Sign in to follow this  
drurys testamonials V 15

Southampton v Norwich match thread

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
You''re a moron.
[/quote]

we would win more games than lose them that way you pr1ck.

going down playing this way

[/quote]
Anyone who says that they would rather see ''their'' team lose than get a point, even in a dour negative way, is a moron in my eyes.
The fact you also missed the clearly highlighted part of your quote also indicates a level of stupidity rarely seen in life.

If we beat Sunderland...

First off, a draw away from home is still a great result who ever you play in the league (for a mid-bottom half table side). Unbeaten in 7 is quite frankly fantastic.

But, and I don''t want to sound ungrateful or like i''m having a go at the team, but why didn''t we win that?

Even if you ignore the penalty that could have been and the handball for their goal. And the GK mistake for our goal. Most of the time we kept their chances to a minimum, they put plenty of dangerous balls into the box, but only had 2/3 really clear chances that I can remember. Rest of the time we were getting rid of the ball well enough.

And as I listed earlier, we had so many good chances, decent balls into the box, things that should have worked but were let down by poor technique. And thats not even mentioning the large percentage of poor first half crosses and set pieces.

I''m probably more upset because I was close to winning £50 from a £2 bet. But I just felt we were on top for a while, were creating chances, good chances, didn''t score so gave up. I''m happy with a point away at home, but when you are better than the other side you should really go for the win wether you are home or away. We were better than them in the second half when we got going, rest of the time we just weren''t bothered about playing football. We won''t draw all our away games, and won''t win all our home games, so we do need to win some of these away games against sides we can beat, Villa, Reading and Southampton. All very winnable games, all games we did enough in defence to keep them from being too much trouble, only to fail to convert the chances we had.

Anyway, moaning over. 1-1, unbeaten in 7 league games, 8 overall. Home game against a poor out of form side coming up (lucky against Fulham, bad red card decision, followed by a few good counter attacks). We''ll be staying up this season, but at the moment, the only thing I can get excited about is the unbeaten run...

I think we all need to take stock and have a beer or something.It wasn''t a good performance, but it is still a point away from home, which is 1 point better than losing. We have a good chance to get another 3 points on Sunday, so lets hope we can take it.They say winning is a habit, well we are proving that not losing is also a habit - its not as good as winning, but it is much better than losing.

I found it very encouraging. We can now play badly (for large sections of the game) & not get beat. Play well, & we can beat Man. U. Which means just about anyone.If we continue like this, we are most definitely NOT going down.

Whatever your feelings about the style of play technika, the fact we are unbeaten in 7 and won are last 3 home games is not relegation form.

Good point and it was important not to lose. BOTH teams were not pretty to watch tonight, it was a scrappy game. We snuffed out the majority of their attacking threat, but I will agree we offered little going forward.

A good point.

Yes we aren''t as exciting as were last year and it would have been good to get that elusive 1st away win. However, it is important we do not lose games to those likely to be with us in the bottom 8 and we have avoided that at Reading, Villa & Soton. I think we have to accept that the Lambert "you score 2 but we''ll get 3" days are long gone. Hopefully, we can start getting a few goals in the next few games.

Lets be honest to be unbeaten in 7 Prem games (plus a further game against Spurs in the LC) is an incredible achievement for a club of our stature, resources and recent history.

I can''t believe some of the comments on this thread. It reads like you''d be happier to lose 2-1 having gone all out for the win than playing a sensible game, picking up ANOTHER solid away point. Two very tricky games at Goodison and St Mary''s and we have come out of it unbeaten with 4 (plus the QF of the cup) more than winnable fixtures coming up? I''m delighted.

[quote user="NWC"]I think we all need to take stock and have a beer or something.It wasn''t a good performance, but it is still a point away from home, which is 1 point better than losing. We have a good chance to get another 3 points on Sunday, so lets hope we can take it.They say winning is a habit, well we are proving that not losing is also a habit - its not as good as winning, but it is much better than losing.[/quote]

3 points on Sunday to continue this great run

rather lose than, not only gain a point, but take two from a team that needs to be relegated this season?

very odd.

Couldn''t agree more, this is what people seem quick to forget.

At Carrow Road, I could accept being dissapointed with that performance, but 1-1 away at a place we traditionally get nothing from represents a great point IMO, even if was a little dull and un-inspiring!

Of course we would all like to have seen a win but lets not forget that Southampton have hit good form themselves with two very good wins.

On the basis of that whilst not necessarily over joyred we should be at least content with this draw

[quote user="ron obvious"]I found it very encouraging. We can now play badly (for large sections of the game) & not get beat. Play well, & we can beat Man. U. Which means just about anyone.

If we continue like this, we are most definitely NOT going down.

[/quote]

[Y]

Lets look at the plus side. That''s 2 points Southampton won''t be getting ;)

Good point, Southampton have found some form recently and as other posters have said if we can make sure we dont lose against competitors when playing away and then beat them back at Carrow Road i''d take that everytime. We''ve made sure we havent let Villa, Reading or Southampton take three points off us at their grounds, thats got to be a good thing. Lets just make sure we beat them at home.