''s utterly ruining the game.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.
And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.

Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January !
[/quote]

Dear god, you really are a knuckle dragger of the highest order. I bet that brain cell of yours gets really lonely sometimes.

[/quote]

He''s searching for its twin so that, when found, he can apply for plant status.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January ![/quote]

[/quote]Rather than flaming me give a constructive reason why I am wrong, if your half a brain cell can construct one that is.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Captain Useless air balled and fell on his arse somehow winning a free kick !  Hilarious stuff.And also Moro''s biggest contribution to the club since his "Fantastic Form" 12 months ago and  "That Goal" at Arsenal.Surely has increased his sale price by half a Curley Wurley. If he keeps this up we can charge one whole out of date Xmas Selection Box for his services in January ![/quote]
What about the other 9 goals he scored last season? Some of which include game winners vs Sunderland (h), West Brom (a), QPR (a)? If we''d only drawn these games, we''d have had 6 points less, having us finished 16th. Which for the finance lovers out there, is a fair few quid less in prize money. 
Just so you know; Jackson, Vaughan, Hoolahan, Pilks, Bennett, Johnson, Surman... well, everyone of our players except Grant Holt scored less goals than Steve Morison. So what you have against him may need to be re-evaluated.
Back on topic, didn''t see much in the free kick. But it''s not as if he dived. He slipped at worst, and the referee gave it.
[/quote]Noted under "Fantastic Form" which expired 12 months ago.His contribution at the time was fantastic. A lot like how Chris Martin scored a bag full for us to get us out of League one, yet its ok for people to slate him and call him a lump ? In the same way Moro''s goals got us somewhere as did Chris''s.Our saviour Moro however who once again has done nothing since " That Goal" is untouchabloe and we should get behind a guy who is showing the same ( if not worse ) body language and comitment than Super Chris ?Just food for thought, sorry you cant take it on board.And NO i am  not comapring Morrison to Martin. I have said a billion times I like Martin''s style but now I feel he will not reach his potential and by no means think he should be in our pecking order of strikers.Love how when I say something about Moro that people can not accept I am the small minded knuckle dragger !Football is fickle, and Moro is a big boy.I''ve also been he first to say that all will be forgiven if the bloke starts to look like he gives a damn. At the moment the only place he looks to be scoring is at home with his Mrs !

11 Premier League goals and 2 Premier League Manager''s who''ve forgotten more about football than you''ll ever know that think he''s good enough. Not to mention that he''s more often than not first choice striker for his country.

There you go. You''re wrong. Now grow the f**k up and get off his back.

Nexus, you are very very over the top.

You don''t like Morison, we get it.

Fact is, he''s a Premiership and international striker. Ok a lot of players are, but there are a hell of a lot more who aren''t. He isn''t crap. I''m not his biggest fan, but the way you take the pi$$ is just ridiculous really, I can''t believe any fan would moan so much about one of their own players who''s never done anything wrong.

If we had Joey Barton here, fair enough. But Moro isn''t a bad player, he isn''t a racist/cheater/idiot/etc that many other players appear to be these days. Just get off his back, you don''t have to like him, but if he were as bad as you make him out to be Lambert never would have signed him and/or Hughton would have released him the day he joined.

Hope he starts and scores a hattrick on Wednesday, not for him, not for the team, but just to shut you up for a few weeks.

I bet you find something to criticise him on if he does score a hattrick :P

Maybe his haircut? I mean what is he thinking trying to grow his hair? Doesn''t work. Same with Tierney, and I think Crofts had a go too, what is it with baldies these days?

Nope to be fair GP.I will always support Norwich and want us to do well regardless of whos in the squad. Moro however has shown nothing in a year. His attitude stinks as does his work rate.He is a shadow of the guy who was scoring for fun a year ago and you have to ask what the problem is.Its increasingly frustraiting to watch him stop and tea pot or rant at a team mate over a ball that would have had anyone else in our team chase down.If its not to feet he tea pots, if it goes long he tea pots.Actually on a positive his ball control seems to be getting a bit better of late, but I for one was sick of watching a "prem" or even "pub" standard player toe punt the ball 10 metres ( ok a bit ott ) with his first touch.His work rate and game beg the question, would he even make the bench if we had another striker at the club ?Will he be here in January ?TBH I will stop moaning and give him the credit due when he does something to get the credit.Its the blind plaudits of a player who is not 100% up for it that anoys me. If anyone else is having a rough time its drop him from the team or blame him for all, but Moro is exempt ?

A second attacker was needed by the manager on Saturday. He introduced Morrison after 75 minutes. He left Jackson on the bench until 89 minutes.

Now doesn''t this tell you something?

Doesn''t this tell you that the manager doesn''t have the same opinion of Morrison that you have? Or does the manager feel that Jackson is even worse than your opinion of Morrison in which case what the hell are they both doing on our bench?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"] in which case what the hell are they both doing on our bench?[/quote]

Lack of other options. I agree with Nexus on this. Morisson just needs to up his work rate and he''ll soon be scoring goals again. He is a good player on his day, but he doesn''t seem interested enough to have those days very often.

As to why he got on before Simeon, its probably more a tactical thing than one is better than the other. At that stage of the game, against a team that don''t leave much space behind their back-line, a big man will always be the better option than pace.

Overall though, neither of them are good enough to keep us in the prem, so would happily see them both leave in Jan, assuming the right people come in. Imagine if Holt was injured and we were left with Morisson and Simeon, would put a lot of pressure on the midfield guys to get some goals! Although, Morisson does seem to play better when he is "Number 1" option and is the main man, seems to up his workrate then, which results in goals!!!

Vazza wrote:

Overall though, neither of them are good enough to keep us in the prem, so would happily see them both leave in Jan, assuming the right people come in.

I can''t really disagree with that too much but I would say that continually berating a player does little good, especially, as you put it when we have ''lack of options''.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]. I can''t really disagree with that too much but I would say that continually berating a player does little good, especially, as you put it when we have ''lack of options''.[/quote]

Agreed, especially as he seems to have taken it on board and reacted negatively too it. Now if it went the other way, and he saw the things that are being said and thought "I''m going to go out and prove them wrong" then it would have been great. But his morale seems to have dropped and that isn''t doing anyone any favours