Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Stan Collymore's relegation predictions...

I''d still put QPR in simply because they have so few points! I think Wigan will escape again and cause an upset or 2 as usual against ''big clubs''. Reading is the other I fancy to go down, but still unsure over the 3rd with Sunderland and Villa both doing badly as well

Clubs like Wigan who spend each season narrowly avoiding relegation tend to go down eventually. I suspect this might be the season for that. They are usually joined by a club with a whiff of defeat about it. Sunderland look to have that at the moment, but it still very early in the season and our recent run of form suggests that it maybe a few more months at lesat to a clearer picture emerges.

But it is still heartening to hear someone who doesn''t simply trot out the usual predictable names, as with Merson, Lawro etc

I reckon Southampton are showing they have enough about them to stay up. Truly they are a spitting image of us last season, I''ve got a lot of respect for them and am very nervous of our game on wednesday.

I think they deserve to stay up on their performances so far, ultimately though... I hope I''m wrong just because it''s an extra space in the bottom three filled!

When Harry took over at Southampton they had 12 points from 16 games. and they finished bottom with about 32 points. QPR have 4 from 13 so he needs to win the next 3 to get to his southampton start. He is good no doubt about it but is he a magician?? His next 4 games mainly against others in the mix will give a good indication he needs at least 6 points from these imo

Harry usually works his magic during the transfer windows but I think he has got a real squad of loafers. I would happily ship out Dyer, Cisse, Wright-Phillips and Hoilett I don''t think any of those players are interested in anything other than their pay cheques. I think that means life is going to be really hard for him at that club, I''d be surprised if they stay up.

The media love-in with ''arry is nauseating and his restorative powers are dramatically overstated. I expect Mr Redknapp to lead them to oblivion. I hope so anyway.

RP

I just cant figure QPR out, I`m not sure that `arry will be able to get any more out of that bunch than Hughes did, I guess they are like an army of mercenaries and maybe the only way he will get them to play is by putting a bit of extra money in their boots after each game, like about £50k.

qpr reading and villa for me - if PL can get them to escape then soton will be the third.

If we can nobble coloccini...

I don''t see Southampton or Wigan going down as both have no problem scoring goals. For me it''s Sunderland, Villa and QPR.

I''m beginning to think it won''t be a good season for the North East - both the Toon and the Mackem''s are going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.  Both have manager''s who are beginning to have the look of haunted, past their sell by date, men.  Them and QPR and Reading for me.  But what do I know....

[quote user="shefcanary"]I''m beginning to think it won''t be a good season for the North East - both the Toon and the Mackem''s are going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.  Both have manager''s who are beginning to have the look of haunted, past their sell by date, men.  Them and QPR and Reading for me.  But what do I know....[/quote]

Agree about the Northeast two.  Thought Newcastle were pretty poor when we played them up there.

But we hadn''t quite got our own act together by then.  Today would be different.

Unfortunately cant see QPR going down. Which is a pity as I''m surrounded by their fans every day.

Harry was sensible enough to play some of their old guard in on Saturday. The ones who got them promoted.

They still lost, but there was more passion. That should get them some points till ''arry gets his cheqeu book out in January.

Correction, TATA Steele''s cheque book.

Collymore is probably my favourite pundit, generally speaks a fair bit of sense and spent a lot of time praising us last season.

A number of people talk about ''Arry shipping out under performing players; I would be surprised if he got many takers based on the sort of money many of them will be on.

Reading are the most likely of all. QPR need 35 points from 24 games which is top 6 form - that is a big ask, I am very surprised that Harry couldn''t get them a win at a desperately out of . Soton do have the look of us last year so you suspect they will win enough games to keep them up. Wigan are usually there or there abouts & sooner or later they won''t survive. Sunderland look very poor at the moment & you wonder if we beat them whether O''Neill will resign or get sacked. The result last night showed that maybe Lambert hasn''t lost that knack of winning the must win games.

We are in the group of sides with Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea (if we are honest we are probably more likely than they are) who could get sucked into the mire if we lose a couple of games.

I think it will be;

Reading Wigan Sunderland