Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Joey Barton speaking in silly French accent

[quote user="Lambo"]

Haha Barton''s on a wind up, nothing more nothing less.   For all his mindless moments I actually quite like Joey Barton, far more entertaining than most footballers who spout the same old generic garbage.   *put''s tin hat on*

[/quote]

There is no middle way, Lambo.  If he is on a wind up, he is insulting the French, showing no respect and mimicing them - he does it all the time, it''s not just the one video.   If he is talking genuinely like that because he thinks that is the best way to talk - then he is just showing himself up to be a complete plonker.    As for his "mindless moments" it seems that his whole life is a mindless moment.      He has the worst kind of character - someone who thinks he''s big and clever but in reality is small minded and lacking in intelligence.     I  would have to question why you quite like him.  His "entertainment" value is nil in my book.   I would rather have generic rubbish from footballers, than complete egocentric w**k.

Let them do the clever stuff on the pitch  - for people like Barton, trying to act clever off it just doesn''t work - he''s not that clever on the pitch either, that''s why he''s in exile. 

Don''t worry Lambo ........ you''re not alone.

Perhaps we should never have shown ''Allo ''Allo as that must also have been disrespecting the French.

And shame on any poster on here who actually found it funny!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Don''t worry Lambo ........ you''re not alone.

Perhaps we should never have shown ''Allo ''Allo as that must also have been disrespecting the French.

And shame on any poster on here who actually found it funny![/quote]

I don''t find Barton remotely funny.   If you find him funny its a bit like laughing at someone who is disabled, imo - he clearly has problems.

And the point about Allo Allo is that it is meant to be funny.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is no middle way, Lambo.  If he is on a wind up, he is insulting the French, showing no respect and mimicing them - he does it all the time, it''s not just the one video.   If he is talking genuinely like that because he thinks that is the best way to talk - then he is just showing himself up to be a complete plonker.    As for his "mindless moments" it seems that his whole life is a mindless moment.      He has the worst kind of character - someone who thinks he''s big and clever but in reality is small minded and lacking in intelligence.     I  would have to question why you quite like him.  His "entertainment" value is nil in my book.   I would rather have generic rubbish from footballers, than complete egocentric w**k.

[/quote]Don''t hold back will you LDC [;)]In all fairness to Barton not many English players would have gone and played in a foreign country once they were out of favour at their club. Most would have sat around and happily picked up their wages for doing bugger all. I think he deserves some credit for that. I do think he believes he is a little more intelligent than he truly is (the title of most intelligent English footballer is hardly hotly contested) but at least he makes an effort to rise above the banal.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="lake district canary"]There is no middle way, Lambo.  If he is on a wind up, he is insulting the French, showing no respect and mimicing them - he does it all the time, it''s not just the one video.   If he is talking genuinely like that because he thinks that is the best way to talk - then he is just showing himself up to be a complete plonker.    As for his "mindless moments" it seems that his whole life is a mindless moment.      He has the worst kind of character - someone who thinks he''s big and clever but in reality is small minded and lacking in intelligence.     I  would have to question why you quite like him.  His "entertainment" value is nil in my book.   I would rather have generic rubbish from footballers, than complete egocentric w**k.

[/quote]Don''t hold back will you LDC [;)]In all fairness to Barton not many English players would have gone and played in a foreign country once they were out of favour at their club. Most would have sat around and happily picked up their wages for doing bugger all. I think he deserves some credit for that. I do think he believes he is a little more intelligent than he truly is (the title of most intelligent English footballer is hardly hotly contested) but at least he makes an effort to rise above the banal.[/quote]

Can''t help it, Shack - I was trying to avoid this thread because I knew how I''d react.   I don''t believe Barton had any alternative but to go to France, so I don''t think he gets credit for that either.   He had no future here and was told so imo.   Hope the French can put up with him...........

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I  would have to question why you quite like him. 
[/quote]

He''s honest, simple as that. Tells it like it is and isn''t afraid to upset anyone by doing it.

He did an interview recently with GQ magazine in which he''s almost too honest, speaking about the incident the final day of last season openly. Admits he''s not proud of it etc.

He can be an idiot yes, but at the same time I have a layer of respect for his refreshing honesty in a sport now dominated by liars & cheats.

There''s at least a couple on here who speak with silly Suffolk accents. [:''(]

But they are forgiven, and I won''t out them on here.

[C]

OTBC

I''d be willing to bet my house he has a double digit IQ, there''s no way he''s clever enough to act so well. The guy is a bona fide idiot who belongs to be exiled in the French league.

Thank you Ted.

And Webbo if you think that (and i''m not necessarily going to disagree) why don''t you take that into consideration when replying to me? You''re the only other regular poster i''ve noticed who has a regular problem with me, Ted has explained himself and I accept that, you never do. And then you say that, which is probably fair enough, but in my eyes that makes you worse because you obvious think/know that about me yet still occasionally have little digs at me, bit odd really...

And LDC, Barton knew exactly what he was doing, he admitted on Twitter it was ''easier'' to speak like an Allo Allo character in a room full of French journalists. He''s an odd one really, its easy just to say he''s an idiot, but sometimes he does come across very differently. I''ve read a couple interviews with him suggesting he isn''t just a silly lad. But only he really knows...

[quote user="Ted Danson"]When you spend time in another country for a sustained period of time and you talk to non-english language talking people, to get your point across you have to use ''simple'' english to which you then start trying to mimic the native tongue....which is what you can hear Barton doing. I can see why this is funny to someone who hasn''t experienced this first hand and I can see why GP thinks he''s putting it on.[/quote]

Spot on. Been there and done it in Germany !! [:D]

I think some of the sympathy for Barton is misplaced.   He cannot keep  being violent - then apologising, violent again,   apologising again etc etc.    Admitting you''ve done wrong isn''t necessarily being honest anyway - its a bit like stating the obvious - "I''ve been caught red handed, I''ll admit it was wrong" kind of thing.    If you say you''re sorry but don''t mean it, there is no point in saying sorry in the first place.  

He is in France for a reason - no one in this country would have him.  That tells the story, really.   And as for putting on the "accent"  - well if that''s how English people talk when we go abroad then no wonder our reputation is so poor as travellers.   If you stay in a country for any length of time you try to speak the language - not put on a silly accent. 

The bottom line is that anybody that is violent (unless in self-defence of course) is by definition not a very intelligent person.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I think some of the sympathy for Barton is misplaced.   He cannot keep  being violent - then apologising, violent again,   apologising again etc etc.    Admitting you''ve done wrong isn''t necessarily being honest anyway - its a bit like stating the obvious - "I''ve been caught red handed, I''ll admit it was wrong" kind of thing.    If you say you''re sorry but don''t mean it, there is no point in saying sorry in the first place.  

He is in France for a reason - no one in this country would have him.  That tells the story, really.   And as for putting on the "accent"  - well if that''s how English people talk when we go abroad then no wonder our reputation is so poor as travellers.   If you stay in a country for any length of time you try to speak the language - not put on a silly accent. 

[/quote]

It''s the learning of the language and using the associated accent that causes that accent to be used inadvertantly when speaking in ones native language.  I was only aware that I was speaking english with a german accent when a girlfriend pointed it out. It''s a subconscious act so it is unfair to criticise Barton or McClaren.

There are not many characters left in the sanitised world of football, and even though Joey is a pratt, at least he provides some entertainment. What a pious lot some of you are!

Barton is still using English words but with a French ''twang''. Does he think the French would suddenly understand the same word just because he drags it out for another second, or puts "errr" after it?

Don''t worry LDC. I agree with what you say.

Since when has being a thug been a good thing? Not a very good role model for the young uns either is he...

I was reading an article in the Guardian last year, he was going through an art exhibit and saying how he could feel the "energies" of the paintings communicating with him.

He''s a twat.