Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Whats with the negativity... We will win tonight (I hope)!!

This is not a grumble at any post or individual, but reading a lot of the posts on here and the Wrath, there seems to be a lot of negativity going into tonight’s game.

I’m surprised, personally I feel pretty optimistic – and this is why:

·         We are unbeaten in 6 premier League games

·         We have beaten 2 of the ‘big 4’ in the last month

·         Even tho we haven’t won away, we have had some strong performances, Spurs/Reading/Everton, an away win is just round the corner

·         Holt has been playing well, but not scored lately, He will start to find the net again.

·         We have only failed to score 3 times this season - Southampton have conceded more goals than any other team in the PL – Holt will take advantage of a ‘championship’ defence.  

·         Southampton have only kept 1 clean sheet all season (Newcastle).

·         Even tho they have one there last two games, they beat a very very poor QPR and Newcastle, who at the moment are completely out of shape – they wont win 3 on the trot...

I have backed Norwich to win 1-0, Holt to score, but would take a 1-1 draw, I can’t see us losing this one!

Really looking forward to tonight, about to leave the office to jump on the train form Waterloo... in CH I trust!

OTBC

Southampton have a shakey defence, but a strong-ish attack. 
Our strength recently has been our defence, which, if they can deal with Hernandez, Van Persie, Podolski, Giroud etc. should be able to deal with Southamptons attack. 
As long as our attack can exploit their defence, we will win the game. Wes is the key to tonights game in my opinion.

We''re unbeaten in 6 games, but that just makes me think we are going to lose that run in our next game lol. I''d take a draw now, but I''ll be over the moon if we win.

Agree with all of this. Carry on the defensive tightness of the last seven matches is the key. In addition to Wes and Holty, Pilks and Snoddy will have a crucial role both getting forward and tracking back to help the defence, which they have done excellently of late. I would be happy with a draw, but like RH and 87Canary, I''m still hoping for a crucial first away win. OTBC!

I wouldn''t bet on this match, it''s way to tough to call. But if I had to I''d say 1-1 with the goals from midfielders.

H4H, Completely agree with you mate, really good chance for all 3 points tonight, although I would (and have) put money on a 1-1 draw :-)

Having read the Saints forum boards, they are very respectful towards us and see tonight as a much tougher test than Newcastle last Sunday. Either way its a massive game, just wish I was going! C''mon City!

Why the doubts? We have been solid, confident and we will get a result tonight, 3-1 or 2-0. I don''t think Southamptons attack is any better than Arsenal, Man U or Stokes come to that!

Great job being done by Hughton, better manager than Lambert? looking like it.

[quote user="Indy"]

Why the doubts? We have been solid, confident and we will get a result tonight, 3-1 or 2-0. I don''t think Southamptons attack is any better than Arsenal, Man U or Stokes come to that!

Great job being done by Hughton, better manager than Lambert? looking like it.

[/quote]No Ruddy and no Turner, they''ll be a miss, Southampton are good at attacking and not to be underestimated. I''m not saying I think we''ll lose, but I just know it won''t be an easy away game.

Bunn was outstanding against Spurs and arguably Bennett is better than Turner, although I will say that after my initial criticism of Turner he''s been OK.

No away game is easy but we are on a good run and our players will be right up for this one, I am very confident of at least a draw.

Bunn looked good against Spurs, but I think I will always feel more confident with Ruddy in goal, as long as Bassong is fit and playing, I still believe anyone who plays in defence with him will do a good job. Winning would be massive though, I''m just always negative going into games lol.

The thing is, I normally sway towards the glass half empty point of view, but you''re right Bassong is huge at the back, superb and controls the defence. Yep Ruddy too is one of the best in this league, but Bunn is a capable player, so not a young inexperienced keeper for this game. Who knows but here''s to a 3-1 win ........

Whats with the negativity...because we are Norwich  City and it''s what we do best. Years of false dawns have come and gone and we are pre-conditioned to anticipate failure. Prepare for the worst and we can''t be disappointed.I will take a point right now and be highly delighted.

[quote user="H4H"]

This is not a grumble at any post or individual, but reading a lot of the posts on here and the Wrath, there seems to be a lot of negativity going into tonight’s game.

I’m surprised, personally I feel pretty optimistic – and this is why:

·         We are unbeaten in 6 premier League games

·         We have beaten 2 of the ‘big 4’ in the last month

·         Even tho we haven’t won away, we have had some strong performances, Spurs/Reading/Everton, an away win is just round the corner

·         Holt has been playing well, but not scored lately, He will start to find the net again.

·         We have only failed to score 3 times this season - Southampton have conceded more goals than any other team in the PL – Holt will take advantage of a ‘championship’ defence.  

·         Southampton have only kept 1 clean sheet all season (Newcastle).

·         Even tho they have one there last two games, they beat a very very poor QPR and Newcastle, who at the moment are completely out of shape – they wont win 3 on the trot...

I have backed Norwich to win 1-0, Holt to score, but would take a 1-1 draw, I can’t see us losing this one!

Really looking forward to tonight, about to leave the office to jump on the train form Waterloo... in CH I trust!

OTBC

[/quote]

Norwich City will win this game without a doubt. Yellow and Green is a unique and irresistible force on the South Coast tonight. Hope they don''t play in that awful black. Wave after wave of Canary attacks. No concessions. Holty one-on-one dinks the goalie into bottom corner. Hoolahan chips goalie from inside his own half. Bassong bullet header into top corner of near post from inside D - goalie no chance........

The doubters are probably those supporters who spend more time thinking about Ipswich than they do Norwich. Ought to join Bowkett in his helicopter for a tour of The Solent while all this is going on...........

The danger from Soton is largely their midfield which gets forward very well to support the attack. IF we can control Lallana, Puncheon and ramirez we have a good chance as there will be space at the back. I''d like to see Jackson at some stage since I think his pace will be useful tonight on the counter. But the key battles will be those fought by Tettey and Johnson in the middle. I''ll take a 1-1 but their home advantage and multitude of attacking options might, just, make them slight favourites if there is to be a winner.