Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Joey Barton speaking in silly French accent

I love the pauses that he puts in that a foreign player usually does when he''s trying to think of the right word, just Joeys translating English to err..... English.

The end bit is the best for me, where he seems to miss out words such as "there is" and just says "big difference". He sounds like Wenger trying to speak English! Apparently he''s too intelligent to be a footballer as well isn''t he? Always good for a laugh is Joey!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I love the pauses that he puts in that a foreign player usually does when he''s trying to think of the right word, just Joeys translating English to err..... English.[/quote]CORRECTION - He''s translating Scouse into English. 2 VERY different languages. [:D]Brilliant vid. had to watch the Mclaren one again too. Always raises a smile!

When you spend time in another country for a sustained period of time and you talk to non-english language talking people, to get your point across you have to use ''simple'' english to which you then start trying to mimic the native tongue....which is what you can hear Barton doing.

I can see why this is funny to someone who hasn''t experienced this first hand and I can see why GP thinks he''s putting it on.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I love the pauses that he puts in that a foreign player usually does when he''s trying to think of the right word, just Joeys translating English to err..... English.[/quote]

Since when has Joey Barton spoken English, Scouse don''t count.

And, if you go look at his Twitter he''s pretty much said he''s put it on...

So thanks again for having a pop at me for nothing. The fact I know you are an adult makes it even worse, I may be 20 but i''ve still got the excuse of being an immature student. Whats you''re excuse?

I think anyone who attempts to speak in another language is to be commended. It is certainly more commendable than those who speak with their native tongue but can hardly be understood by their fellow countrymen. [;)]

So is this actually helpful to the french then?

I dont think I could ever bring myself to do something like this so fair play to Barton for that, mind you wouldn''t it just be easier to pick up a more reasonable english accent as oppose to this?

And GP he was explaining it to you.

I doubt Joey Barton is putting it on, even if he''s claiming he did to save face. The alternative is that he''s being disrespectful to the foreign players and coaches who make a real effort to speak English, of course thats not beyond him being the sort of guy he is. Hats off to him if he actually tries to speak some French at some point.

As for being helpful to the French, i cant see that speaking pigeon broken english is going to help them at all, He''s not asking for directions from the local farmer.  The services of a translator wouldnt have been beyond his means or the general expectation at this early stage abroad.

If he was trying to speak French than fair enough, but he wasn''t. He was speaking English with a French accent which is laughable and makes him look like even more of an idiot.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]If he was trying to speak French than fair enough, but he wasn''t. He was speaking English with a French accent which is laughable and makes him look like even more of an idiot. [/quote]

This

I wasn''t picking on you?

Am I not allowed to pass comment on your post now? I thought that was what an Internet forum was about?

A) someone gives an opinion

B) someone agrees or disagrees with said opinion

Please point out to me where I have ''picked'' on you and many apologies if that''s what you thought I was doing?

I''ve just self reviewed my first message to you...I''ve actually agreed with you!

Seems like I can''t win?

I wasn''t going to look at this, but I''m glad I did.  This buffoon is insulting in the way he is talking.   He''s not trying to speak French - at best he is trying talk like they do when they speak English.   Its no more than what a parrot does - mimics what it hears.  

He has a complete lack of understanding of what he is doing.   He would be showing more respect if he just spoke in his normal voice and dropped in the odd French word or phrase now and then.    He thinks he is being clever but is being the opposite - it would be funny if it wasn''t so sad.

Ted, If you don''t think you''re doing that then fair enough.

But under your old username you had a go at me a few times. And on the Bassong thread you had a go at me, when anyone else who commented specifically about my post agreed with me.

Just to make it clear, I am perfectly happy for others to have an opinion, and I know when I give my opinion I can be a bit forceful/over the top. And I post too much, and contradict myself, and repeat things etc

But on here, you said you can see why people like me would think that, when I was about the 5th/6th person to comment, and everyone has said how stupid they think Barton was. Yet I read you''re post and it seemed like you were suggesting that anyone (specifically mentioning me) who was laughing at Barton for this is a bit stupid. I know you develop an accent when living in a different country (even different part of the same country) and it is probably easier to speak simple English in a slight French accent, but he wasn''t really doing that, he was just trying to sound French, and admitted on Twitter it was easier that way.

You don''t have to agree with me, thats fine. Many don''t. I was thinking last night how I often really like players many don''t, Fozzy & Andy Hughes for example, Gary Doherty, Wilbraham (wasn''t popular to begin with), Johnson (again not all that popular). I don''t do it on purpose, I think its just I hear/read people criticising these, often very over the top criticism, and I want to defend them. So i''m used to have plenty of people disagree with my opinion.

I don''t mind when posters on an obvious wind up have a go, because most of the time they are just trolls. But when regular posters have a go, it has a slight effect on me. Please tell me if i''m being stupid, making mistakes etc, but occasionally you''ve done it in a way that is just insulting, like in Bassong thread, if you go read your post to me in that again, i''d hope you could at least see where I am coming from...

Anyway, that was far too longer post and I have to go...

[quote user="lake district canary"]I wasn''t going to look at this, but I''m glad I did.  This buffoon is insulting in the way he is talking.   He''s not trying to speak French - at best he is trying talk like they do when they speak English.   Its no more than what a parrot does - mimics what it hears.  

He has a complete lack of understanding of what he is doing.   He would be showing more respect if he just spoke in his normal voice and dropped in the odd French word or phrase now and then.    He thinks he is being clever but is being the opposite - it would be funny if it wasn''t so sad.

[/quote]

It is funny dear, the funniest thing for me is that I suspect he believes he is actually talking French!

It reminded me of the wonderful Paul Whitehouse creation Julio Geordie, who spoke a hilarious and seamless mix of Spanish and Geordie. I hope Barton stays abroad long enough to get as good.

[quote user="Ted Danson"]I''ve just self reviewed my first message to you...I''ve actually agreed with you!

Seems like I can''t win?[/quote]

SELF REVIEW mmm I''ve not heard it called that before,

I think it''s clear you take things to heart GP which certainly isn''t a bad thing

Re: the bassong thread you seem to think I was advocating a 10 point deduction for Everton something which I never said and is quite over the top as was your ridiculous claim re: uefa banning English football from Europe, which I thought was a bit insensitive given what happened to spurs fans last week.

Again just my opinion, but I actually agreed with you this time (I think I used you as my example as your post was directly before mine)

I don''t have as much time as you do to justify every point I make, that''s not me having a dig at you that''s just how it is

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ted, If you don''t think you''re doing that then fair enough. But under your old username you had a go at me a few times. And on the Bassong thread you had a go at me, when anyone else who commented specifically about my post agreed with me. Just to make it clear, I am perfectly happy for others to have an opinion, and I know when I give my opinion I can be a bit forceful/over the top. And I post too much, and contradict myself, and repeat things etc But on here, you said you can see why people like me would think that, when I was about the 5th/6th person to comment, and everyone has said how stupid they think Barton was. Yet I read you''re post and it seemed like you were suggesting that anyone (specifically mentioning me) who was laughing at Barton for this is a bit stupid. I know you develop an accent when living in a different country (even different part of the same country) and it is probably easier to speak simple English in a slight French accent, but he wasn''t really doing that, he was just trying to sound French, and admitted on Twitter it was easier that way. You don''t have to agree with me, thats fine. Many don''t. I was thinking last night how I often really like players many don''t, Fozzy & Andy Hughes for example, Gary Doherty, Wilbraham (wasn''t popular to begin with), Johnson (again not all that popular). I don''t do it on purpose, I think its just I hear/read people criticising these, often very over the top criticism, and I want to defend them. So i''m used to have plenty of people disagree with my opinion. I don''t mind when posters on an obvious wind up have a go, because most of the time they are just trolls. But when regular posters have a go, it has a slight effect on me. Please tell me if i''m being stupid, making mistakes etc, but occasionally you''ve done it in a way that is just insulting, like in Bassong thread, if you go read your post to me in that again, i''d hope you could at least see where I am coming from... Anyway, that was far too longer post and I have to go...[/quote]

I think you might just be a touch over-sensitive at times.

I wouldn''t say over sensitive as that is a bit insulting to GP

He does tend to over react occasionally but that shows passion which makes this board entertaining

Haha Barton''s on a wind up, nothing more nothing less.

For all his mindless moments I actually quite like Joey Barton, far more entertaining than most footballers who spout the same old generic garbage.

*put''s tin hat on*