Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Danny Graham

I don''t think it is off topic jacksons contract is up in the summer and to be honest he will be on the move. He hasn''t done enough to warrant another contract here first season played a bit part. Championship season scored only in the last month. Last season pretty redundant and so far this year again pretty invisible.

Not interested in his effort, which is average. He is simply a player who because of our rise has become redundant. I would expect if we can''t sell him in jan then he will leave.

So it is right to discuss this as with Kane returning to spurs, Vaughan out of hughtons thinkings, Martin looking to be shown the door, we are left with Morison and holt. Hence in January we need a starting striker to put pressure on holt to do more than just being a nuisance, possibly another bright spark with pace, creativity and an ability above what we have already.

Graham will be ok if he came here but I would expect another striker in jan or at least in the summer.

I''d have him here in a heartbeat, works hard, good link up player, very good finisher and can play the lone striker role well. 5M is a steal is this comes off!

Did anybody see James Nursey''s tweet about who Hughton''s apparent No1 target is in January, striker Cameron Jerome!

If its turns out to be true I''m not sure how I would feel about that, abit CMS in that he''s better than nowt but I would expect us to push the boundaries a wee bit more if possible in our quest for a decent sticker to add to our mix, especially with the financial gains of staying up this season.

That''s not quite what he said. He said Jerome is one option.

"Hughton definitely after new #NCFC striker in Jan. Targetman makes sense. Heard Cameron Jerome is 1 option"

https://twitter.com/JamesNursey/status/273399920021622785

[quote user="sjs7"]Yes you''re correct, I did read that slightly wrong !!! *apologies*[/quote]
lol, it''s alright.
As for the rumour:- Can''t say I''ve really seen much of Cameron Jerome. Would prefer Danny Graham if it was between the two. Two players I wanted us to sign when we went up were Shane Long & Danny Graham. 
I''d think Long is out of our reach now with West Brom experiencing their current form, and him being a starter for them. But I guess Graham could be a possibility. Though according to reports he has some kind of mystery illness, rather than being out of favour. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/mystery-bug-sidelines-graham-153634109.html

I really hope its not Cameron Jerome. Wouldn''t IMPROVE what we have. I hate to say it but neither would Danny Graham. If he''s not good enough to get in the side at Swansea (which is what the Swansea fans seem to think) then why would he do any better here? Huge waste of 5million quid.

Hughton needs to find a someone from overseas I think. Failing that, bring in a top striker from the Championship and hope for the best. Not CMS because its quite clear he''s now found his level (It''s a good job we didnt break the bank for him last year btw!) but someone a little more under the radar.

Brett Pitman anyone? 20 goals in 18 appearances. Says it all. Wouldn''t be too expensive either.

[quote user="Nick"]

I really hope its not Cameron Jerome. Wouldn''t IMPROVE what we have. I hate to say it but neither would Danny Graham. If he''s not good enough to get in the side at Swansea (which is what the Swansea fans seem to think) then why would he do any better here? Huge waste of 5million quid.

Hughton needs to find a someone from overseas I think. Failing that, bring in a top striker from the Championship and hope for the best. Not CMS because its quite clear he''s now found his level (It''s a good job we didnt break the bank for him last year btw!) but someone a little more under the radar.

Brett Pitman anyone? 20 goals in 18 appearances. Says it all. Wouldn''t be too expensive either.

[/quote]

Sorry I mean Charlie Austin, not Brett Pitman!

Don''t see the logic in that... Austin''s scoring at Championship level but that''s not to say he''s definately going to score in the Prem. Graham proved last season he''s got goals in him at this level which IMO makes him the safer bet if we''re gonna part with £5mil on a player.

I would be happy to see Danny Graham here, a good fox in the box and seems to know Holty pretty well, good partnership possibly ???

If possible I would also like us to sign a relative unknown like we did with Tettey, someone with pace and power that has potential to be a Prem star,,, here''s hoping!!!

OTBC :)

[quote user="sjs7"]I would be happy to see Danny Graham here, a good fox in the box and seems to know Holty pretty well, good partnership possibly ???

If possible I would also like us to sign a relative unknown like we did with Tettey, someone with pace and power that has potential to be a Prem star,,, here''s hoping!!!

OTBC :)[/quote]
I agree with all of that. Especially the part in bold. I''d like to see us get a couple of strikers in to be honest. Priority would be a relative unknown (a Tettey-esque signing) for me.